Why do I have to factory reset my series x every time to get it to connect to wifi?

Discus and support Why do I have to factory reset my series x every time to get it to connect to wifi? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I purchased a new Xbox series X for my son‘s birthday on April 6. For a couple of weeks everything was fine, but for the last 5 to 6 weeks in order to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by EricPatten, Jun 2, 2024.

1. EricPatten
    EricPatten Guest

Why do I have to factory reset my series x every time to get it to connect to wifi?

I purchased a new Xbox series X for my son‘s birthday on April 6. For a couple of weeks everything was fine, but for the last 5 to 6 weeks in order to connect to our Wi-Fi, I have to factory reset the Xbox and set it up as a new console from my phone. This works to get the system online. Everything works until he shuts off the Xbox and then we have to go through the same process in order for it to connect again.

For context, we have another series x in the house and it works on wifi without this issue (it was purchased in December 2020). Also, we have sent this new Xbox back to the service center and they ran it through “tests” and returned it. I have called my ISP, spoken to the place I purchased it, and obviously talked to Microsoft and set up a repair order. NOTHING has worked.

This is a frustrating experience and I am out of ideas

:)

EricPatten, Jun 2, 2024
  2. Jdmsx Win User

Xbox Series X Major Lag Issues

Hi there. I have tried almost every possible method of restarting, resetting and everything inbetween. Ports are forwarded, etc.

The thing is, I have my Xbox One and Series X set up beside each other. Due to the Series X’s problems, I can switch off my Series X, and switch on my Xbox One, and have no connection issues.

Both playing on the same wifi, both wireless connection, with all the same settings (except the Series X is running on 120fps).

Something is not right with the Series X and I believe it’s more than just needing to reset my MAC address...
  3. Mrcreep91 Win User

my friend list won’t show on my xbox,

both the xbox’s were connected to the same internet, the one that worked was a series s the one didn’t was series x. yes, my console is up to date. i get kicked out of my games every 30 minutes..yes i am referring to factory resets.
  4. Drake✔️ Win User

: Xbox Series X Mobile Hotspot Connectivity Issues

Im also having the same problem, my xbox doesn't connect to wifi and every other device in my house could. I even restarted my wifi 4 times and every device would work except my new xbox series x, I never had the problem with my series S. A solution I found
    was to reset the xbox and set it back up through my phone but its only temporary, eventually it will say you can't connect to xbox live. Ive only see a few other people with this problem.
  5. Goggs25 Win User

keep getting this error code 0x800705aa

Factory does not work and has never worked. Xbox tells us to do that becasuse the lazy scumbga refuse to fix there crappy series x.

I have owned a series x since day 1 and have done a factory reset over 70 times and still get multiple issues the lazy scumbags refuse to fix.
  6. AcieTheOverlord Win User

Xbox App Won't Connect To Xbox One

Mike,

Sorry to hear you have the same issues as me. I never did get to the bottom of why. After trying and pulling my hair out serveral times (still have the bold patches) I did a factory reset on it, which reinstall the factory image of Windows 10. I then went
    into my wifi settings and turned on metered connection, to disable windows updates. My Pad was worked perfectly ever since and connects each and every time. I know it perhaps not a ideal solution, but I don't use the pad or anything other than connecting to
    my XBox.

Hope you manage to sort it.

All the best

Martin
Thema:

1. Why do I have to factory reset my series x every time to get it to connect to wifi? - Similar Threads - Why factory reset

2. Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...: For some reason when ever i try to download my call of duty black ops games they don’t wanna download on my external storage they download to my xbox but not my external storage all my other games...
  3. Why doesn't xbox open up third-party memory cards, official ones are too expensive

in XboX Insiders
    Why doesn't xbox open up third-party memory cards, official ones are too expensive: 为什么xbox不开放第三方存储卡,官方存储卡太贵了。PS可以使用任何SSD,深受游戏玩家的好评。 submitted by /u/Sure_Government_4353 [link] [comments]
  4. Why is my xbox series s slow after factory reset?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my xbox series s slow after factory reset?: I recently did a factory reset on my xbox series s and after it was working perfectly fine but today when I turned on my xbox, the menu was slow. The game I loaded was fine and everything but when...
  5. Why did my Xbox Series S factory reset after I accidentally unplugged it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did my Xbox Series S factory reset after I accidentally unplugged it: I was in the middle of a Fortnite game and my foot hit the cord and unplugged the Xbox. When I started it back up, it was on the same screen that popped up when i turned on the Xbox after first...
  6. why is my xbox factory resetting on its own?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is my xbox factory resetting on its own?: i move around frequently and i bring my series S with me. i first got the console around a year ago and within first week of having it i plugged it in and powered it on just for it to be the...
  7. Why won’t my Xbox Series X detect WiFi wirelessly? Factory reset didn’t help nor did any...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox Series X detect WiFi wirelessly? Factory reset didn’t help nor did any...: Xbox series X struggles to connect with a wired network. It often disconnects with a wired network and it WILL NOT detect ANY wireless networks. Even took it to my brother’s house and it still had...
  8. Why did my Xbox series X factory reset itself after I got back from a trip?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did my Xbox series X factory reset itself after I got back from a trip?: I wanted to take my Xbox down to Idaho with me to play games while I was down there. May I let you know it worked fine with no problems down up in Idaho, I got back this afternoon and when I...
  9. Why does it happen when I factory resetted my Xbox one and it slis stuck at 50%

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does it happen when I factory resetted my Xbox one and it slis stuck at 50%: So I factory restarted my Xbox one and it stays at 50% and is says for a few hours 2d9eb9c8-e29a-4b3b-a72b-2fe4752baa7f
  10. Why is the factory reset loading so long?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is the factory reset loading so long?: I did a factory reset and now it's been on a loading screen for a while now. If I'm not mistaken after loading it should allow me to put my email in all that but like I said it's been loading for...