Why do games like MW3 force an update which takes forever?

Discus and support Why do games like MW3 force an update which takes forever? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Its 2024 and bandwidth is a solved problem. Why am I paying subscription fees and over $100 to play a game that doesn't have modern reliability. MW3... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by John Stoeckel, Mar 10, 2024.

1. Why do games like MW3 force an update which takes forever?

Its 2024 and bandwidth is a solved problem. Why am I paying subscription fees and over $100 to play a game that doesn't have modern reliability. MW3 updates at least once a month and more or less throw out a full night of being able to play it?

:)

John Stoeckel, Mar 10, 2024
  2. John Stoeckel Win User

I have over 170 mbps download speeds yet this update has been going on since I started it 4 hours ago. I have done all the troubleshooting I can and its either the Xbox servers or presumably Activision which is clearly unable to load balance the requests from everyone trying to update at once. The tech side should be using rolling updates and stop blocking game play. I just don't understand how this is not a solved problem.
  3. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi John, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Games are constantly updated to improve gameplay and features, this is not exclusive to the Call of Duty games.

And since it's an online game, you need to update in order to play it.
  4. MichaelKomara Win User

Call Of Duty Ghosts update stops at 97%!

So it takes forever no matter what? Never used to happen like this on the 360. I guess that's why they encourage auto updates. What causes it to take forever?
  5. HoM Get Lifted Win User

League Play, and dashboarding

It takes forever to find a game, that's why I've only played like 4 games.
  6. CaroleAQ. Win User

where did bingo go?

It takes forever to try and find my game. Why isn't it with the solitaire collection like it was?
Thema:

1. Why do games like MW3 force an update which takes forever? - Similar Threads - Why games MW3

2. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  3. Why when my wife in the same house cannot join my game on mw3 yet i can join her. When she...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why when my wife in the same house cannot join my game on mw3 yet i can join her. When she...: Please help this is very annoying and has worked fine untill about 1 week ago dac03f3b-baf6-41de-a943-6d0519670b5c
  4. Why does my mw3 require me to purchase game pass to play even tho I bought the game itself?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does my mw3 require me to purchase game pass to play even tho I bought the game itself?: I bought the game but it says I need gamepass to play it. 172de818-b765-4a18-bdf1-b87fc0e89476
  5. Why does MW3 (2023) overheat my console? No other game has done it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does MW3 (2023) overheat my console? No other game has done it.: My mw3 (2023) has been crashing constantly. It isn’t sitting in a tv stand or anything. It is in an open space. I have hard reset the console, moved where it is plugged in at, and have factory...
  6. Why are all my mw3 games locked and how do I unlock them on xboxs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why are all my mw3 games locked and how do I unlock them on xboxs: Iv had mw3 now for few months. Went to play campaign yesterday and it says LOCKED and all the others are locked as well multilayer modes even zombies can some one tell me how this has happened...
  7. why isn't my call of duty recognizing i already own mw3 but still saying to preorder the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why isn't my call of duty recognizing i already own mw3 but still saying to preorder the game: why isn't my call of duty recognizing i already own mw3. it is still saying to preorder the game. everything says locked. i bought the vault edition. its also past the release date so when am i...
  8. When playing on big games e.g. fortnite, mw3 why does it keep disconnecting me from my wifi?

in XBoX on Consoles
    When playing on big games e.g. fortnite, mw3 why does it keep disconnecting me from my wifi?: Everytime I go onto a big game like mw3 it says I'm not connected to the Internet, it has been fine all day downloading the game but as soon as I go onto the actual game it disconnects me. I've...
  9. Why am I getting "Error Code" after starting the COD-MW3 game..??? ( DEV ERROR 5479 )

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why am I getting "Error Code" after starting the COD-MW3 game..??? ( DEV ERROR 5479 ): For XBOX ONE Console... Why am I getting an "error code" after starting the COD-MW3 game..??? ( DEV ERROR 5479 ) The "Error Code" ( DEV ERROR 5479 ) pops up twice after it loads into the...
  10. why can’t I game share the new mw3 on different accounts on the same Xbox?????

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why can’t I game share the new mw3 on different accounts on the same Xbox?????: bro idk why but just because we pre-ordered mw3 on a different account on the same Xbox, I can’t play mw3 on a different account on the same Xbox. it’s crazy how activision was greedy enough to do...