Why did Microsoft remove my phone number from my account?

Discus and support Why did Microsoft remove my phone number from my account? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Several months ago, I attempted to redeem my Microsoft rewards points for robux which I had done many times before. But for some reason, this time it... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by JakeTheGreat0001, Oct 14, 2023.

1. Why did Microsoft remove my phone number from my account?

Several months ago, I attempted to redeem my Microsoft rewards points for robux which I had done many times before. But for some reason, this time it said I needed to add a phone number to my account because it was required, Even though I already remember adding a phone number to my account. Then I realized for some reason my phone number was removed, and whenever I tried adding my phone number back it just said I couldn't. For some reason it doesn't let me even if I type in the verification code that it sends me through text. So I asked people that work for Microsoft support to help me and they were very unhelpful and they couldn't do anything about it and they told me that I had to wait a month and then I would be able to add my phone number back but then after a month I couldn't still do it and I'm trying to add it but it still won't let me and I'm very aggravated by it now.

:)

JakeTheGreat0001, Oct 14, 2023
  2. Mini Griffin Win User

I’m having the exact same issue.

My phone number was previously on my account (i even have microsoft rewards texts saved) then suddenly and without warning Microsoft has removed my phone number (which i’ve had for over 10 years) and now I cannot access my rewards.

I’m not changing my number or buying a different sim for a mistake by Microsoft. And it isn’t attached to another account because I only have two and both have no number now.

Loads of people are suddenly having this issue so it’s something server side

If anyone has found a work around please let me know, so I can fix this issue and potentially help others :)
  3. Darhyl Amizola Win User

Hi there! I'm more than happy to help you!

I'm sorry you are experiencing this with your Microsoft Rewards. No worries, let me help you sort this out.

Based on your description, it is possible that your phone number is already associated with a different Microsoft account which is why you're unable to add it. I've also experienced the same issue before.

In this case, you'll need to use a different phone number to add it as an alias to your account upon redeeming your Microsoft Reward points. Please make sure that the phone number is not yet associated with any Microsoft account.

Just a gentle reminder that we are only Xbox gamers just like you here in this community. We are not Microsoft employees and we do not have tools to access any Microsoft System.

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.

Best Regards,
    Darhyl
  4. EliMora Win User

Email was changed without notice

All was fine on the 28th of March. Then the next day the 29th I received a text saying that my number was removed from my account. And when I tried to play on my Xbox it had a different email. I never authorized it nor did I removed my own phone number from my account.
  5. Mr Granstaff Win User

Kinect Sesame Street TV

Why did my reference number get removed? It's not like it was my personal email address or phone number.

I spent A LOT of time on the phone and chat, so there's probably a ton of good information to be used in troubleshooting this.

Here it is again: [Mod removed]
  6. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Could you remove my old phone number from my Microsoft account?

Hi Top, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Try using another verification method connected to your account.

For example, if you are using SMS to verify yourself and are hitting a block, try using an alternate email that is connected to the account to receive your authorization code.

Try the sign-in helper: For all sign-in issues, use this troubleshooter to help identify your problem and provide available support options."

Source: https://support.microsoft.com/accou...e-issues-409090c4-92b5-42b9-8ae6-bcc97e62fc48

You can run the Sign-in Helper on the link above by clicking on the Start button.

Let me know if it works!
Thema:

1. Why did Microsoft remove my phone number from my account? - Similar Threads - Why did Microsoft

2. Why did I spend over 100$s for this Xbox elite controller....smh it's poor to say the least...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did I spend over 100$s for this Xbox elite controller....smh it's poor to say the least...: THIS CONTROLLER IS NOT BETTER THEN THE ORIGINAL VERSION. IT JUST COST MORE AND IS VERY FRUSTRATING... PLEASE STOP MAKING THESE CONTROLLERS.. ANYTHING THAT COMES APART INN COMPETITIVE GAMES SHOULD...
  3. Why Xbox deleted most of my captures even though I did not exceed the Xbox network storage...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why Xbox deleted most of my captures even though I did not exceed the Xbox network storage...: I thought that Xbox was only deleting it for players who exceeded the storage limit but instead did it to everyone. Why Microsoft, you are literally the richest company in this world yet you can't...
  4. Why did I get banned for my gamerpic?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did I get banned for my gamerpic?: I just got two strikes and am banned for two days because of my gamer pic/profile picture. It is just a simple picture of me, nothing offensive or anything else like that (I do not wish to show...
  5. why did i not get the email with the code/ redeem info

in XBoX on Windows
    why did i not get the email with the code/ redeem info: i have video proof if needed. 5288a975-c7fa-4054-9ebf-12249cab8f4a
  6. Why can't I view my captures on my PC? Did we time travel? Is it 2004? Microsoft owns...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I view my captures on my PC? Did we time travel? Is it 2004? Microsoft owns...: Why can't I view my captures on my PC? Did we time travel? Is it 2004? Microsoft owns everything. Figure it out. The only way I can view and edit my captures is through the Xbox app. What a joke....
  7. Why did microsoft not transfer my ownership of minecraft

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did microsoft not transfer my ownership of minecraft: i’ve read so many forums and tried multiple things, reached out many times. Microsoft has no history of me owning minecraft yet i’ve been playing consistently on the same account for 6 years....
  8. Why did you, (Microsoft) remove my Xbox Networking tab without my permission?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did you, (Microsoft) remove my Xbox Networking tab without my permission?: Returned home after being away for 3 weeks only to come back to a missing Xbox Networking tab in my settings on my PC. Not only was my PC in FULL shut down, but you also apparently removed my Xbox...
  9. Why did Microsoft lie to me

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why did Microsoft lie to me: To keep it short recently my email and alot of other things got hacked including my microsoft. Someone full security wiped me from my account and removed all my details and put my account under a...
  10. Why did Microsoft remove Diablo 4 from my account and say I'm being refunded?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why did Microsoft remove Diablo 4 from my account and say I'm being refunded?: I attempted to sign onto my Diablo 4 game and was given a message that Microsoft had deleted my game and was going to receive a refund. I was never given a notice that I did something wrong. I had...