Why do I have 2 gamertags when I tried to just change the original one?

Discus and support Why do I have 2 gamertags when I tried to just change the original one? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I tried to change my gamertag to Vryrt. I paid for it and everything, but it did not change my gamertag, it just added some third name under my... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by GhostGangster27, Nov 15, 2023.

1. Why do I have 2 gamertags when I tried to just change the original one?

I tried to change my gamertag to Vryrt. I paid for it and everything, but it did not change my gamertag, it just added some third name under my gamertag on my gamercard. I did not want to add a name title under my gamertag. I simply wanted to change my previous name (YvngHauntz).

:)

GhostGangster27, Nov 15, 2023
  2. GhostGangster27 Win User

more pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  3. GhostGangster27 Win User

[​IMG]
    proof of payment and visual aid.
    [​IMG]
  4. Why Shepy Win User

Xbox Gamertag Transfer: Is it possible?

Creating a new account and changing the gamertag. However, when I tried to change my original account's gamertag to the new one, it was still unavailable. It seems that even if I use the gamertag on a different account, it remains locked.
  5. Smwutches Win User

Gamertag/Display name/Account name

Check your profile in the Xbox app (not the console companion app). See if it shows you as having 2 gamertags. They'll have one on top of the other. The bottom one will probably show the gamertag that shows up for you in game. That's considered a "classic" gamertag. Sometimes when people change their tags, the system keeps their original tag as the tag to show in games that haven't been updated for the new gamertag policy. I know the system does that when people use special characters for their tag, but I'm not sure why it does it when people don't. That tag would have to be changed on a 360.
  6. Logan Hurkens Win User

Using old gamertag from before the merge.

I have 2 accounts. My original xbox account had my gamertag changed from the default one to the one it has now (the gamertag I would like to have) and I have my new account which I had as a Microsoft account before they were merged. My Microsoft account is what I use everything for, but I want to have my Xbox gamertag on that account. That account was set up as an Xbox account, and when I tried to change the gamertag for it, the limit for characters was 12. So in short I have had the gamertag in the past, and still do. But it needs to be put onto a different account. And to be clear, the gamertag is the only thing I care about from my original account. If I can get my Microsoft account to have my gamertag I would likely delete my old account entirely.
Thema:

1. Why do I have 2 gamertags when I tried to just change the original one? - Similar Threads - Why gamertags tried

2. Why do so few games support the modern gamertag system?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why do so few games support the modern gamertag system?: I changed my gamertag to something that was already taken, and I was under the impression that in games from before the change my gamertag would appear like "name1234" but going forward it would...
  3. Why hasn’t my gamertag changed?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why hasn’t my gamertag changed?: Hi, 2 days ago I used a egift card to change my xbox gamertag. The gamertag still hasn’t changed. I have tried logging in and out, and I have tried restarting my xbox yet it has not changed. I...
  4. SOS: Why do I have 2 gamertags? Is there a fix?

in XBoX Accessibility
    SOS: Why do I have 2 gamertags? Is there a fix?: I’ve recently changed my gamer tag and for some reason my previous tag is being shown above my current tag + has [CORE] sitting next to it. Does anybody have a solution for this? I changed tags...
  5. Why is my new gamertag "not allowed"

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is my new gamertag "not allowed": I'm trying to change my gamertag to rily8329 which is what it was in an old xbox account from the 360 days. The old accounts gamertag has been changed to something else but when I go to change my...
  6. Why has xbox blatantly humoured my gamertag change?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why has xbox blatantly humoured my gamertag change?: I have attempted to change my gamertag after completing mind numbing circles through the internet, only to reveal that xbox has NOT changed my gamertag! But would you adam and eve it the next time...
  7. i changed my gamertag and it got changed back,i'm wondering why it got changed

in XBoX Accessibility
    i changed my gamertag and it got changed back,i'm wondering why it got changed: it was a free name change too so im really confused whats the problem 8dd660c0-8970-4193-bbc4-6e09e6c58455
  8. Can anyone tell me why Sjchor cant be used as a gamertag?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can anyone tell me why Sjchor cant be used as a gamertag?: The name Sjchor has always been my gamer tag in all games but it says that it is not available and I'm not sure why. the meaning of it is my first initial, middle initial, and last name. I don't...
  9. Why does my old gamertag still show above new one after purchasing a new name?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why does my old gamertag still show above new one after purchasing a new name?: Recently purchased a new gamertag, but it still shows my old name above new name. Anyone know why? [img] 39aea6a9-41ab-4d54-b546-3e09446c7d8d
  10. Why is my new gamertag choice "not allowed"?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is my new gamertag choice "not allowed"?: I'm trying to change my gamertag so it matches my other ones on other consoles. On Nintendo it's Sapphomet, and on PSN it's Lady_Sapphomet. I'd like to keep it consistent, but for some reason it's...