Why do so many Xbox series x refuse to read certain game discs? But will read others fine....

Discus and support Why do so many Xbox series x refuse to read certain game discs? But will read others fine.... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Urgent Attention Needed: Persistent Disc Reading Issue on Xbox Series X Dear Microsoft Support Team, I hope this message finds you well. I am... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Leo SHX, Mar 11, 2024.

1. Leo SHX
    Leo SHX Guest

Why do so many Xbox series x refuse to read certain game discs? But will read others fine....

Urgent Attention Needed:

Persistent Disc Reading Issue on Xbox Series X

Dear Microsoft Support Team,

I hope this message finds you well. I am reaching out to address a recurring issue with my Xbox Series X console, and it's about time we tackle this head-on.

For quite some time now, I've encountered a frustrating problem: certain brand new game discs simply refuse to be read by my console.

Now, before you suggest the usual troubleshooting steps, let me assure you that my disc drive is in pristine condition, and there's absolutely no damage to either the discs or the console. Yet, the problem persists.

It's baffling to me that this issue has been ongoing for years, affecting numerous users, and yet Microsoft has yet to acknowledge it as a legitimate concern. It's almost as if there's a concerted effort to ignore the problem altogether.

- I can't help but wonder if this is a deliberate ploy to push gamers towards digital copies instead of physical discs.

Could it be that this is an intentional hardware sabotage to promote your agenda? Frankly, it's disheartening to think that this might be the case.

As a loyal Xbox user, I expect better from Microsoft. I refuse to accept this as a mere inconvenience and demand a resolution to this issue.

It's high time for transparency and accountability.

I trust that you'll take this matter seriously and provide a prompt and satisfactory solution.

Failure to do so may leave me with no choice but to explore other avenues, including legal action.

I look forward to your swift response and hope for a resolution to this matter.

Sincerely,

Leo S

:)

Leo SHX, Mar 11, 2024
  2. Rickieq Win User

MW2 will not play

The Xbox series X will not read the MW2 disc, I have returned it and tried 3 separate copies of the MW2 disc, the console will play other games/discs and read dvds/blue rays as well. But will not read any MW2 disc I insert into the console. The disc will read on my Xbox one. I installed it there and network transferred all the data to the series X and upgraded all the data that was transferred but the console refuses to read the MW2 disc.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox One S is not playing certain DVDs

I take it Blu-Ray disc movies are working okay? Have you tried many of the ones you own? Games are detected?

Bear in mind that the Xbox One S, One X and the current Series X actually have two lasers, one for reading DVD discs (including Xbox 360 discs) and one for reading Blu-Ray discs, which also includes Xbox games as they are also on BD-Disc.

If the DVD laser is giving out, it won't read certain DVD discs, and this is likely the reason for the issues you are experiencing. This is also why Blu-Rays and Xbox One games are not effected. There is nothing wrong with your DVD's, it's the console's optical drive that is faulty.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Backwards compatibility

Hi,

Can you please check other backwards compatible Xbox 360 games (if you have any) and see if they prompt you download.

Call of Duty WW2 is an Xbox One game and as such is on a Blu-ray disc. Mortal Kombat (2011) is an Xbox 360 game and is on a DVD disc. It may surprise you to know, the Xbox One and Series X have different lasers built into the optical drive to enable the reading of different types of discs.

It's possible that the laser that reads Blu-rays is fine, but the laser that reads DVD discs is faulty.

Try a DVD movie disc (not an HD Blu-ray disc). If these also do not play, then the fault is with the drive and you'll need a repair or replacement console.
  5. Sodangidni Win User

EaFC24 Won't Read disk

Hello, Andrew. I'm Arturo, and I'll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

First, it is important to point out that a physical game can't be converted to a digital one because the game license is attached to the disc itself.

Besides that, would I know, is an Xbox Series X or Xbox One the one that doesn't read the disc?
    Additionally, the other console that read the disc, is an Xbox One, or a Series X?

Moreover, is this EA FC24 for both the Xbox One and Series X, or only for one of those consoles? You can check this by looking at the box.
  6. Gee Dubya Win User

Xbox Series X Not Reading Some Game Discs

Thank you for the reply!

I have now tried all of these steps and am still having the same problems.

I actually returned the first Xbox Series X that I got because it had this issue. The second one I got is having this same issue. The disc drive on the new console reads certain games and all blu-ray movies I have tested so it isn't a bad drive.

As stated in the original post there are no scuffs, scratches, or smudges on the discs so this is not an issue with the disc.

Also, as stated in the original post the same issue occurs on my sister's Xbox Series X which leads me to believe this is an issue with all Xbox Series X consoles only being able to read certain Xbox One game discs.

I will double check all of my game discs and make a complete list of what doesn't work and then confirm that all of these discs work on the Xbox One X.

I have been an Xbox gamer since the OG Xbox and have never been more frustrated and disappointed in a new console.
Thema:

1. Why do so many Xbox series x refuse to read certain game discs? But will read others fine.... - Similar Threads - Why many series

2. Why do i always keep getting banned for saying basic words, but when many other people say...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why do i always keep getting banned for saying basic words, but when many other people say...: Why do i always get banned for saying basic words, but others do not get banned, even if they say inappropriate words? 1ad069d8-f05c-4b5a-86ef-319d8f43b79e
  3. Why did i get this many strikes?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why did i get this many strikes?: i got multiple strikes for the same message failing to send xbox, it kept failing so kept trying again thinking its network issues, now i have 9 strikes, great service...
  4. Why does the right bumper fail on so many Elite 2 controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the right bumper fail on so many Elite 2 controllers?: Since customer support was unable to help me I figure I would try here before deciding whether or not to buy anymore Xbox hardware. I've had 2 Xbox elite 2 controllers stop working. Both had the...
  5. Why does my Xbox series s have so many bugs ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my Xbox series s have so many bugs ?: I’ve had this Xbox series s for about a year now and taken care of it perfectly but I’ve randomly started to encounter bugs after bugs after more random bugs so first I was experiencing really bad...
  6. Why are we so many racist players allowed to send messages online without proper...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why are we so many racist players allowed to send messages online without proper...: Myself and kids are often sent racist messages online. Nothing ever gets sorted. Wondering whether going to the media may help bring this to peoples attention. Microsoft don't seem keen to help....
  7. After so many years, why is xbox cloud gaming still in beta and doesn't have support from...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    After so many years, why is xbox cloud gaming still in beta and doesn't have support from...: Question posed above. While it's a great concept, with many people going to digital copies with minimal storage on the new consoles. Why is the cloud gaming still so poor? Servers need a massive...
  8. Why do I need online to install many xbox one games like:

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I need online to install many xbox one games like:: Why do I need to install games via online like- Mass Effect Legendary Edition Planet Coaster Walking Dead Destinies Jurassic world Evolution 2 c6839a48-e4f5-42bf-8ab0-ad59478ae1af
  9. Why does Minecraft have so many problems?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Minecraft have so many problems?: I recently downloaded Minecraft from the Microsoft store and I have a problem. After downloading the launcher I went ahead and installed the java edition. After downloading it the game didn't...
  10. Why did xbox change how many points you get for earning the daily Achievement

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did xbox change how many points you get for earning the daily Achievement: Why did xbox change the daily achievement reward from 50 to 5 points! that is so stupid!!!! it takes a lot longer to do that then any other reward!! Is there any way to start something for them to...