Why did I suddenly start getting lag spikes while playing games?

Discus and support Why did I suddenly start getting lag spikes while playing games? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I play on PC, I have no issues outside of gaming and get about 500-600mbps download and upload speeds with and without an ethernet connection. I never... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JustinN29, Dec 15, 2023.

1. JustinN29
    JustinN29 Guest

I play on PC, I have no issues outside of gaming and get about 500-600mbps download and upload speeds with and without an ethernet connection. I never used to have any of these issues until I came back from a vacation and it's been a few months of me trying to fix it by resetting my modem, troubleshooting, etc. I also tested to see if I have any packet loss on ping plotter but I don't know what this is supposed to mean.
    Why did I suddenly start getting lag spikes while playing games? [​IMG]

Why did I suddenly start getting lag spikes while playing games? [​IMG]

:)

JustinN29, Dec 15, 2023
  2. vVv Wonderwall Win User

Extreme Lag Spikes During Games

[View:http://www.pingtest.net/result/81055446.png]

that is the results from Pingtest.net

I have not contacted my ISP yet but I have been gaming for a long time on xbox and this is the first time I have ever experienced these lag spikes.

This was ran while in a game of Black Ops 2.

Without these are my results (during lag spike):

http://www.pingtest.net/result/81055572.png

This was tested while a lag spiked happened while in my xbox live party when my friend was talking and then his voice got choppy
  3. SKInnYDUBz Win User

May 19 update: causing random lag spikes for original xbox 360 elite.

message me back on ..i think i have same damn issue..i get the same ur expieriencing while playin halo reach...ever since i moved i got an awsome connection supposedly but then y do i still get lag spikes 36d 8 up should not spike even when im
    off host and if im host my friends in same game get lag
  4. DnxtLevel Win User

High Latency on xbox one

ok im playing on wireless and I ran the ping while playing. I was playing fine and when I backed out, this is when it started. Sometimes it will spike while im playing or right after I back out to the home screen. Here are the results when it started lagging:

64.233.168.106: bytes=32 time 2806 ms ttl 46

5. The Queen999999 Win User

Can't connect

I was able to play fine the other week, and then suddenly it started to make me lag during games and then it disconnects me from the internet.
  6. jevster-0E220E0D-A36 Win User

party chat will not work

the packet loss is new it started a while ago but according to xbox its on there part and it should be fixed once they sort the packet loss but the thing is i was playing with the 100% packet loss and no problems but then a lag spike happend and even when
    fixed i can only party chat for about 10 seconds
Thema:

1. Why did I suddenly start getting lag spikes while playing games? - Similar Threads - Why did suddenly

2. Why did I spend over 100$s for this Xbox elite controller....smh it's poor to say the least...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did I spend over 100$s for this Xbox elite controller....smh it's poor to say the least...: THIS CONTROLLER IS NOT BETTER THEN THE ORIGINAL VERSION. IT JUST COST MORE AND IS VERY FRUSTRATING... PLEASE STOP MAKING THESE CONTROLLERS.. ANYTHING THAT COMES APART INN COMPETITIVE GAMES SHOULD...
  3. Why Xbox deleted most of my captures even though I did not exceed the Xbox network storage...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why Xbox deleted most of my captures even though I did not exceed the Xbox network storage...: I thought that Xbox was only deleting it for players who exceeded the storage limit but instead did it to everyone. Why Microsoft, you are literally the richest company in this world yet you can't...
  4. Why did I get banned for my gamerpic?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did I get banned for my gamerpic?: I just got two strikes and am banned for two days because of my gamer pic/profile picture. It is just a simple picture of me, nothing offensive or anything else like that (I do not wish to show...
  5. why did i not get the email with the code/ redeem info

in XBoX on Windows
    why did i not get the email with the code/ redeem info: i have video proof if needed. 5288a975-c7fa-4054-9ebf-12249cab8f4a
  6. Why did I get banned for a year when all I did was try and change my profile picture?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why did I get banned for a year when all I did was try and change my profile picture?: So the other day I was trying to change my profile picture to a funny pic of my friend and the background had a confederate flag and him holding a shotgun not even real well I tried to upload that...
  7. Why did you take money from me

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did you take money from me: You guys took 100 bucks from me why? 349cd83a-0f14-4518-b612-e09779c39432
  8. So why did my Xbox series x and 360 all of a sudden tell me I couldn't play Black ops 1...

in XBoX on Consoles
    So why did my Xbox series x and 360 all of a sudden tell me I couldn't play Black ops 1...: I've heard that sometimes it's either the servers that tank or that some Microsoft engineers just like messing with paying customers? Error code : 8015190E 0c7de9e7-a8c8-4c36-96d7-c82a6823deb4
  9. Why did my Elite Series 2 Controller suddenly stop working?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did my Elite Series 2 Controller suddenly stop working?: Today I tried to to turn on my Elite Series 2 Controller and it didn't turn on, it was working perfectly fine yesterday, but now it just won't turn on. I use it with an Xbox Series X and i've used...
  10. Why did my headphones suddenly get quiet on my monitor?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did my headphones suddenly get quiet on my monitor?: Recently I have been having issues with the audio on my computer. My headphones (Soundcore space one) were working just fine plugged into my Dell S2721HGF. The next time I turned on my computer,...