Why do I have to reset my Xbox everytime I use it??

Discus and support Why do I have to reset my Xbox everytime I use it?? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Starting about 3 months ago, every time I turn on my series X, there is audio (I can hear the controller navigating the home screen), but there is no... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Lethalizer Of Gilead, Feb 11, 2024.

1. Why do I have to reset my Xbox everytime I use it??

Starting about 3 months ago, every time I turn on my series X, there is audio (I can hear the controller navigating the home screen), but there is no video until I perform a reset of the Xbox, at which point it re-boots and starts it starts up fine with crystal clear video too.

When I turn on the Xbox the next day....audio but no video....reboot the xbox.....and it starts up fine with audio and crystal clear video. It does this every time I use it now, when it didn't for the first year I owned it.

I don't mind doing it, but my kids and wife don't really understand how to do this workaround and plainly said, they shouldn't have to.

I own a 2nd Series X that had never had this problem and I have no idea what could be causing this.

:)

Lethalizer Of Gilead, Feb 11, 2024
  2. The_Last_DJ Win User

Hello Lethalizer O! I'm Kris and I'd be happy to help you with your question.

Sorry to hear you are having an issue with your Series X. When you are resetting it, I presume you are turning it off and then turning it on again?

Does this do the same thing on other TV's? I expect it does but thought I would check.

To rule out software, have you reset the console keeping apps and games by going to Settings > System > Console Info > Reset Console.
    Choose the option Reset and keep my games & apps.
  3. NewBlacksmurf Win User

Why Do I Have To Reset My Console?

Don't confuse the # of servers with the developers decisions to use these servers.

Updates will always come during non-peak time intervals. Downloading a game is mostly "your" connection speed and "your ISP+ router/modem "

Playing online is great but subject to how a developer sets up. All but two games run on a non-Xbox server (cloud based gaming) so considering most developers do not have hundreds of servers placed worldwide....you might experience bad or terrible Internet
    experiences.

Not excusing the Xbox live issues lately but most of what's being talked about about is on the developers and the customers...not Xbox.

specific to resetting your Xbox One for updates...either a setting is wrong (like an external HD is off or in a mode that prevents updates) or a faulty system.

Some games don't auto update based on how the game or patch is implemented....lots of variables apply.
  4. NewBlacksmurf Win User

When did the update go pubkic in your region?
  5. DeltaSnipezor Win User

still having this, official response would be great.
  6. NewBlacksmurf Win User

So you're saying when you launch the game there is not a prompt?

Then how did you know the update was available?
Thema:

1. Why do I have to reset my Xbox everytime I use it?? - Similar Threads - Why reset everytime

2. Why do I have to factory reset my series x every time to get it to connect to wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do I have to factory reset my series x every time to get it to connect to wifi?: I purchased a new Xbox series X for my son‘s birthday on April 6. For a couple of weeks everything was fine, but for the last 5 to 6 weeks in order to connect to our Wi-Fi, I have to factory reset...
  3. why does my xbox keep resetting itself

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox keep resetting itself: i just bought an xbox series x like 2 weeks ago from walmart and when i turn it on everything seems fine. i downloaded a few games but when i start them for example: on Call Of Duty MW3 it starts...
  4. Why when ever i try to use my xbox series s it’s a black screen so i try to reset the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why when ever i try to use my xbox series s it’s a black screen so i try to reset the...: Reseting resolution doesnt do anything on my xbox series s de8ff0eb-fe74-4afb-a346-2d6479e00dc2
  5. Hall of Champions Reset, Why doesn’t it reset?

in XboX Insiders
    Hall of Champions Reset, Why doesn’t it reset?: Am I missing something or are others experiencing this I’m being told to reset my rank as I’m past 17 but it’s not coming up to let me reset Thanks submitted by /u/SoftwareJolly4159 [link]...
  6. Why is my xbox series s slow after factory reset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox series s slow after factory reset?: I recently did a factory reset on my xbox series s and after it was working perfectly fine but today when I turned on my xbox, the menu was slow. The game I loaded was fine and everything but when...
  7. Why won't my xbox reset or show on my TV screen?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox reset or show on my TV screen?: So my xbox does not want to reset what so ever even trying to factory reset it nor does it want to show the loading screen on my TV and I've already switched out the hdmi cord 3 times how do I fix...
  8. Why did my Xbox Series S factory reset after I accidentally unplugged it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did my Xbox Series S factory reset after I accidentally unplugged it: I was in the middle of a Fortnite game and my foot hit the cord and unplugged the Xbox. When I started it back up, it was on the same screen that popped up when i turned on the Xbox after first...
  9. Why did my Xbox Series S reset overnight with no notification?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did my Xbox Series S reset overnight with no notification?: Last night, I moved my Xbox from my downstairs office back to my bedroom. However, I did not unplug it while it was on, nor did I choose to factory reset my console. When I turned on my Xbox this...
  10. why is my xbox factory resetting on its own?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is my xbox factory resetting on its own?: i move around frequently and i bring my series S with me. i first got the console around a year ago and within first week of having it i plugged it in and powered it on just for it to be the...