why do my clips on xbox series s randomly freeze throughout the video

Discus and support why do my clips on xbox series s randomly freeze throughout the video in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; my clips will randomly freeze when shooting at enemies ***moved from Gaming and Xbox / Other*** 3f69579f-ec2c-47bd-a218-a2488d115c95 Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Marky �, Jan 11, 2024.

1. Marky �
    Marky � Guest

my clips will randomly freeze when shooting at enemies

***moved from Gaming and Xbox / Other***

:)

Marky �, Jan 11, 2024
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Marky,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on the description, you are experiencing lagging issue with game clips on Xbox Series S. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern.

We would like to ask few questions to help us isolate the issue further.

1. Have you check if you have not encountered network connection issue that might affect your recording?

2. Is this affecting to particular game recording or happening to all?

3. Where did you notice the freezing issue? Is it during recording or during playback?

For the meantime, here are the troubleshooting steps that can help resolve the issue:

1. Power cycle your console. See: How to restart or power cycle your Xbox console | Xbox Support

2. Make sure capturing is enabled.

• Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    • Select Profile & system > Settings > Preferences > Capture & share.
    • Under Allow game captures, make sure that either Captures by me or Captures by me or games is selected.

3. Use both of the previous solutions.

• Follow the steps in Solution 2 but set Allow game captures to Don’t capture.
    • Power cycle your console.
    • Follow the steps in Solution 2 and set Allow game captures to either Captures by me or Captures by me or games.
    4. Delete older clips

The issue may be due to a lack of space in your cloud storage. You can upload up to 10 GB of captures to the Xbox network. Once you reach those limits, you’ll need to delete existing captures to upload new ones:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Go to Capture & share, and then select Recent captures > Show all.
    3. Select On the Xbox network in the first dropdown box.
    4. Select the clip you want to delete.
    5. Press the A button, and then select Delete.

For your reference, see: Troubleshoot recording game clips on Xbox | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your problem has been solved. We won't be monitoring this topic going forward, so if you need more help, please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com).

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

4. FernandoCarvalhoPV Win User

My clips will freeze randomly throughout the videos

Hello, my name is Fernando, an independent consultant. Hope you are doing great. I will be more than happy to help you with your query today.

The link below may help you in this case of freezing videos:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us

(Note) The link being shared is in English and may require translation software to read the page content.

Hope I helped, see you soon!
  5. Fsx Timmi x Win User

Intermittent freezing despite port forwarding & open NAT

Hey,

So I reinstalled the game and unfortunately still experiencing the same issues. I've dropped a link below of what I'm experiencing.

I don't understand why an Xbox One is able to run this flawlessly and an new Series S is unable to....

Clip of the intermittent freezing
  6. Misunderstand Win User

Why does Xbox delete my game videos on my local storage without my consent?

Hi I'm very frustrated with this as well! I've recently over the past week been recording hundreds of video clips (Microsoft limits the clips to 4min 1080p on my xbox one s internal 1tb hd and again why?) only to find that all of the clips are gone beyond 1day ago recordings. These clips were recorded to my internal hd and not uploaded to live. I was recording them for myself to be used on my xbox hd and they have been deleted without warning. Why? After some digging I've heard the video has to be viewed to be saved, again why? So my question is how do I know if a game clip is tagged as viewed if I don't see an eye icon on the clip? Do my own views of the clip not count? This is poor software development and I expect better of people operating in 2023. As has been said there should be an option for the auto deletion of game clips if at all. I mean really if someone can't manage their own hd space use maybe they should find another hobby that requires less thought...
Thema:

1. why do my clips on xbox series s randomly freeze throughout the video - Similar Threads - why clips series

2. It's 2024! WHY are you still deleting personal video clips off the series x with no warning?!

in XBoX on Windows
    It's 2024! WHY are you still deleting personal video clips off the series x with no warning?!: Honestly this is just an atrocious nasty practice! We BUY the Xbox, we OWN the Xbox! MICROSOFT DOES NOT OWN THE PURCHASED XBOX! MICROSOFT DOES NOT OWN THE PERSONAL VIDEO CLIPS! IT'S LIKE...
  3. Why dont my clips on xbox upload to onedrive???

in XBoX on Windows
    Why dont my clips on xbox upload to onedrive???: This just became a problem now and i dont know what else to do. I power cycles and restarted my xbos, i have a series X plus i have more then enough space, i updated everything. Like what else is...
  4. Why when I upload clips to Xbox Network they stop working?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why when I upload clips to Xbox Network they stop working?: I had a previous question about this, but I did some more testing and found more info that may help determine the problem. Essentially whenever I take a game clip I can access it through the...
  5. Why cant i hear my voice in my xbox clips?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant i hear my voice in my xbox clips?: When i clip my games, you can hear the other people in the game but cant hear me. When i clip overwatch 2 and i talk, it shows at the side on the clip that im talking but you cant hear me but can...
  6. Why do my clips have lag even though I wasn’t lagging

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why do my clips have lag even though I wasn’t lagging: Recently when I take game clips the clips end up having lag even though I didn’t have lag in the game, the clip also is buffering when I view it, the lag is the clip itslef...
  7. Why can't I find my recent game clips on XBOX app?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I find my recent game clips on XBOX app?: Ok, so I used the console companion app on my laptop to download, edit, and upload on my socials, but now the app doesn't work, and I can't find any way to find them. I've looked all over the...
  8. Why my xbox series s won’t record clips and screenshots?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my xbox series s won’t record clips and screenshots?: my xbox series s wont record clips or screenshots but if i double click it starts recording! i checked storage and i have over 100gb free so whats the issue here? thanks ps. it only seem...
  9. why do my clips on xbox series s randomly freeze throughout the video

in XBoX on Windows
    why do my clips on xbox series s randomly freeze throughout the video: my clips will randomly freeze when shooting at enemies 3f69579f-ec2c-47bd-a218-a2488d115c95
  10. Why wont Roblox record clips on Xbox Series X/S

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why wont Roblox record clips on Xbox Series X/S: I have been trying to fix this issue for a while now and still can not fix it. The issue only happens when you are trying to record what happened or record what is happening in real time....