Why do I need to buy gamepass after buying the disc for minecraft

Discus and support Why do I need to buy gamepass after buying the disc for minecraft in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I recently was trying to add skins to my minecraft by buying the old version of minecraft with the deluxe edition disc of minecraft I already have. It... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by GoldGalaxy25, Aug 30, 2023.

1. GoldGalaxy25
    GoldGalaxy25 Guest

I recently was trying to add skins to my minecraft by buying the old version of minecraft with the deluxe edition disc of minecraft I already have. It didn’t work so I just uninstalled it but now everytime I put in the deluxe edition minecraft it doesn’t let me play online and gives me a introduction to the game everytime and shows how I prefer my screen size and my brightness. Please help me I’m so confused and angry

:)

GoldGalaxy25, Aug 30, 2023
  2. Lavenia A. Win User

Hi GoldGalaxy25,

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Community. We're sorry for the trouble this has caused you.

I am aware that you’re having trouble with your Minecraft game. Allow me to ask a question to further isolate the issue.

• Did you try to insert the disc and check to see whether the game can be updated and whether the skin appears? Check the Minecraft website to see if the skin is available if it is still not showing.

I'd love to help you with this, but I might need you to do this first so that I can narrow down the problem even more.

Kind regards,

Lavenia
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

If you wish to access online features you must have game pass core/live gold at the minimum
  4. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

Minecraft vs. Game pass?

You'll need to either buy it or re-up Gamepass because its basically like a game rental/streaming service. You pay for the subscription and you get to download and play ALL the games until it expires, when it does you'll need to re-up it or buy the game
    you wanted. Since the newest version of Minecraft is on Gamepass you'll probably need to buy it if you don't want Gamepass again.

The version just called "Minecraft" is probably the one you want, do not buy the version called "Minecraft Xbox One Edition" unless that was the version you were playing. The one with "Xbox One Edition" in the title is the
    older version, the one just called Minecraft is the Windows 10/Bedrock version that is updated frequently.
  5. ngocphi Win User

Do I need a game pass to play Forza Horizon 4 multiplayer on PC ?

Ummm that only applies to xbox games he is talking about PC

NO you don't need gold or gamepass HOWEVER if you want to play it but not buy then gamepass is needed

And you can buy it at a discount with gamepass to keep it otherwise you can't play it after gamepass expires

Now if you buy it separately no gamepass isn't needed
  6. Sassytabby Win User

Gta removed for gamepass?

Oh I see the response. Bummer smh I really hope they put back on gamepass I dont want to buy a second disc smh Xbox need make it so once you buy the game disc and download it you dont need have disc in system to play. We have 3 systems I shouldn't have
    to buy 3 of the same game.
Thema:

1. Why do I need to buy gamepass after buying the disc for minecraft - Similar Threads - Why need buy

2. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  3. Why is my Xbox Series X game called HAUNTED HOUSE saying to play Haunted House you'll need...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox Series X game called HAUNTED HOUSE saying to play Haunted House you'll need...: Why is my Xbox Series X game called HAUNTED HOUSE saying to play Haunted House you'll need to transfer it to a storage expansion card or the consoles internal storage ....
  4. Why is GTA V now saying I need a disc to play?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is GTA V now saying I need a disc to play?: I bought GTA V with the game pass and it was the electronic version where it downloaded onto my Xbox 1 without needing the hard copy disc and it worked perfectly fine but now it’s giving me an...
  5. why the **** do i need to delete my god damn microsoft account just to get rid of a xbox...

in XBoX Accessibility
    why the **** do i need to delete my god damn microsoft account just to get rid of a xbox...: the ''masterminds'' at microsoft decided to make the ''delete xbox account'' feature into a ''delete microsoft account and everything else that it is connected to'' feature and i want it gone as...
  6. Why is my game saying "sign in needed" even though I am already signed into the xbox app?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my game saying "sign in needed" even though I am already signed into the xbox app?: I am already signed into the xbox app and when i launch forza horizon 4 on my pc, it says "sign in needed". I have already tried redownloading the game and the xbox app as well as signing in and...
  7. Why do I need to Buy Minecraft: Java Edition again?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I need to Buy Minecraft: Java Edition again?: [img] I just tried to log on to Minecraft and play some Java Edition while I am taking a break from work. The most peculiar thing pops up, "Buy Minecraft;" where the play button usually goes. I...
  8. Why does it say I still need to buy game pass for Dead by Daylight after I already bought...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does it say I still need to buy game pass for Dead by Daylight after I already bought...: I bought Dead by Daylight for 32$ and it says that I will need to pay an extra 16.99$ for a month of game pass just to play it for one month 1cb41d18-7df9-4bb7-9003-824a081915f0
  9. Why do you need to buy game pass on Cloud Gaming to play games you own already?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do you need to buy game pass on Cloud Gaming to play games you own already?: It just doesn’t make sense that you have to pay extra money to play games you already own. Can someone explain the thought behind why this was believed to be okay?...
  10. Why do I need to buy game again?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I need to buy game again?: I opened minecraft on PS4 and it replaced editions button to unlock full game but I already have Minecraft ***Moved from Gaming and Xbox/Games and gaming/Other***...