Why do xbox controllers start drifting so quickly?

Discus and support Why do xbox controllers start drifting so quickly? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I got an xbox controller last year and only half a year after, the sticks lost their grip and started drifting. Now I got a new one on around December... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by HiVJ, Dec 31, 2023.

1. HiVJ
    HiVJ Guest

I got an xbox controller last year and only half a year after, the sticks lost their grip and started drifting. Now I got a new one on around December and it already came with controller drift. Now the drift is starting to get worse. I didnt throw it around or anything. They start drifting very quickly.

:)

2. The_Last_DJ Win User

Hello HiVJ! I'm Kris and I'd be happy to help you with your question.

Sorry to hear you have another controller with issues and so soon. I would suggest claiming the warranty so you can get it sorted. I can't say why you have been so unlucky with controllers.
  3. Just a Volunteer Win User

4. ChuckDzzNutz Win User

Two Weeks, Two Controllers, Kaput

My 360 controller started "drifting" at some point but it was never really concern. As soon as you flicked the stick in another direction that was quickly remedied. This is entirely a different beast.
  5. [Farscape] Win User

Why is the Quality of the Xbox Elite Version 2 controls bad?

they have turned into apple, they sell inferior cheap tack at a premium price.

I have seen loads and loads of posts about stick drift on a lot of new controllers, not just elite.

Best thing is i have three xbox one s controllers, all with drift on the left thumbstick, seems to be an issue when you click it in repeatedly for running in games it then gets drift very quickly. (mainly drifting up)

I bought a power A controller with two rear buttons and low and behold no drift even after three months of use.
  6. WUIJIBOBO Win User

Xbox Stick shift problem

Unfortunately stick drift is something that happens to almost every controller with analogue sticks after some time. I feel like the fact that a lot of games require you to click in the sticks for in-game actions has resulted in stick drift becoming more
    common more quickly in these last two generations of consoles. I've had to replace a few controllers on the PS3, Xbox 360 and Xbox One because of stick drift. As Dazza said, you can fix the controllers, but that requires taking them apart and doing some soldering.
    Quickest and simplest solution is getting another controller, which really sucks because they're not cheap.
Thema:

1. Why do xbox controllers start drifting so quickly? - Similar Threads - Why controllers start

2. Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?: We got a new Xbox Series S back in February and the controller that came with it was working very well.. Until recently. For some reason, the controller now won't turn on instantly and no matter...
  3. Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?: The controller I have is the stock controller that came with my Xbox series x console. I've had it for about two years now and I haven't had any issues with it until a week ago. The vibration...
  4. Why did I spend over 100$s for this Xbox elite controller....smh it's poor to say the least...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did I spend over 100$s for this Xbox elite controller....smh it's poor to say the least...: THIS CONTROLLER IS NOT BETTER THEN THE ORIGINAL VERSION. IT JUST COST MORE AND IS VERY FRUSTRATING... PLEASE STOP MAKING THESE CONTROLLERS.. ANYTHING THAT COMES APART INN COMPETITIVE GAMES SHOULD...
  5. Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?: I have bought my Xbox Series X a few months after it dropped… ive been through atleast 7 controllers and they are not cheap. My new pink one (which i LOVE just started with stick drift. It takes...
  6. Why my controller keeps turning off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my controller keeps turning off: I recently updated my elite controller 2 days before making this post. All of a sudden it wouldn't charge and when tried to power on it lights up and slowly dims and powers, when i try to sync it...
  7. Why wont my PowerA Fusion Controller for Xbox One turn on ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my PowerA Fusion Controller for Xbox One turn on ?: The controller was in use then just shut off and won't go back on 40a79e28-e2fd-4790-a744-677888f2cdfe
  8. Why is this happening to multiple of my new Xbox controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is this happening to multiple of my new Xbox controllers?: I am writing in regards to issues with fairly new Xbox controllers, it seems as if every time I buy a new controller a terrible constant stick drift will start to happen within a very short time...
  9. Why does my Xbox controller randomly start blinking?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox controller randomly start blinking?: My Xbox controller won’t connect to my Xbox. Batteries were replaced and did try to reconnect after. The controller will connect if plugged in first. If I disconnect it it will stay connected...
  10. why won’t my console start when my controller is on?

in XBoX Accessibility
    why won’t my console start when my controller is on?: why won’t my console start when my controller is on? a8d5678b-7b12-4d9b-9eba-7b2ae913eb92