why did i get charged

Discus and support why did i get charged in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; i turne of my recurring bill on my xbox for game pass and i switched to pc using the same account and i got charged for game pass even though it was... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by CONNOR SHETTY, Dec 15, 2023.

1. why did i get charged

i turne of my recurring bill on my xbox for game pass and i switched to pc using the same account and i got charged for game pass even though it was turned of i turned of the subscription again in 5 min of being charged can i still get a refund?

:)

CONNOR SHETTY, Dec 15, 2023
  2. Stephanie Dequito Win User

why did i get charged

Hi Connor! My name is Stephanie and I'm more than happy to help you out!

According to this article: (support.xbox.com/en-US/help/subscriptions-billing/manage-subscriptions/cancel-recurring-billing-or-subscription)

"You can cancel an Xbox subscription at any time. Turning off recurring billing will stop future charges for a subscription and grant you its benefits until its expiration date. You may also be eligible to cancel immediately with a refund; however, not all subscription charges can be refunded.

This refund policy doesn’t affect any additional rights you may have under applicable law and doesn’t apply to prepaid retail subscription codes, which are subject to the return policies of the retailer from which you purchased the code.
    Important Refund requests that are outside of the cancellation processes above are not eligible for a refund.

To cancel or turn off recurring billing and to check refund eligibility from your mobile or desktop browser:

1. Go to Services & subscriptions and sign in with the Microsoft account you used to purchase your subscription. It’s important to use that account.
    Services & subscriptions

2. Find your subscription and select Manage.
    Note that if you see Turn on recurring billing instead of a link that says Manage, this means your subscription is already set to expire on the date shown and you won’t be charged after this date. You can continue to use the subscription’s benefits until it expires.

3. Select Cancel subscription and follow the instructions.

Important: That if you’re eligible for a refund, you’ll see an option to cancel immediately with a refund."

Kind regards,
    Stephanie
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Why did I get double charged for mW2

Hi and thanks for reaching Microsoft Xbox gamer's community. My name is Josef.
    I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft Xbox user like you.

Hope you're doing great today despite this Nathaniel

Please double check something. If you go to your Microsoft account order history here
    https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders

Are you able to see two transactions for MWII or only one?
    If it’s only one, please tell me. Did you get charged the same price at the same time? Or one day a charge and the next day the other ?
  4. Hoskayra Win User

Why did I get charged for Gamepass twice?

Hello MedievalMagoo, my name is Oskayra, and I will be happy to help you.

Beforehand, it is important that you keep in mind that this is a public community forum, so we are players like you, we are not employees of Microsoft or Xbox, so we do not have access to any user account or check anything from the forum. All users help each other with common problems.

I am very sorry for the problem you are going through. I was researching in one of the Microsoft forums and found this article (https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/d32d3897-8a38-482f-a10e-79e1e6fda378)">https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/d32d3897-8a38-482f-a10e-79e1e6fda378) Gerardo C. independent advisor , shows that the solution to the problem can be solved by following these steps:

"To request a refund of the second charge, please fill out the following form with the information requested:

https://support.xbox.com/forms/request-a-refund

Make sure you choose "Billing error" as the reason and then "Duplicate charges for the same item."

The purchase order number can be found at the following link: "

https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders/

Information Source (Credits): https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/d32d3897-8a38-482f-a10e-79e1e6fda378

Thank you for your patience, I hope everything can be resolved. I will be attentive to your response. Blessings.

Sincerely,
    Oskayra.
  5. smileskybird Win User

So why did I get charged for halo spartan ****?

I'm logged onto my Xbox 1 console and it says FREE on the Dash. I checked my online ANZ statements and nothing has gone out from Xbox or anyone. Since I like-like Halo, and it's free, I'm downloading. I'll give the game a try before going to sleep :)
  6. Miguel Molina O Win User

why did i get charged twice for a gamertag change?

Hi, and thanks for reaching out. My name is Miguel O., Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue!

I would suggest contacting support to see why that happen and try to ask for a refund, but generally, there are no refunds on Gamertag changes.

http://support.xbox.com/contact-us

Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.
Thema:

why did i get charged

1. why did i get charged - Similar Threads - why did charged

2. Why did I spend over 100$s for this Xbox elite controller....smh it's poor to say the least...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did I spend over 100$s for this Xbox elite controller....smh it's poor to say the least...: THIS CONTROLLER IS NOT BETTER THEN THE ORIGINAL VERSION. IT JUST COST MORE AND IS VERY FRUSTRATING... PLEASE STOP MAKING THESE CONTROLLERS.. ANYTHING THAT COMES APART INN COMPETITIVE GAMES SHOULD...
  3. Why Xbox deleted most of my captures even though I did not exceed the Xbox network storage...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why Xbox deleted most of my captures even though I did not exceed the Xbox network storage...: I thought that Xbox was only deleting it for players who exceeded the storage limit but instead did it to everyone. Why Microsoft, you are literally the richest company in this world yet you can't...
  4. Why did I get banned for my gamerpic?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did I get banned for my gamerpic?: I just got two strikes and am banned for two days because of my gamer pic/profile picture. It is just a simple picture of me, nothing offensive or anything else like that (I do not wish to show...
  5. why did i not get the email with the code/ redeem info

in XBoX on Windows
    why did i not get the email with the code/ redeem info: i have video proof if needed. 5288a975-c7fa-4054-9ebf-12249cab8f4a
  6. Why did I get banned for a year when all I did was try and change my profile picture?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why did I get banned for a year when all I did was try and change my profile picture?: So the other day I was trying to change my profile picture to a funny pic of my friend and the background had a confederate flag and him holding a shotgun not even real well I tried to upload that...
  7. Why did you take money from me

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did you take money from me: You guys took 100 bucks from me why? 349cd83a-0f14-4518-b612-e09779c39432
  8. Why did my Micro SD card randomly become write protected?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did my Micro SD card randomly become write protected?: Around a month ago, I put a different Micro SD card in my computers adapter than usual, and it was write protected, I didn't think much of it and just put my regular one back in, but that one was...
  9. Why did you guys now charge me for 2k24 after I already preordered it?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did you guys now charge me for 2k24 after I already preordered it?: So I preordered 2k24 the day it was up for preordering, it says I have the game but at the same nothing was taking out of my account yet. So now all of a sudden today I get the charge but my bank...
  10. why did i get charged twice for a gamertag change?

in XBoX Accessibility
    why did i get charged twice for a gamertag change?: as you can see there are two different order numbers for two different payments and the same charge for the same thing two different times a24b19b2-01ca-4c53-942d-a1dba0cfa474