Why did my cloud save disappear?

Discus and support Why did my cloud save disappear? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've been playing Crusader Kings 3 on my series X for months using cloud gaming (I do not have the game installed, there are no local saves). Today I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by CS_8019, Dec 16, 2023.

1. CS_8019
    CS_8019 Guest

I've been playing Crusader Kings 3 on my series X for months using cloud gaming (I do not have the game installed, there are no local saves).

Today I went to play but my save, representing 50ish hours of gameplay, was missing.

The last time I played the cloud gaming session disconnected. that's not an unusual occurrence when I'm playing cloud gaming for sessions longer than a couple of hours, but this is the first time I've lost my cloud save.

I started playing Crusader Kings 3 on cloud gaming because when it was installed and saving locally, I'd get an error that the game couldn't save because there was not enough space (I've had this same problem with Starfield which leads me to believe the problem is with how the Series s/x handles saves, not with the games themselves). If the game also crashed after this error message, there was a chance my Ironman save would be missing. The nature of Ironman is there is NO older saves to revert to so I lose a great deal of time and effort I can never get back.

playing Crusader Kings 3 on cloud gaming seemed to solve this error. I never got the message about a failed save caused by a lack of space the entire time I played only with cloud gaming, but now I find myself with another lost save and many wasted hours.

Is there any chance of recovering my save?

:)

CS_8019, Dec 16, 2023
  2. Adam Sheetz Win User

Hi CS_8019, My name is Adam, and I’d be happy to help!

I’m sorry to hear that you lost your cloud save for Crusader Kings 3. Losing progress in a game can be frustrating, especially when it represents so many hours of gameplay. There are some steps you can take to try and recover your savings:

1. Check if the saved file is still present in the cloud storage. You can do this by logging into your cloud storage account and checking if the save file is still there.

2. If the save file is still present, try downloading it and then uploading it again to the cloud storage. This may help to refresh the save file and make it available for use again.

3. If the save file is not present in the cloud storage, you can try looking for it locally on your device.

But unfortunately, if the data was not saved in the cloud or locally on your device, then it is unlikely that you can recover it.

As for games crashing, “In this article, https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/2f7dbb3b-e2a2-4dbb-a25b-e65668443448, Ronnieee shows the solution to the problem can be solved by following these steps:

"NOTE: This will remove the profiles on your console; make sure that you remember the email and password to your account. No data or game saves will be lost doing this; everything is backed up to the cloud servers.

"1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

2. Select Settings.

3. Select System.

4. Select Console Info.

5. Select Reset Console.

6. Select Reset and keep my games and apps."

I hope this helps.

Kind regard,
    Adam
  3. ArticReaper Win User

Minecraft Xbox One Edition - "We are not able to save more data for this game or app" Error

It does delete game saves from the console its self tho. and I have had my saves when I reset the console disappear because they did not upload to the cloud.
  4. Aurora Cannon Win User

All my save games are gone

Hi guys, can you help me out? I checked my 360 storage for the game saves and I've noticed that it disappeared for some reason. Only most of my games that have the saves disappeared. Halo saves is still here and few other games still have the saves. I tried
    to back it up in Cloud and I hope the saves can be in the Cloud. What is the cause for the game saves disappear. I noticed the game saves for my other profiles existed.
  5. a Spartoi Win User

Minecraft Cloud Storage Problem

Yes all my saves on the Map wereon Cloud and now just randomly disappeared.
  6. Tommaso Caricato Win User

Lost Persona5 game saves

I checked the game is Xbox play anywhere in fact I remember I initially played it on the cloud and then on pc but at the moment all the saves disappeared. Can Xbox check my cloud and see if there's an old game save?
Thema:

1. Why did my cloud save disappear? - Similar Threads - Why did cloud

2. Why did I spend over 100$s for this Xbox elite controller....smh it's poor to say the least...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did I spend over 100$s for this Xbox elite controller....smh it's poor to say the least...: THIS CONTROLLER IS NOT BETTER THEN THE ORIGINAL VERSION. IT JUST COST MORE AND IS VERY FRUSTRATING... PLEASE STOP MAKING THESE CONTROLLERS.. ANYTHING THAT COMES APART INN COMPETITIVE GAMES SHOULD...
  3. Why Xbox deleted most of my captures even though I did not exceed the Xbox network storage...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why Xbox deleted most of my captures even though I did not exceed the Xbox network storage...: I thought that Xbox was only deleting it for players who exceeded the storage limit but instead did it to everyone. Why Microsoft, you are literally the richest company in this world yet you can't...
  4. Why did I get banned for my gamerpic?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did I get banned for my gamerpic?: I just got two strikes and am banned for two days because of my gamer pic/profile picture. It is just a simple picture of me, nothing offensive or anything else like that (I do not wish to show...
  5. why did i not get the email with the code/ redeem info

in XBoX on Windows
    why did i not get the email with the code/ redeem info: i have video proof if needed. 5288a975-c7fa-4054-9ebf-12249cab8f4a
  6. Why did I get banned for a year when all I did was try and change my profile picture?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why did I get banned for a year when all I did was try and change my profile picture?: So the other day I was trying to change my profile picture to a funny pic of my friend and the background had a confederate flag and him holding a shotgun not even real well I tried to upload that...
  7. Why did you take money from me

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did you take money from me: You guys took 100 bucks from me why? 349cd83a-0f14-4518-b612-e09779c39432
  8. Why did my Micro SD card randomly become write protected?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did my Micro SD card randomly become write protected?: Around a month ago, I put a different Micro SD card in my computers adapter than usual, and it was write protected, I didn't think much of it and just put my regular one back in, but that one was...
  9. Why did i get this many strikes?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why did i get this many strikes?: i got multiple strikes for the same message failing to send xbox, it kept failing so kept trying again thinking its network issues, now i have 9 strikes, great service...
  10. Why did the Xbox cloud wait time change

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did the Xbox cloud wait time change: When I first started fortnite on cloud, the wait time was 5-15 minutes, but now when I start fortnite in Xbox cloud the wait time is 5-280 minutes I am need a way to reduce the wait time...