why did i get charged twice for a gamertag change?

Discus and support why did i get charged twice for a gamertag change? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; as you can see there are two different order numbers for two different payments and the same charge for the same thing two different times... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Brethan Barnhill, Jul 12, 2023.

1. why did i get charged twice for a gamertag change?

as you can see there are two different order numbers for two different payments and the same charge for the same thing two different times

:)

Brethan Barnhill, Jul 12, 2023
  2. Miguel Molina O Win User

Hi, and thanks for reaching out. My name is Miguel O., Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue!

I would suggest contacting support to see why that happen and try to ask for a refund, but generally, there are no refunds on Gamertag changes.

http://support.xbox.com/contact-us

Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.
  3. joel fehrman Win User

I was charged twice for the same thing
  4. Hoskayra Win User

Why did I get charged for Gamepass twice?

Hello MedievalMagoo, my name is Oskayra, and I will be happy to help you.

Beforehand, it is important that you keep in mind that this is a public community forum, so we are players like you, we are not employees of Microsoft or Xbox, so we do not have access to any user account or check anything from the forum. All users help each other with common problems.

I am very sorry for the problem you are going through. I was researching in one of the Microsoft forums and found this article (https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/d32d3897-8a38-482f-a10e-79e1e6fda378)">https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/d32d3897-8a38-482f-a10e-79e1e6fda378) Gerardo C. independent advisor , shows that the solution to the problem can be solved by following these steps:

"To request a refund of the second charge, please fill out the following form with the information requested:

https://support.xbox.com/forms/request-a-refund

Make sure you choose "Billing error" as the reason and then "Duplicate charges for the same item."

The purchase order number can be found at the following link: "

https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders/

Information Source (Credits): https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/d32d3897-8a38-482f-a10e-79e1e6fda378

Thank you for your patience, I hope everything can be resolved. I will be attentive to your response. Blessings.

Sincerely,
    Oskayra.
  5. Jason Lazette Win User

Why can't we have a free gamertag change like we did with the 360

In the 360 days i had some friend that wanted to change out gamertag so they would have their friends submit a complaint that it was offensive(even if it wasn't) and after a few days they would get a message from MS saying they have to change it, free
    of charge! It was sneaky, but it worked. they only did it once or twice cuz after awhile they thought they would get perma banned or consoled banned 😈
  6. Dirty Loco Win User

Xbox live customer support lost when customers are fraudulently charged

[quote user="RafikiBrutal"]Get gamertag back and play a round of Halo Reach, upset because account wasn't locked like i was informed it would be, so person who took my gamertag could still use my credit card.[/quote]I have to
    ask. At this point, why did you not did you not change the email and/or password on the gamertag, and contact your credit card company over the charges?
Thema:

1. why did i get charged twice for a gamertag change? - Similar Threads - why did charged

2. Why did I spend over 100$s for this Xbox elite controller....smh it's poor to say the least...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why did I spend over 100$s for this Xbox elite controller....smh it's poor to say the least...: THIS CONTROLLER IS NOT BETTER THEN THE ORIGINAL VERSION. IT JUST COST MORE AND IS VERY FRUSTRATING... PLEASE STOP MAKING THESE CONTROLLERS.. ANYTHING THAT COMES APART INN COMPETITIVE GAMES SHOULD...
  3. Why Xbox deleted most of my captures even though I did not exceed the Xbox network storage...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why Xbox deleted most of my captures even though I did not exceed the Xbox network storage...: I thought that Xbox was only deleting it for players who exceeded the storage limit but instead did it to everyone. Why Microsoft, you are literally the richest company in this world yet you can't...
  4. Why did I get banned for my gamerpic?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did I get banned for my gamerpic?: I just got two strikes and am banned for two days because of my gamer pic/profile picture. It is just a simple picture of me, nothing offensive or anything else like that (I do not wish to show...
  5. why did i not get the email with the code/ redeem info

in XBoX on Windows
    why did i not get the email with the code/ redeem info: i have video proof if needed. 5288a975-c7fa-4054-9ebf-12249cab8f4a
  6. Why did I get banned for a year when all I did was try and change my profile picture?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why did I get banned for a year when all I did was try and change my profile picture?: So the other day I was trying to change my profile picture to a funny pic of my friend and the background had a confederate flag and him holding a shotgun not even real well I tried to upload that...
  7. Why did you take money from me

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did you take money from me: You guys took 100 bucks from me why? 349cd83a-0f14-4518-b612-e09779c39432
  8. Why did my Micro SD card randomly become write protected?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did my Micro SD card randomly become write protected?: Around a month ago, I put a different Micro SD card in my computers adapter than usual, and it was write protected, I didn't think much of it and just put my regular one back in, but that one was...
  9. why did i get charged

in XBoX on Windows
    why did i get charged: i turne of my recurring bill on my xbox for game pass and i switched to pc using the same account and i got charged for game pass even though it was turned of i turned of the subscription again in...
  10. Why did you guys now charge me for 2k24 after I already preordered it?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did you guys now charge me for 2k24 after I already preordered it?: So I preordered 2k24 the day it was up for preordering, it says I have the game but at the same nothing was taking out of my account yet. So now all of a sudden today I get the charge but my bank...