Why do i need to pay money to play games i own?

Discus and support Why do i need to pay money to play games i own? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So i reinstalled minecraft (the launcher) but microsft will not allow me to play it unless i subscribe but i already own the game so why the hell do i... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Joseph Baruch, Jul 19, 2023.

1. Why do i need to pay money to play games i own?

So i reinstalled minecraft (the launcher) but microsft will not allow me to play it unless i subscribe but i already own the game so why the hell do i need to pay in order to play a game i have owned for years? it makes 0 sense i refuse to subscribe to play a game on my own why exactly is this a thing? and when did this get implemented? and who the **** thought it was a good idea to implement this?

:)

Joseph Baruch, Jul 19, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

If you own the game subscribing to any subscription on PC is not required. This may mean that the system is not detecting your license.

Can you please let me know the exact prompt that you're getting? If you can send a photo that would be great as well, just make sure to hide any personal information that may be visible.
  3. Francia J. Win User

If this is a code that you redeemed it should be visible on the order history still but to confirm, was this redeemed through Mojang's end?
  4. Francia J. Win User

It can be a free trial, Joseph, and we need to locate the order transaction for the game, Joseph. Please check all Microsoft accounts that you own.
  5. Joseph Baruch Win User

its not a free trial? microsoft gave out free windows keys for minecraft years ago and thats how i got a free version of the windows version of minecraft which would mean there is no purchase option specially since it happened before you guys stupified the microsoft store beyond belief if its a free trial then wow a few years worth of a free trial thats a first
  6. Joseph Baruch Win User

minecraft doesnt appear on the MS store however if i use someone elses account to log into minecraft then i log into the launcher that way it shows that i do in fact own minecraft via windows : https://imgur.com/wYILu23
Thema:

1. Why do i need to pay money to play games i own? - Similar Threads - Why need pay

2. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  3. Why is my Xbox Series X game called HAUNTED HOUSE saying to play Haunted House you'll need...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox Series X game called HAUNTED HOUSE saying to play Haunted House you'll need...: Why is my Xbox Series X game called HAUNTED HOUSE saying to play Haunted House you'll need to transfer it to a storage expansion card or the consoles internal storage ....
  4. Why is GTA V now saying I need a disc to play?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is GTA V now saying I need a disc to play?: I bought GTA V with the game pass and it was the electronic version where it downloaded onto my Xbox 1 without needing the hard copy disc and it worked perfectly fine but now it’s giving me an...
  5. why the **** do i need to delete my god damn microsoft account just to get rid of a xbox...

in XBoX Accessibility
    why the **** do i need to delete my god damn microsoft account just to get rid of a xbox...: the ''masterminds'' at microsoft decided to make the ''delete xbox account'' feature into a ''delete microsoft account and everything else that it is connected to'' feature and i want it gone as...
  6. Why is my game saying "sign in needed" even though I am already signed into the xbox app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my game saying "sign in needed" even though I am already signed into the xbox app?: I am already signed into the xbox app and when i launch forza horizon 4 on my pc, it says "sign in needed". I have already tried redownloading the game and the xbox app as well as signing in and...
  7. Why do I need online to install many xbox one games like:

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I need online to install many xbox one games like:: Why do I need to install games via online like- Mass Effect Legendary Edition Planet Coaster Walking Dead Destinies Jurassic world Evolution 2 c6839a48-e4f5-42bf-8ab0-ad59478ae1af
  8. Why can’t I play a game I own, it says I need to renew game pass but I have the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I play a game I own, it says I need to renew game pass but I have the game: I played r6 through game pass, I decided to buy the game then I went to go on it after playing and it said I need to get game pass, I have tried uninstalling r6 rendering my Xbox and nothing is...
  9. When I unplug my xbox to move it to a different room why does it need to update. It isn't...

in XBoX on Consoles
    When I unplug my xbox to move it to a different room why does it need to update. It isn't...: When I unplug my xbox to move it to a different room why does it need to update. It isn't even a couple of minutes a6043f89-fec2-47c0-83d5-0d3bde358e8f
  10. Why me minecraft says that i need to pay? it was free

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why me minecraft says that i need to pay? it was free: So i found me old pc and it needed alot of updates and i found me minecraft i updated it and downloaded the launcher beacuse it needed it said and i dowloaded it and said PAY money but... it was...