Why do my batteries always say they have medium charge when I plug them into my controller?

Discus and support Why do my batteries always say they have medium charge when I plug them into my controller? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have rechargeable batteries and when I charge them, it says it’s fully charged. Once I put them in the controller and I go through my settings to see... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AtlantaDrawz, May 12, 2024.

1. AtlantaDrawz
    AtlantaDrawz Guest

Why do my batteries always say they have medium charge when I plug them into my controller?

I have rechargeable batteries and when I charge them, it says it’s fully charged. Once I put them in the controller and I go through my settings to see how much charge I have left, it says Medium charge. I can’t tell if it’s the controller or the batteries and when I am in games they die really quick and now I’m stuck using a cable to be able to even play. Please help. This has never been an issue until after I updated my controllers recently.

:)

AtlantaDrawz, May 12, 2024
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

this just always happens with rechargeables, there isn't any meaningful difference in actual Battery Life and of course you can easily replace them at any time with another pair
  3. A Blue Illusion Win User

Why do Xbox wireless controllers still require batteries?

But the rechargeable battery is my biggest issue with my PS4 controller is that it feels like I'm always charging controller where my Xbox One controller with play and charge kit attached lasts for ages between charges.

In addition to this if my play and charge battery dies I can just buy a new battery and not have to buy a complete new controller.
    ^This. I spent $20 on a set of 4 Li-Ion, 1400mah rechargeable batteries, charger included. I always have a spare set ready to swap when they get low (which they literally last weeks between charges when new) and I've never had to plug my controller into
    anything when gaming.

I just got a new set of 2500mah batteries about 2 weeks ago. The first set lasted almost 3 years (got them with my console). I like batteries and controller separate. If the controller outlives the batteries, why should I have to buy the whole deal just
    to replace them? If the batteries outlive the controller... same question...
  4. taidara Win User

Why do Xbox wireless controllers still require batteries?

But the rechargeable battery is my biggest issue with my PS4 controller is that it feels like I'm always charging controller where my Xbox One controller with play and charge kit attached lasts for ages between charges.

In addition to this if my play and charge battery dies I can just buy a new battery and not have to buy a complete new controller.

^This. I spent $20 on a set of 4 Li-Ion, 1400mah rechargeable batteries, charger included. I always have a spare set ready to swap when they get low (which they literally last weeks between charges when new) and I've never had to plug my controller into
    anything when gaming.

I just got a new set of 2500mah batteries about 2 weeks ago. The first set lasted almost 3 years (got them with my console). I like batteries and controller separate. If the controller outlives the batteries, why should I have to buy the whole deal just
    to replace them? If the batteries outlive the controller... same question...
    There are power methods that can operate thin devices by powering from the surrounding radiowaves (multipath)
  5. xTightKiddx Win User

My Xbox Controller Won't Stay On

Yes, the light on the xbox one controller turns off completely. I have to keep pressing the button to turn it back on then it turns off shortly after again.

Also to add, My main xbox controller says full when I checked the batteries on it, when I removed the same batteries and put them into the new controller it says Medium.
  6. ChristineCowen Win User

problems with wireless controllers

My controllers are doing the same thing. They are both wireless controllers. I tried one with new batteries and the other with a battery pack. When it's plugged in with the battery pack it works and even says that it has a full charge. When I disconnect
    the cord, it won't reconnect to the XBOX. I don't have anything new (wireless or bluetooth or anything) that would be interfering with the signal - to my knowledge.
Thema:

1. Why do my batteries always say they have medium charge when I plug them into my controller? - Similar Threads - Why batteries always

2. Why is my Xbox 360 slim not connecting to my wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox 360 slim not connecting to my wifi?: I use Cox and this is what my settings are (i am using a 2.4 ghz network). WPA WPA2-PSK (TKIP/AES), And the mode is 802.11 g/n. I dont think the card is dead because it is still pulling info just...
  3. Why do i always keep getting banned for saying basic words, but when many other people say...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why do i always keep getting banned for saying basic words, but when many other people say...: Why do i always get banned for saying basic words, but others do not get banned, even if they say inappropriate words? 1ad069d8-f05c-4b5a-86ef-319d8f43b79e
  4. It's 2024! WHY are you still deleting personal video clips off the series x with no warning?!

in XBoX on Windows
    It's 2024! WHY are you still deleting personal video clips off the series x with no warning?!: Honestly this is just an atrocious nasty practice! We BUY the Xbox, we OWN the Xbox! MICROSOFT DOES NOT OWN THE PURCHASED XBOX! MICROSOFT DOES NOT OWN THE PERSONAL VIDEO CLIPS! IT'S LIKE...
  5. Why can't we stream on YouTube straight from Xbox?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't we stream on YouTube straight from Xbox?: Look Xbox does let us stream straight from our consoles to twitch and other services that makes you pay to stream from the console to YouTube which is really unfair. I did try to post a similar...
  6. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  7. Why doesn't the xbox app pick up my eternal HDD

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why doesn't the xbox app pick up my eternal HDD: I just got a xbox series s, I plugged in my 2TB and formatted it like the console told me too, I pick it up on the xbox, I can download onto it, but the xbox app doesn't pick it up. At all. Why?...
  8. Why wont my xbox controller turn on? even with batteries and cables

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my xbox controller turn on? even with batteries and cables: my controller isn't turning on no matter what i do with it... tried new batteries and tried all USB-C cables in the house and the button wont even flash. i've only had the controller for about a...
  9. Why my xbox serie s controller keep flashing when I plug it without battery in the front...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why my xbox serie s controller keep flashing when I plug it without battery in the front...: My xbox serie s controller keep flashing only when I plug it without battery in the front usb port. 33960497-a9b4-4e58-accf-f100bc718934
  10. I put Duracell rechargeable AA batteries in my Xbox controller. Why won't they recharge...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I put Duracell rechargeable AA batteries in my Xbox controller. Why won't they recharge...: It seems to me that if the batteries are rechargeable, they should be able to be recharged while installed in the controller. I don't understand, other than greed, why Xbox would require the use...