why do i have to pay for my xbox 1 to be repaired when your update is what crashed it.

Discus and support why do i have to pay for my xbox 1 to be repaired when your update is what crashed it. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; on 9/10/23 at 6 pm i turn my xbox on and it goes immediately to the updating screen. it shows the update is at step 2 verifying at 100% the it goes to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Anthony Jacot, Sep 11, 2023.

1. why do i have to pay for my xbox 1 to be repaired when your update is what crashed it.

on 9/10/23 at 6 pm i turn my xbox on and it goes immediately to the updating screen. it shows the update is at step 2 verifying at 100% the it goes to the something went wrong screen with code e100. i followed the trouble shooting directions of the microsoft support website and it does the same thing with the usb update. then the assistant tells me to do a sb factory reset and it gives me a e101. then assistant tells me i have to send it in for repairs. and of course my xbox is way out of warranty so i have to pay for it to be repaired or replaced because of yalls update crashing my system. oh while im at it the xbox s is trash compared to the xbox 1. the only thing it does better is is the performance of xbox one games.

:)

Anthony Jacot, Sep 11, 2023
  2. Glenn Rue Win User

why do i have to pay for my xbox 1 to be repaired when your update is what crashed it.

Hello, Anthony.

Thanks for reaching out to our Microsoft Community Forum. Please accept our warmest regards and sincerest hope that all is well.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your Xbox One after an update. Microsoft provides updates to improve the performance and functionality of the Xbox One, but sometimes issues can occur during the update process.

Unfortunately, if your Xbox One is out of warranty, you will need to pay for any repairs or replacements. Refer to the link below.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/warranty-service/getting-your-product-serviced

However, I did want to ask, when you mentioned "assistant" above, where you referring to an actual Xbox representative? If you have not gotten in touch with an Xbox representative, please use the link below to contact one what additional options can be provided.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us

Feel free to reply to this thread if you need further clarification.

Sincerely,

Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Glenn Rue Win User

Hello!

We haven't heard from you in the last 72 hours, so we will be considering your issue resolved. Moving forward, we will not be monitoring this thread so if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking the link below. Or click on the Ask a question option as shown in the photo.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/newthread?threadtype=Questions&cancelurl=%2Fen-us%2F

[​IMG]

Thank you for understanding.

Respectfully,

Glenn
  4. kusco30 Win User

e74 error warranty

I agree with you. I bought an xbox console last december as refurbished (not even one year working product). I understand that as refurbished item it doesn't have warranty, but hey! It's a system fault, I didn't break it so why I have to pay £75 for repair.
    I can pay postage costs but not for repair. So lets say I pay £75 for repair, get it back and after 10 month the same problem and the same costs? No thank you. If you buy windows for your computer and system has crashed do you buy new windows? NO! you can
    get it fixed for free. Why when it comes to console you have to pay to fix the system?
  5. Enrique A.G Win User

XBOX 360 WON'T UPDATE DUE TO ERROR CODE 43C5-4451-1380-267F-C000-0185

my old xbox 360 does not have internal storage, what i should do then? i dont see a reason why i should send my xbox 360 for repairs and even pay after an update if less than a day before worked perfectly fine
  6. callum hargreaves Win User

When I turn on my Xbox series x my controller won’t sync and the Xbox doesn’t seem like it’s booting up

Why do I have to pay for a repair when my Xbox is faulty and it’s not down to me and why can’t I speak to someone a person about this and not just messages in different chats
Thema:

1. why do i have to pay for my xbox 1 to be repaired when your update is what crashed it. - Similar Threads - why pay repaired

2. Why can't I go online after paying twice for 1 month

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I go online after paying twice for 1 month: I've paid twice for this month my subscription didn't expire, and I still can't connect online. It tells me contact support, I have been doing this for seven days...
  3. Why can I not pay for Xbox Dev Mode?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can I not pay for Xbox Dev Mode?: I have tried to pay for an Xbox Dev Mode account yesterday and it wouldn’t work. It said that the payment for £14.40 had been declined. I knew that I had enough in my account to play for it and I...
  4. Why is minecraft making me pay for items I already owned after signing into my account?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is minecraft making me pay for items I already owned after signing into my account?: I changed the password to my Microsoft account, and signed into minecraft. After signing in I wanted to recreate my character. But I lost all my accessories and need to pay for it again. But if I...
  5. Why have I been charged 12.99 for 14 day trial when i pay for game pass every month

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why have I been charged 12.99 for 14 day trial when i pay for game pass every month: Why have I been charged for microsoft 14 day trial when I pay for the game pass every month. 12.99 has came out of my account not happy d1b64e8e-02c3-41d0-9821-bc5430d50b64
  6. why as a paying customer can i not post on a games forums because of home share?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why as a paying customer can i not post on a games forums because of home share?: I home share with my nephew and together we bought Diablo 4 on his account so the blizzard forums wont let me post because I don't "own" the game. Since Microsoft just bought ABK I'm not surprised...
  7. Why wont my game go online have just brought new xbox series x I already pay monthly for online

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why wont my game go online have just brought new xbox series x I already pay monthly for online: Why wont my xbox go online wants me to buy subscription I already pay for it I have just set up new xbox series x ***moved from Gaming and Xbox / Accessibility / Other***...
  8. Why does xbox require a gold subscription to pay for a game I already paid for? But the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does xbox require a gold subscription to pay for a game I already paid for? But the...: I wanted to play rainbow six siege but it said I need to pay for gold. I don’t think this makes sense to make people pay more money to play online games that they are already paying for but the...
  9. Why is it making me pay for the java version of minecraft if I have bedrock?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is it making me pay for the java version of minecraft if I have bedrock?: I have had bedrock for years and I can still play it. It just won't let me get java. It makes me pay for it. It says it should be included with my version. 72b1bd83-5e7c-4b72-ae89-427805de7059
  10. Why have I got to pay for repair when xbox clearly didn't repair my series x

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why have I got to pay for repair when xbox clearly didn't repair my series x: Why are xbox customer support so unhelpful that they let your warranty run out and then expect you to pay for repair when the ticket was already raised.Warranty should have been extended at that...