Why did Xbox stop making 360s games backwards compatible

Discus and support Why did Xbox stop making 360s games backwards compatible in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So I just was wondering why Xbox/Microsoft decided to stop making Xbox 360 games backwards compatible. There are still so many games that deserve/need... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MoRe X SkUlLs, Sep 9, 2023.

1. Why did Xbox stop making 360s games backwards compatible

So I just was wondering why Xbox/Microsoft decided to stop making Xbox 360 games backwards compatible. There are still so many games that deserve/need to be made backwards compatible especially with the release of the series X/S. I’ve been wanting to play some old favourite but all my hopes were shut down when I found out that none of theses games are backwards compatible so I really think it’s in the best interest for every Xbox owner that Xbox brings back the backwards compatibility program.

:)

MoRe X SkUlLs, Sep 9, 2023
  2. veda sayles Win User

Can yall make wwe 2k14 backward play for series x i dont want a remaster version i want the 360 version

The original Xbox and Xbox 360 backward compatibility program has ended and no more games will be added to it.
    Why and can yall make backwards compatible
  3. Tezzarrific Win User

the market place is shutting down on the 360, all the back compat games will still be purchasable via xbox one or newer and on the website.
  4. ngocphi Win User

Well you do.need to get permission from the publishers

Publishers would rather sell you a remaster or repackaged retro pack then give you a free license

Licenses expire ss proven with the recent delisting.not to mention the marketplace is shutting down
  5. Azrael008uk Win User

Xbox One backwards compatibility

The "Backwards Compatibility" only exists for games that they have told the XBox ONE to recognise as "Backwards Compatible".

Most of the games on the XBox 360 simply will not work on the XBox ONE.

Microsoft will claim the reason they can't make everything available at once is that they need a Publisher's permission to make the game Backwards Compatible.

But the real reason Backwards Compatibility exists is to lure XBox 360 owners who have been on the fence for a while into the false supposition that they will be able to play their 360 games on the ONE.

If you could do that... why not buy a ONE?
  6. XA DRBATTLE Win User

Microsoft please make concrete jungle backwards compatible to the Xbox one

they have currently stopped all backwards compatability to focus on the xbox series x as i believe they are making all xbox one 360 and original games compatible on series x
Thema:

1. Why did Xbox stop making 360s games backwards compatible - Similar Threads - Why did stop

2. Why did I spend over 100$s for this Xbox elite controller....smh it's poor to say the least...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did I spend over 100$s for this Xbox elite controller....smh it's poor to say the least...: THIS CONTROLLER IS NOT BETTER THEN THE ORIGINAL VERSION. IT JUST COST MORE AND IS VERY FRUSTRATING... PLEASE STOP MAKING THESE CONTROLLERS.. ANYTHING THAT COMES APART INN COMPETITIVE GAMES SHOULD...
  3. Why Xbox deleted most of my captures even though I did not exceed the Xbox network storage...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why Xbox deleted most of my captures even though I did not exceed the Xbox network storage...: I thought that Xbox was only deleting it for players who exceeded the storage limit but instead did it to everyone. Why Microsoft, you are literally the richest company in this world yet you can't...
  4. Why did I get banned for my gamerpic?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did I get banned for my gamerpic?: I just got two strikes and am banned for two days because of my gamer pic/profile picture. It is just a simple picture of me, nothing offensive or anything else like that (I do not wish to show...
  5. why did i not get the email with the code/ redeem info

in XBoX on Windows
    why did i not get the email with the code/ redeem info: i have video proof if needed. 5288a975-c7fa-4054-9ebf-12249cab8f4a
  6. Why did I get banned for a year when all I did was try and change my profile picture?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why did I get banned for a year when all I did was try and change my profile picture?: So the other day I was trying to change my profile picture to a funny pic of my friend and the background had a confederate flag and him holding a shotgun not even real well I tried to upload that...
  7. Why did Xbox stop responding to my reports and stop me from making posts?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why did Xbox stop responding to my reports and stop me from making posts?: Everytime I’ve tried to report someone, nothing happens, but when they report me for calling them “stupid” or “a bot” I get a strike. I also can’t make looking for group posts on my main account....
  8. Why did GTA Online (X/S) stop working today?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why did GTA Online (X/S) stop working today?: After having to downgrade back to the original Xbox one, I was still able to play the X/S version of GTA Online through Cloud Gaming. I woke up today and got a message upon launching the game...
  9. Why did my Elite Series 2 Controller suddenly stop working?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did my Elite Series 2 Controller suddenly stop working?: Today I tried to to turn on my Elite Series 2 Controller and it didn't turn on, it was working perfectly fine yesterday, but now it just won't turn on. I use it with an Xbox Series X and i've used...
  10. Why Did My Xbox Stop Sending Clips To Network?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why Did My Xbox Stop Sending Clips To Network?: The Other Day, I Had Been Playin KartRider:Drift. Took A Few Clips N Screenshots. They Posted To The Xbox Network Just Fine, N Instantly. Literally, That Same Day. Hours Later. I Took Clips...