Why do I still need parent permission?

Discus and support Why do I still need parent permission? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I just bought the Xbox series s and I tried to download rainbow six siege but I said I need parent permission. I already left my xbox/Microsoft family... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Baz Khoushaba, Nov 26, 2023.

1. Why do I still need parent permission?

I just bought the Xbox series s and I tried to download rainbow six siege but I said I need parent permission. I already left my xbox/Microsoft family and I am a organiser. Please help me remove this.

:)

Baz Khoushaba, Nov 26, 2023
  2. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Hi there! My name is Darhyl and I’d be more than happy to help you with your query.

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Xbox account. No worries, let me help you sort this out.

It's important to note that this is a public user-to-user community forum, and none of us here work for Microsoft.

Based on the error message, it appears the system has detected that your account is a child account. You need an adult account to disable parental permission.

A child account is registered on the birthdate 21 years old and below upon the account's first creation while an adult account is registered on the birthdate 22 years old and older.

Here's what you need to do please create a new Microsoft adult account with a new email address on account.microsoft.com

Once you have the adult account, sign in to account.microsoft.com using your main/child account > go to Family settings > then add your newly created adult account as the "Organizer" Once it's done, sign in to the adult account and remove your child/main account from the Microsoft family then re-add it again as the "Family Member"

Note: Ensure that your adult account is the "Organizer" and your main/child account is the "Family Member" to make this work.

Once you have successfully added your main/child account in your Microsoft family as the "Family Member", you can proceed to manage your child account's parental permission using your adult account. Here's how:

On your adult account sign in to account.microsoft.com > go to family > find your main account's name > click more options then manage or disable the parental restrictions from there.

You may also check this link for reference:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...y-safety-f30d6801-165d-9f86-3fe7-063245c0449b

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  3. Mattallanca Win User

Cannot accept new terms and conditions.

Why do I need my parent's permission to tell you that I am 20 years old when you already *** know that?
  4. AndyYang# Win User

Error code 0x80a40026

This isnt working for me, when i use my parent account, it still says “Sorry, (child account) you’ll need to ask for permission.
  5. MaddixRoberts Win User

accepting new licence agreement

Same problem. Lol I'm 21 years old and I still need a parent's permission. Dude I've had the account for 5 years
  6. onyxishere Win User

can't get the free gold trial

Sorry to hear you're having issues. If you are under 18 then the service considers you a minor and you will need permission from the parental account for your gamertag to do this. Changing the settings to adult on the console does not make it think the
    gamertag is an adult account so permission is still required.
Thema:

1. Why do I still need parent permission? - Similar Threads - Why still need

2. It's 2024! WHY are you still deleting personal video clips off the series x with no warning?!

in XBoX on Windows
    It's 2024! WHY are you still deleting personal video clips off the series x with no warning?!: Honestly this is just an atrocious nasty practice! We BUY the Xbox, we OWN the Xbox! MICROSOFT DOES NOT OWN THE PURCHASED XBOX! MICROSOFT DOES NOT OWN THE PERSONAL VIDEO CLIPS! IT'S LIKE...
  3. why xbox still not letting us record vc like any other platform

in XboX Insiders
    why xbox still not letting us record vc like any other platform: i still think this is dumb. everytime im trying a new game with my friends and recording something for memories its quite… like seriously why….. submitted by /u/Friendly-Shine-2101 [link]...
  4. Why do I still have followers?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why do I still have followers?: I was trying to remove all of the followers on my profile on May 1st, and for some reason, 6 followers were still showing on my profile. I contacted support and they said it would take 24-72 hours...
  5. Why is city skylines 2 still not available on Xbox even though it is spring 2024.

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is city skylines 2 still not available on Xbox even though it is spring 2024.: I’m confused about the fact that we’re half way through April and we still have not heard any news about city skylines 2 coming to Xbox series x/s. We were told early spring 2024, but nothing has...
  6. Why is the Xbox app still crashing?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is the Xbox app still crashing?: The response thread provided to my previous question did not alleviate my problem. I've repaired, reset, windows store app troubleshot, uninstalled, insured my firewall was allowing it through,...
  7. WHY IS THIS STILL A THING 2 YEARS LATER?!?!?!

in XBoX on Consoles
    WHY IS THIS STILL A THING 2 YEARS LATER?!?!?!: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/please-fix-the-xbox-series-2-elite-controller/6d6ede9e-9057-4e58-adde-09210e6ab9f0 This is completely RIDICULOUS. This is the same issue that I...
  8. Why is my refund request still on approved?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is my refund request still on approved?: I requested a refund for a game and it was approved, however I still own the game and my money was not returned. 55a81890-f857-4742-91b8-92f5fef4a478
  9. Why my game still shows voice chat restrictions but I haven't said anything bad

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why my game still shows voice chat restrictions but I haven't said anything bad: I don't really understand why it's still doing it. 9c098a46-b81d-4583-8c63-99ceac2718cc
  10. Why does it say I still need to buy game pass for Dead by Daylight after I already bought...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does it say I still need to buy game pass for Dead by Daylight after I already bought...: I bought Dead by Daylight for 32$ and it says that I will need to pay an extra 16.99$ for a month of game pass just to play it for one month 1cb41d18-7df9-4bb7-9003-824a081915f0