Why do i have to buy minecraft on xbox if i already bought it with microsoft? (same email...

Discus and support Why do i have to buy minecraft on xbox if i already bought it with microsoft? (same email... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I have bought minecraft on my pc over a year ago with my microsoft account. I need my microsoft account to log in my minecraft account, so that... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by FoxLov3r, Oct 29, 2023.

1. FoxLov3r
    FoxLov3r Guest

Why do i have to buy minecraft on xbox if i already bought it with microsoft? (same email...

Hello,
    I have bought minecraft on my pc over a year ago with my microsoft account. I need my microsoft account to log in my minecraft account, so that confirms it.

It came to my attention that today when i wanted to play minecraft on xbox, I had to buy it again. I have the same microsoft account for what i use on pc, and xbox.

I personally think that this is really stupid, since i have to pay about 50$ in to total for both devices then.. Is there a way to fix this, or is this just some weird cashgrab?

:)

FoxLov3r, Oct 29, 2023
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

Why do i have to buy minecraft on xbox if i already bought it with microsoft? (same email for pc and xbox)

It's just the way it is. You have to purchase Minecraft again on another device if you own it on PC. It's avalable for multiple devices including Xbox, Playstation, Android and Apple. You have to pay for each one, if you want to play on each of those devices.
  3. KindGryphon Win User

How to switch my current Minecraft account to my brother's email, but maintain my Microsoft account?

Hello!

A few years ago, my brother and I bought Minecraft together using my email, and he has since earned a lot of achievements in the game. We are now hoping to each get our own accounts, but since he has a significantly higher number of hours and achievements in the game, we'd both prefer if he kept this Minecraft account. However, I'm finding that it looks like in order to do this, I'd have to switch my email within Microsoft to his email. But he already has a Microsoft account, and I don't want to lose mine. I need to basically find a way to migrate our Minecraft account to his existing Microsoft account so that I can buy a new Minecraft account to connect to my Microsoft account. Is there a way to do this? If so, how?
    Unfortunately there isnt a way to do this. The minecraft account is the Microsoft account and vice versa.
  4. TogaedGrub2325 Win User

Redeem code is already used (Minecraft WIndows 10)

I am not an expert, and I have the same problem. I first bought the "Minecraft: Java Edition", I wanted to use the redeem code to get "Minecraft for Windows 10", so I clicked "Redeem", I got the code, but when I entered it, it said "The code has already
    been redeemed.", I checked my order history, it said that I had bought "Minecraft for Windows 10" using the code, but when I clicked install, it keeps showing me a small window with my code. I then checked whether if the account/email on Mojang, Minecraft.net,
    and Microsoft Store, it was the same. So I don't get why I can't install "Minecraft for Window 10".
  5. Francia J. Win User

Why do I have buy the skin pack again that I already bought?

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

For in-game items, you will be needing to reach out to Mojang since they have visibility to your in-game account. Here you go: https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/requests/new
  6. ChristophBlaue Win User

Cannot switch to my old gametag

Well, maybe I dont tell exactly my problem. I try it with other words:

I bought the game with my regular email adress. That ist the email adress I also use to login in my microsoft account and I still use this email adress.

Somehow (and I dont know why it is so) I have now another gamertag but i still use the same email adress.

Because of this, I cannot login in another way in my microsoft account.

The game I bought (Minecraft) seems to be linked to my old gamertag.

I hope that someone from microsoft can look in my account details and fix this problem, because it is not very cool to buy a game and than have no access to this game :(

Greetings,

Christoph
Thema:

1. Why do i have to buy minecraft on xbox if i already bought it with microsoft? (same email... - Similar Threads - Why buy minecraft

2. Why can't I install minecraft deluxe edition on my windows 11 pc after buying?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I install minecraft deluxe edition on my windows 11 pc after buying?: So yesterday I bought Minecraft deluxe edition JAVA and Bedrock. As I proceeded to installation, it displays an error that it couldn't find connection towards the Microsoft Store. After signing in...
  3. Why I can't buy a minecraft?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why I can't buy a minecraft?: I just tried to buy a minecraft 67bee369-7aff-410e-990b-128c8a9b3ae4
  4. Why do I need to Buy Minecraft: Java Edition again?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I need to Buy Minecraft: Java Edition again?: [img] I just tried to log on to Minecraft and play some Java Edition while I am taking a break from work. The most peculiar thing pops up, "Buy Minecraft;" where the play button usually goes. I...
  5. Why cant i buy minecraft?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant i buy minecraft?: ive tried everything it just wont let me, im not sure what im doing wrong im putting in my details correct and i have the right payment method etc. c8bcc3e4-0165-4298-b215-84977c3afc29
  6. Why do I need to buy gamepass after buying the disc for minecraft

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I need to buy gamepass after buying the disc for minecraft: I recently was trying to add skins to my minecraft by buying the old version of minecraft with the deluxe edition disc of minecraft I already have. It didn’t work so I just uninstalled it but now...
  7. Why is my Minecraft java edition not working when I press buy it says I already own this...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my Minecraft java edition not working when I press buy it says I already own this...: I bought Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition for PC and i only can use Bedrock Edition and It says I already have Java Edition a7b09ac8-80da-47ef-97af-b0b90c0e5fdc
  8. Why is Minecraft asking me to buy it again?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is Minecraft asking me to buy it again?: I migrated my Mojang account to Microsoft this year. I bought minecraft through a prepaid card. But when I go into the launcher now after not playing for a long time it is saying that I have to...
  9. Why cant I play Minecraft java after buying java & bedrock bundle?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant I play Minecraft java after buying java & bedrock bundle?: I just bought Minecraft bedrock & java from the MS store but when i try to launch the game in the "Minecraft for windows" tab it defaults to bedrock edition and when I go to the Minecraft launcher...
  10. Why can't i buy Minecraft in Lebanon ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't i buy Minecraft in Lebanon ?: i wanted to buy minecraft on my pc today, but when i launched minecraft.net it told me that it wasn't available in my country . I also tried buying it via the Xbox app but nothing is available and...