Why do I have to factor reset my Xbox for it to work?

Discus and support Why do I have to factor reset my Xbox for it to work? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My Xbox one has been having a lot of issues with games the past year/year and a half. No matter what we do to it like restarted and unplugging, hard... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Emma Packett, Nov 12, 2022.

1. Emma Packett
    Emma Packett Guest

My Xbox one has been having a lot of issues with games the past year/year and a half. No matter what we do to it like restarted and unplugging, hard restart, or anything like clearing cache. The only way for any of my games or anything on it to work again is for me to factory reset but save my games. Anyone know why is that?

:)

Emma Packett, Nov 12, 2022
  2. Dérek Augusto Win User

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

Emma, Since the error has been occurring for 1 year and a half, this is a hardware error, friend.

probably the HD, but there is no way to confirm this via remote.

In that case, your console needs repair, friend.

I remain at your disposal if you have any further questions.
  3. OpenSkydiver142 Win User

Xbox One IR Blaster commands

My xbox one IR blaster stopped working; I have tried a hard reset and I have tested my IR extenders with other products. Do you think the xbox console is defective. (it was working before). I really don't want to do a factor reset and not sure if that
    would help. Any suggestions?
  4. OpenSkydiver142 Win User

Wont turn TV on or off

My xbox one IR blaster stopped working; I have tried a hard reset and I have tested my IR extenders with other products. Do you think the xbox console is defective. (it was working before). I really don't want to do a factor reset and not sure if that
    would help. Any suggestions?
  5. Krupz8282 Win User

game won’t start

i already tried to factor reset but that didn’t work and yes its happening to all my disc.i have a xbox one s.the error says to play this you’ll need to buy it
  6. NewBlacksmurf Win User

Why Do I Have To Reset My Console?

Don't confuse the # of servers with the developers decisions to use these servers.

Updates will always come during non-peak time intervals. Downloading a game is mostly "your" connection speed and "your ISP+ router/modem "

Playing online is great but subject to how a developer sets up. All but two games run on a non-Xbox server (cloud based gaming) so considering most developers do not have hundreds of servers placed worldwide....you might experience bad or terrible Internet
    experiences.

Not excusing the Xbox live issues lately but most of what's being talked about about is on the developers and the customers...not Xbox.

specific to resetting your Xbox One for updates...either a setting is wrong (like an external HD is off or in a mode that prevents updates) or a faulty system.

Some games don't auto update based on how the game or patch is implemented....lots of variables apply.
Thema:

1. Why do I have to factor reset my Xbox for it to work? - Similar Threads - Why factor reset

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why do i keep getting item you’re trying to use appears to be corrupt. Try uninstalling and...: For some reason when ever i try to download my call of duty black ops games they don’t wanna download on my external storage they download to my xbox but not my external storage all my other games...
  4. Why doesn't xbox open up third-party memory cards, official ones are too expensive

in XboX Insiders
    Why doesn't xbox open up third-party memory cards, official ones are too expensive: 为什么xbox不开放第三方存储卡,官方存储卡太贵了。PS可以使用任何SSD,深受游戏玩家的好评。 submitted by /u/Sure_Government_4353 [link] [comments]
  5. Why is Xbox banning people for doing literally nothing wrong?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why is Xbox banning people for doing literally nothing wrong?: I just want to know when Microsoft is going to stop with the gross abuse of power when it comes to wrongfully banning people. I got a 15 day ban for asking someone to swap character in a game....
  6. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  7. Why am I not getting the rewards I Redeemed from Game pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Why am I not getting the rewards I Redeemed from Game pass: I Redeemed 3 different coin packs with my game pass points and never received them. I didn't get an email with a code or a text I was not given anything to redeem them but used my game pass...
  8. Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...: When I stream on Discord from my Xbox, the audio of the GTA 4 game is not heard in the stream.and I stream another old game like gear of war 1 and 2 and the one I have problems with in gta 4...
  9. Why can’t I get my V-bucks gift card to redeem?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I get my V-bucks gift card to redeem?: Hey! My brother recently gave me a gift card for 2800 vbucks and i wanted to redeem it. So i went to Fortnite.com and went to redeem my code. It let me put in the code, but after i did that it...
  10. Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?: We got a new Xbox Series S back in February and the controller that came with it was working very well.. Until recently. For some reason, the controller now won't turn on instantly and no matter...