Why do my Xbox elite controllers consistently break after 2-4 months of use?

Discus and support Why do my Xbox elite controllers consistently break after 2-4 months of use? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have owned about 6 Xbox Elite controllers, maybe even more, over the span of 7 years from the first gen to the series two. One thing I find... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SeanDOCE, Nov 15, 2023.

1. SeanDOCE
    SeanDOCE Guest

I have owned about 6 Xbox Elite controllers, maybe even more, over the span of 7 years from the first gen to the series two. One thing I find incredibly frustrating is that either the LB or RB or both bumpers consistently being to function intermittently, or stop working entirely, after 2-4 months of use. And that’s not even mentioning the controller drift that follows around the same time shortly after. It’s like clockwork. Whether or not I send it in for repair under warranty, the same thing happens every single time. I’ve never experienced this with any other xbox controllers or brands just the elite. No matter what game I play, how cautious I am with them, or where i buy them from, it’s the same thing. Its gotten to the point where I’m genuinely considering not buying another xbox because I feel ripped off having spent hundreds, maybe over a thousand dollars and running into the same issue. Is there a permanent solution to the this controller issue other than me spending more money?

:)

SeanDOCE, Nov 15, 2023
  2. KhajiBower34 Win User

Hello SeanDOCE, I am an independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today. My name is Khaji

I understand your frustration with Xbox Elite controllers. Here are some suggestions that might help you solve this problem:

Clean the buttons: The buttons may have residue under or around the buttons due to continuous use or spills. Buttons can be cleaned with ********* alcohol and cotton swabs

Replace the buttons: If the buttons are still not working properly, they can be replaced using the button replacement guide

Update controller firmware: Make sure your controller firmware is up to date

Contact Xbox Support: If after following these steps, you are still having issues with the LB or RB buttons, I would recommend that you contact Xbox Support

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  3. CandidCreator23 Win User

Elite Controller

Repair it yourself by watching youtube videos. I once send in an elite controller and i will never do it again. It took microsoft 12 weeks to send it back. The bumpers of my elite controllers (yes plural, because they break so freakin' fast) break every
    3-4 weeks. Poorly engineered that thing...

In addition to that, one of my controllers had that said drift of yours from the beginning and the other one got it after 1 year.

I was hoping that microsoft announces an improved elite controller on e3 2018. But why would they?
  4. MickeyTong Win User

Decent controller for xbox one

Definitely Elite controller.

But how hard are you playing that you can break controller in 4 month?
  5. 80s guy Win User

Elite series 2 bumper repair

Why did you buy an Xbox elite controller 2

It breaks easily why not buy a regular Xbox one controller if you are just to play games

I would not waste my money on advanced accessories
  6. Sik0din Win User

What controller do you have?

I'm looking to purchase V2 of the elite since my first elite cracked 3 months after having it. (I've never had any controller break before). Right now I run with the Sea of Thieves controller.
Thema:

1. Why do my Xbox elite controllers consistently break after 2-4 months of use? - Similar Threads - Why elite controllers

2. Why did I spend over 100$s for this Xbox elite controller....smh it's poor to say the least...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did I spend over 100$s for this Xbox elite controller....smh it's poor to say the least...: THIS CONTROLLER IS NOT BETTER THEN THE ORIGINAL VERSION. IT JUST COST MORE AND IS VERY FRUSTRATING... PLEASE STOP MAKING THESE CONTROLLERS.. ANYTHING THAT COMES APART INN COMPETITIVE GAMES SHOULD...
  3. Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty: Last week, I sent my Elite Two controller for repair because the buttons started to wear down. However, after getting it back, one of the pads (P2) is unresponsive and requires very hard presses...
  4. Why does my elite 2 controller only work when i plug it in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite 2 controller only work when i plug it in.: I have an Elite 2 controller but the xbox button turns on and off. It'll be on for up to 5 seconds but none of the buttons work and it flashes really fast as if it connected but automatically...
  5. Why does the right bumper fail on so many Elite 2 controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does the right bumper fail on so many Elite 2 controllers?: Since customer support was unable to help me I figure I would try here before deciding whether or not to buy anymore Xbox hardware. I've had 2 Xbox elite 2 controllers stop working. Both had the...
  6. Why does my elite controller series two disconnect when wire isn’t plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my elite controller series two disconnect when wire isn’t plugged in: My elite series two controller keeps on disconnecting when the wire isn’t connected, I’ll be using it then suddenly I can’t move in my game or scroll on YouTube I look down and see the light...
  7. Why can't I put in a service order for my Elite Series 2 controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I put in a service order for my Elite Series 2 controller?: Recently I got an Xbox Elite Series 2 controller that has had constant problems. Every time I press in the right stick, the controller shuts all the way down and takes several seconds to a minute...
  8. Why does my Xbox elite controller series 2 refuses to connect to my windows 11 PC?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my Xbox elite controller series 2 refuses to connect to my windows 11 PC?: The controller connected just fine to my pc for about 6 months and then one day after restarting my pc my controller would say it is connected in settings for about 2 minutes before shutting off...
  9. Why are Xbox Series Elite 2 controllers garbage?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why are Xbox Series Elite 2 controllers garbage?: Don't Microsoft & Xbox got quality controlls?? All the controllers seems to have issues, and waiting 2-3 weeks for a replacement ain't acceptable! We pay money for a controller that should just...
  10. Why did my Elite Series 2 Controller suddenly stop working?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did my Elite Series 2 Controller suddenly stop working?: Today I tried to to turn on my Elite Series 2 Controller and it didn't turn on, it was working perfectly fine yesterday, but now it just won't turn on. I use it with an Xbox Series X and i've used...