Why did Neverwinter shut down its server in the middle of our game without notifying users...

Discus and support Why did Neverwinter shut down its server in the middle of our game without notifying users... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; At approximately 2:40 P.M. Mountain Standard time, I was in the middle of playing a siege event on Neverwinter. We were almost done killing the boss,... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by GraveDiggerM41, Mar 25, 2020.

1. Why did Neverwinter shut down its server in the middle of our game without notifying users...

At approximately 2:40 P.M. Mountain Standard time, I was in the middle of playing a siege

event on Neverwinter. We were almost done killing the boss, and the server immediately

shut down and disconnected all players. No forewarning was given as to any server maintenance

issues or any information posted on their site that indicated that this shut down would happen.

No posting of any service maintenance on their main game page.

What happened, and why did all these gamers get disconnected in the middle of their game??

:)

GraveDiggerM41, Mar 25, 2020
  2. Flymonkey102 Win User

Why did Neverwinter shut down its server in the middle of our game without notifying users of any downtime???

3. vader da slayer Win User

It was THEIR horrible choice but it will be YOUR fault if it takes hold....

[quote user="DemonicKrusher"]

All we can do is keep playing our 360 and enjoying our friends and gaming until they shut the servers down. And at that point is when everyone will have to decide what is the next best step? Only time will tell. But, I say just keep fighting, Fight until
    the bitter end Fighttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt.

[/quote]

XBL servers are XBL servers. They can't shut down the "360" servers without shutting down the entirety of XBL.
  4. THE IMMORTAL D Win User

Next set of EA games to shut down

[quote user="Domuhnic"]

Why would they keep servers up for games that no one really plays anymore? As far as the saboteur goes, Im not familiar enough with how its server related content is managed. BUT, I dont see a problem with dev's shutting online servers down for games that
    dont produce revenue anymore and only add maintenance costs.

[/quote][quote user="Domuhnic"]

Why would they keep servers up for games that no one really plays anymore? As far as the saboteur goes, Im not familiar enough with how its server related content is managed. BUT, I dont see a problem with dev's shutting online servers down for games that
    dont produce revenue anymore and only add maintenance costs.

[/quote]

my problem is the fact that i will lose access to the midnight club content. if they wanna shut the servers down, thats fine. i just don't think i should lose access to my single player content or single player DLC add on's. there is no reason why we can't
    keep access to our single player content or host MP games on our 360's.
  5. Eggnogga Win User

Good bye Ghostbusters Online....

According to the link you posted: "We are sorry for the confusion, but there are no plans to shut down the Xbox servers at this time. As for the achievement issue we have notified our QA team of the glitch, and we’ll keep you posted."
  6. BlackSilverAce Win User

Metal Gear Online going offline. What 360 games had their online disabled?

[quote user="THE IMMORTAL D"]

when EA shuts down their servers for games, why can't we host the games on our 360s? why can't the online modes fall back to microsoft servers? just because a game is old, does not mean people won't play it. and game company's have a duty to keep the online
    mode alive through the life of the console. once microsoft discontinues the 360, then game company's can shut down servers. until then, they need to keep the servers active.

[/quote]

I always wondered why this never happened, or MS didn't step in and host the servers themselves (after all, what do we pay gold fees for?)....
Thema:

Why did Neverwinter shut down its server in the middle of our game without notifying users...

1. Why did Neverwinter shut down its server in the middle of our game without notifying users... - Similar Threads - Why did Neverwinter

2. Why did I spend over 100$s for this Xbox elite controller....smh it's poor to say the least...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did I spend over 100$s for this Xbox elite controller....smh it's poor to say the least...: THIS CONTROLLER IS NOT BETTER THEN THE ORIGINAL VERSION. IT JUST COST MORE AND IS VERY FRUSTRATING... PLEASE STOP MAKING THESE CONTROLLERS.. ANYTHING THAT COMES APART INN COMPETITIVE GAMES SHOULD...
  3. Why Xbox deleted most of my captures even though I did not exceed the Xbox network storage...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why Xbox deleted most of my captures even though I did not exceed the Xbox network storage...: I thought that Xbox was only deleting it for players who exceeded the storage limit but instead did it to everyone. Why Microsoft, you are literally the richest company in this world yet you can't...
  4. Why did I get banned for my gamerpic?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did I get banned for my gamerpic?: I just got two strikes and am banned for two days because of my gamer pic/profile picture. It is just a simple picture of me, nothing offensive or anything else like that (I do not wish to show...
  5. why did i not get the email with the code/ redeem info

in XBoX on Windows
    why did i not get the email with the code/ redeem info: i have video proof if needed. 5288a975-c7fa-4054-9ebf-12249cab8f4a
  6. Why did I get banned for a year when all I did was try and change my profile picture?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why did I get banned for a year when all I did was try and change my profile picture?: So the other day I was trying to change my profile picture to a funny pic of my friend and the background had a confederate flag and him holding a shotgun not even real well I tried to upload that...
  7. Why did you take money from me

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did you take money from me: You guys took 100 bucks from me why? 349cd83a-0f14-4518-b612-e09779c39432
  8. Why did my Micro SD card randomly become write protected?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did my Micro SD card randomly become write protected?: Around a month ago, I put a different Micro SD card in my computers adapter than usual, and it was write protected, I didn't think much of it and just put my regular one back in, but that one was...
  9. Why did i get this many strikes?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why did i get this many strikes?: i got multiple strikes for the same message failing to send xbox, it kept failing so kept trying again thinking its network issues, now i have 9 strikes, great service...
  10. So why did my Xbox series x and 360 all of a sudden tell me I couldn't play Black ops 1...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So why did my Xbox series x and 360 all of a sudden tell me I couldn't play Black ops 1...: I've heard that sometimes it's either the servers that tank or that some Microsoft engineers just like messing with paying customers? Error code : 8015190E 0c7de9e7-a8c8-4c36-96d7-c82a6823deb4