Why do I get error 0x803F8001 when trying to launch a game?

Discus and support Why do I get error 0x803F8001 when trying to launch a game? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have Sunset Overdrive in my library and I was able to run it and play without problems till yesterday. Now when I launch it, I get the followin... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by sakamibuya, Dec 13, 2023.

1. sakamibuya
    sakamibuya Guest

I have Sunset Overdrive in my library and I was able to run it and play without problems till yesterday. Now when I launch it, I get the followin error;

Sunset Overdrive is not available in your account at the moment. Make sure you are logged in to your account. Error code: 0x803F8001

-I own this game, this is not a game pass problem.

-I am logged in to Microsoft Store and Xbox App

-I tried repairing and resetting the Store and Xbox App, also tried reinstalling the Xbox App

-I even reinstalled the game

Still I get the same error.

:)

sakamibuya, Dec 13, 2023
  2. kyle_m4496 Win User

Glad to hear you managed to solve this! Please reach back if you have further questions.

Thanks,
    Kyle
  3. sakamibuya Win User

Hello Kyle, I appreciate you trying to help and being atrentive. I checked my system and it is updated. However, the issue persists.

I realized something weird, though. I cannot log in to outlook on my PC anymore. For some reason, my PC is having problems with connecting to MS Services ( Microsoft Store works though, as I just downloaded the game through there). I have no idea what this problem is, but I can log in to outlook and this site without a problem on my phone.

Edit: Thank you for your help, Kyle. Just fiddled with the security settings in my MS account and now everything works for some reason. I didn't change anything before the problem started so I do not know what happened there, but this is solved now.
  4. kyle_m4496 Win User

5. kyle_m4496 Win User

Thanks for confirming, are your other owned games working fine?

I recommend checking your have the latest updates on your PC, go to Settings > Windows Update to check for updates.

Thanks,
    Kyle
  6. sakamibuya Win User

Just checked it, and yes it is in my order history.
Thema:

1. Why do I get error 0x803F8001 when trying to launch a game? - Similar Threads - Why error 0x803F8001

2. “Can’t sign in” error when trying to sign in….why?

in XBoX on Consoles
    “Can’t sign in” error when trying to sign in….why?: [img] The problem is persistent and I can not seem to find any troubleshooting solutions at all. 3315c945-3c3b-4d5e-83c3-182458e7561a
  3. Why is there a region error when i try to order a controller from Xbox design labs?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is there a region error when i try to order a controller from Xbox design labs?: So I am trying to order a Fallout controller from the Design Labs page when i encounter an error each time i try to pay for the custom contoller. I says: "region" is required. Enter and try...
  4. why does my steam have this code? loadlibary failed error 126

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my steam have this code? loadlibary failed error 126: yeah i went to steam and it has that error message please help me with this and even xbox too c51e5eb6-e199-4bdd-b0c9-420ddb7be2fd
  5. why does the minecraft launcher keep displaying this error message ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    why does the minecraft launcher keep displaying this error message ?: hello ! i bought minecraft two days ago and have been greeted with the error code "(-2015294512)" every time i have tried to launch the game. i've linked a video below to show what's going on....
  6. Why am i getting a Gashes.exe could not be started error?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why am i getting a Gashes.exe could not be started error?: its annoying And i wanna show but this Blasted Site wont Let me! 201af5a4-b38d-4a8f-9666-f01aced7e075
  7. Why My Cod MW3 Keep Crashing And Dev Error?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why My Cod MW3 Keep Crashing And Dev Error?: I’m having an issue with mw3 on Xbox series X…I’m getting dashboard and dev error 5679 artless four times a game I have reinstalled the game rest my Xbox. I don’t know what else to do!!!...
  8. Why am I getting the error code 0x80070490 when trying to install Minecraft Java &Bedrock...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I getting the error code 0x80070490 when trying to install Minecraft Java &Bedrock...: Why am I getting the error code 0x80070490 when trying to install Minecraft Java &Bedrock edition on my PC windows 11? I have already made sure my PC is up to date, has storage, and I'm signed...
  9. Why is it that I'm getting this communication error with the Xbox network for the last 5...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is it that I'm getting this communication error with the Xbox network for the last 5...: Please tell me why am I getting the communication Xbox server Montano error? How do u fix this and why is it happening ? cda1fc7e-2cb3-44ed-bfa6-698c47a11c2a
  10. Why is it that even though I have a disc game error 0x803f8001 keeps popping up?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is it that even though I have a disc game error 0x803f8001 keeps popping up?: I am currently having a problem starting up a game. Every time I try to start it, it says error 0x803f8001. And I have already checked how to fix this error and nothing seems to work. It still...