Why do I get kicked and xbox shuts off?

Discus and support Why do I get kicked and xbox shuts off? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; While playing Apex Legends and Overwatch 2 (and some other games, just not as frequently), my game would freeze then the Xbox light would start... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Michael Searles II, Oct 24, 2023.

1. Why do I get kicked and xbox shuts off?

While playing Apex Legends and Overwatch 2 (and some other games, just not as frequently), my game would freeze then the Xbox light would start blinking and sometimes just completelyshut off (I have a video of it). That's what makes me think it's an xbox issue and not a game issue. I've tried every troubleshoot I could find including from ventilation, to factory reset. Nothing works.

:)

Michael Searles II, Oct 24, 2023
  2. Daniel Mitchell_786 Win User

It's indeed frustrating when your gaming experience is disrupted. Here are a few steps you can consider to address this problem:

1. Check for Overheating: Make sure your Xbox is well-ventilated and not overheating. Ensure that it has enough space around it for proper airflow. Overheating can cause issues like freezing and shutdowns.
    2. Update the Console: Ensure that your Xbox is running the latest system software. Updates often include bug fixes and performance improvements.
    3. Game Updates: Ensure that the games themselves are up to date. Developers release patches and updates to address known issues.
    4. Check for Hardware Issues: It's possible that the issue could be related to hardware problems. You may want to contact Xbox support or consider getting your console inspected for any potential issues.
    5. External Factors: Check if any external factors are affecting your Xbox, such as electrical issues or power fluctuations. Using a surge protector or an uninterrupted power supply (UPS) can help protect your console.
    6. Network Connection: Unstable internet connections can also cause issues in online games. Ensure that your network is stable while playing.
    If you've tried these steps and the problem persists, it's a good idea to contact Xbox Support for more personalized assistance. They can provide specific guidance for your situation and may recommend repair or replacement if necessary.
  3. Stephanie Dequito Win User

Hi Michael! I'm more than happy to help you out!

According to your description, it looks like you have already exhausted all the possible troubleshooting steps. You are correct that there could be an issue with the console hardware.

Since you have already checked your ventilation and performed a factory reset yet the issue still remains, I highly advise you to check your free warranty repair order for your console through this link:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-network/warranty-service/getting-your-product-serviced

Kind regards,
    Stephanie
  4. Mister Ohnaka Win User

Why do I keep getting kicked off of xbox live?

5. DEON-B520DDBA-C0F2-4 Win User

Acount

When ever I'm on xbox live why does it kick Me off of xbox live I can be on xbox live for like 20mins and suddenly I get kicked off and have to sign in all again help please.
  6. millsbuddy Win User

Lot of XBOX One games keeps crashing to dash

I’m having the same problem as well with BF4. They just released a major patch, but I’m still getting kicked back to home screen from servers and when it won’t even load the game I have to manually shut off the xbox one. This is a *** up system and makes
    me wonder why I didn’t buy a PS4.
Thema:

1. Why do I get kicked and xbox shuts off? - Similar Threads - Why kicked shuts

2. why my xbox series x kicks out to home screen?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why my xbox series x kicks out to home screen?: xbox series x kicks out to home screen only on certain games, no error message is shown. i have soft rest, hard reset and even reset the console totally. games like destiny, starfield, assassins...
  3. Why is my Master chief collection crashing or kicking me to title screen on series x all of...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is my Master chief collection crashing or kicking me to title screen on series x all of...: Played hours of master chief collection. Now if I try and play it, it either crashes or kicks me to the title screen no matter what I do. I've deleted the game. I've deleted my profile. I've power...
  4. Why does my xbox keep kicking off my controllers

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox keep kicking off my controllers: I bought a used xbox one and it keeps kicking off the controller saying you need a controller to play this game it does it with a different controller too 72302afe-39af-473c-8d00-6a08c3b2585e
  5. Why is Xbox kicking us out of the Console on certain games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is Xbox kicking us out of the Console on certain games?: We can get onto fortnight just fine, but trying to get onto rocket league in FIFA. The Xbox Console kicks us out. da0e5e4f-f35c-44d3-8501-5f939fa72d3b
  6. Xbox series X keeps kicking me from games and resetting why?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox series X keeps kicking me from games and resetting why?: My Xbox series x console keeps kicking me out of every game and into the home screen. Sometimes after kicks you out of the game and put you back to the home screen it then resets itself it powers...
  7. Why is my Xbox series S blinking 2 times while I’m trying to load a game and then kicks me...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox series S blinking 2 times while I’m trying to load a game and then kicks me...: It randomly kicked me out of playing the game while I was in the middle of a multiplayer match and it’s been doing this since then. I can play most games but anytime I try to play call off duty or...
  8. Why do I keep getting kicked out from GTA back to my Home Screen whenever I start a setup?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I keep getting kicked out from GTA back to my Home Screen whenever I start a setup?: I never get kicked from GTA but whenever I start a setup it kicks me back to my Home Screen of my Xbox. 8a14ea60-e3dc-4eb2-ac6a-e38c41c13cc6
  9. Why do I keep getting kicked off fortnite every time I jump out of the skybus on my xboxone

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I keep getting kicked off fortnite every time I jump out of the skybus on my xboxone: Why do I keep getting kicked of fortnite every time I jump of the skybus on my Xbox one 87ad3e86-c9e8-4c2f-ad56-9c7470bfb060
  10. Why does rainbow six seige kick me out of the entire game when i am partied up with friends...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does rainbow six seige kick me out of the entire game when i am partied up with friends...: Every match that we start lets me pick my operator for round 1 and then kicks me out of the game. I then have to start up the game and reconnect to the game is was just in and then i can play the...