Why did they bother to make a 120hz mode if they weren’t going to support it?

Discus and support Why did they bother to make a 120hz mode if they weren’t going to support it? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I understand 120fps is kind of a pipe dream but why can’t we unlock the FPS of some games and take advantage of this mode?? They release this for... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/corgix3, Sep 24, 2019.

1. /u/corgix3
    /u/corgix3 Guest

I understand 120fps is kind of a pipe dream but why can’t we unlock the FPS of some games and take advantage of this mode?? They release this for nothing or what? Not even a first party game like gears 5 takes advantage of it. Insiders were given a first look at this mode a while back but seriously nothing has come of it even after a full release..

submitted by /u/corgix3
    [link] [comments]

/u/corgix3, Sep 24, 2019
  2. Farscape247 Win User

120hz Xbox one s problem

what model tv, could be supporting the input but not actually supporting 120hz mode fully.

also there is not really that much benefit from having the one s in 120hz mode especially when most of the games barely reach 30fps.
  3. Frenchy_137 Win User

Sony xr-55A80J OLED and 4k @120hz support (Not supported)

Hi Nursemorph,

Thanks to you I was able to get it to work at 4K with 120hz.

The issue was the guys that configured my TV had set the HDMI mode to EF(Dolby support) and that mode does not seem to support 120hz.

> I changed the mode to Standard and it made things worse so then I changed it back to EF only and voila it worked 4k at 120hz!

Thank you all for your help with this one.

:)
  4. Nursemorph Win User

Xbox series x: 1440p, 120hz

On your PC, go into the resolution selection screen and check to see if the 1440p lists the refresh rate as 120Hz or 119.9Hz (might be slightly different than 199.9).....if it's not 120Hz exactly, then that would be why.

If it lists 120Hz exactly, then the Xbox should be fine with it. Have noted that your monitor is an HDR monitor so go into monitor settings and make sure HDR is turned off (and also in Xbox settings)....the Xbox can only support HDR at 4k so it causes issues
  5. Farscape247 Win User

Will I be able to play on my Series X at 1080p 120fps VRR with this monitor?

that monitor supports 120hz and freesync, you don't need hdmi 2.1 for 1080p and 120hz with freesync at all.

you need hdmi 2.1 for 4k at 120hz with vrr.

I have that screen and its fine for most gaming uses.

that screen has console mode for 120hz, and works fine.
  6. Spartan2388 Win User

Why are the textures so bad in Warzone 2.0 on Xbox Series S?

Is this happening only with this game or if you try a different game something similar happens?
    Are you using the quality or performance mode inside Warzone? (Please note that performance mode lower the graphics in order to increase the FPS)

only on warzone, there is no quality or performance mode only 120hz support. I played on 1440p 120hz, 4K 60hz, 1080p 60 and 120hz and still same issue.

And, what did you tried so far to fix this
    In that way I can advise you different things or how to proceed

tried to reset my console, deleted the game and re-downloaded the game but no resolution
Thema:

1. Why did they bother to make a 120hz mode if they weren’t going to support it? - Similar Threads - Why did bother

2. Why did I spend over 100$s for this Xbox elite controller....smh it's poor to say the least...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did I spend over 100$s for this Xbox elite controller....smh it's poor to say the least...: THIS CONTROLLER IS NOT BETTER THEN THE ORIGINAL VERSION. IT JUST COST MORE AND IS VERY FRUSTRATING... PLEASE STOP MAKING THESE CONTROLLERS.. ANYTHING THAT COMES APART INN COMPETITIVE GAMES SHOULD...
  3. Why Xbox deleted most of my captures even though I did not exceed the Xbox network storage...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why Xbox deleted most of my captures even though I did not exceed the Xbox network storage...: I thought that Xbox was only deleting it for players who exceeded the storage limit but instead did it to everyone. Why Microsoft, you are literally the richest company in this world yet you can't...
  4. Why did I get banned for my gamerpic?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did I get banned for my gamerpic?: I just got two strikes and am banned for two days because of my gamer pic/profile picture. It is just a simple picture of me, nothing offensive or anything else like that (I do not wish to show...
  5. why did i not get the email with the code/ redeem info

in XBoX on Windows
    why did i not get the email with the code/ redeem info: i have video proof if needed. 5288a975-c7fa-4054-9ebf-12249cab8f4a
  6. Why did I get banned for a year when all I did was try and change my profile picture?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why did I get banned for a year when all I did was try and change my profile picture?: So the other day I was trying to change my profile picture to a funny pic of my friend and the background had a confederate flag and him holding a shotgun not even real well I tried to upload that...
  7. Why did you take money from me

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did you take money from me: You guys took 100 bucks from me why? 349cd83a-0f14-4518-b612-e09779c39432
  8. Why did my Micro SD card randomly become write protected?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did my Micro SD card randomly become write protected?: Around a month ago, I put a different Micro SD card in my computers adapter than usual, and it was write protected, I didn't think much of it and just put my regular one back in, but that one was...
  9. Why did i get this many strikes?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why did i get this many strikes?: i got multiple strikes for the same message failing to send xbox, it kept failing so kept trying again thinking its network issues, now i have 9 strikes, great service...
  10. So why did my Xbox series x and 360 all of a sudden tell me I couldn't play Black ops 1...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So why did my Xbox series x and 360 all of a sudden tell me I couldn't play Black ops 1...: I've heard that sometimes it's either the servers that tank or that some Microsoft engineers just like messing with paying customers? Error code : 8015190E 0c7de9e7-a8c8-4c36-96d7-c82a6823deb4