Why do we need to buy xbox live gold

Discus and support Why do we need to buy xbox live gold in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; As many people would agree xbox live gold is very expensive. Why do we need to buy gold to play online, there should be an alternative option for... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Gerard mauriseRasaitear, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Why do we need to buy xbox live gold

As many people would agree xbox live gold is very expensive. Why do we need to buy gold to play online, there should be an alternative option for people to play online and for people who want 4 games every month

:)

Gerard mauriseRasaitear, Oct 14, 2019
  2. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

Unfortunately it comes with gaming online now. PlayStation also has PS Pro. You can play digital purchases on your Home Xbox offline, and play discs offline, but for online MP services and for achievements to pop etc, you do need XBL.
  3. denis97g Win User

Nowadays, it works like this on every console. One of the main reasons is to keep the servers and the entire infrastructure working. If people only want games there's gamepass exactly for that reason.
  4. Wishcatcher Win User

Hi,

I know it could be expensive for the one who didnt play a lot online, but servers / IT cost a lot to get a good service...

Remember the time when Sony and Nintendo was free, online was also a not really good experience due to many outage and co...

Regards
  5. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Gerard,

Thanks for bring the question to the forums. Xbox Live is one of the most reliable gaming networks available and in order to achieve that you have to pay for servers and engineers who optimize them/keep them running.
    With free games with gold you earn that money back and then some due to able to get up to 40 free games a year.

Microsoft Rewards are a great way to earn Xbox Live Gold and other things without having to spend money by using Bing and other little tasks:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/rewards

For example when any game purchased you earn 4-6000 points, searching on Bing can earn 500 a day. A 25$ USD digital gift card is 25,000 points. Also, promotions are run frequently where they reduce the points needed for rewards. They also have
    subscriptions you can get with the reward points.

As there have been many questions concerning this issue I will be locking this thread.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Brad
  6. GMS1stLDYCannon Win User

Hello, pretty much all consoles work this way. You need to have an online subscription to play about 90% of the games. With XBox though you do get free games monthly with subscription and I think that makes it even more worth it.
Thema:

1. Why do we need to buy xbox live gold - Similar Threads - Why need buy

2. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  3. Why is my Xbox Series X game called HAUNTED HOUSE saying to play Haunted House you'll need...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox Series X game called HAUNTED HOUSE saying to play Haunted House you'll need...: Why is my Xbox Series X game called HAUNTED HOUSE saying to play Haunted House you'll need to transfer it to a storage expansion card or the consoles internal storage ....
  4. Why is GTA V now saying I need a disc to play?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is GTA V now saying I need a disc to play?: I bought GTA V with the game pass and it was the electronic version where it downloaded onto my Xbox 1 without needing the hard copy disc and it worked perfectly fine but now it’s giving me an...
  5. why the **** do i need to delete my god damn microsoft account just to get rid of a xbox...

in XBoX Accessibility
    why the **** do i need to delete my god damn microsoft account just to get rid of a xbox...: the ''masterminds'' at microsoft decided to make the ''delete xbox account'' feature into a ''delete microsoft account and everything else that it is connected to'' feature and i want it gone as...
  6. Why do I need to Buy Minecraft: Java Edition again?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I need to Buy Minecraft: Java Edition again?: [img] I just tried to log on to Minecraft and play some Java Edition while I am taking a break from work. The most peculiar thing pops up, "Buy Minecraft;" where the play button usually goes. I...
  7. Why do I need to buy gamepass after buying the disc for minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I need to buy gamepass after buying the disc for minecraft: I recently was trying to add skins to my minecraft by buying the old version of minecraft with the deluxe edition disc of minecraft I already have. It didn’t work so I just uninstalled it but now...
  8. Why does it say I still need to buy game pass for Dead by Daylight after I already bought...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does it say I still need to buy game pass for Dead by Daylight after I already bought...: I bought Dead by Daylight for 32$ and it says that I will need to pay an extra 16.99$ for a month of game pass just to play it for one month 1cb41d18-7df9-4bb7-9003-824a081915f0
  9. Why do you need to buy game pass on Cloud Gaming to play games you own already?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do you need to buy game pass on Cloud Gaming to play games you own already?: It just doesn’t make sense that you have to pay extra money to play games you already own. Can someone explain the thought behind why this was believed to be okay?...
  10. Why do I need to buy game again?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I need to buy game again?: I opened minecraft on PS4 and it replaced editions button to unlock full game but I already have Minecraft ***Moved from Gaming and Xbox/Games and gaming/Other***...