Why did I get banned for a year when all I did was try and change my profile picture?

Discus and support Why did I get banned for a year when all I did was try and change my profile picture? in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; So the other day I was trying to change my profile picture to a funny pic of my friend and the background had a confederate flag and him holding a... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by HeyImCHOUNK, May 30, 2024.

1. HeyImCHOUNK
    HeyImCHOUNK Guest

Why did I get banned for a year when all I did was try and change my profile picture?

So the other day I was trying to change my profile picture to a funny pic of my friend and the background had a confederate flag and him holding a shotgun not even real well I tried to upload that picture twice and after about 30 minutes I get a “your account has been suspended find out why” and I have 2 suspensions for the same thing and 3 strikes each so it put me over the strike limit and now I’m communication banned for 366 days for a pfp. I’ve tried contacting Microsoft service agents and nothing has worked I’ve submitted both appeals and both got denied. My only source of entertainment has been taken given I don’t have much to do after school. What should I do.

:)

HeyImCHOUNK, May 30, 2024
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

3. Lumie Helps Win User

Hi there HeyImCHOUNK. I am Lumie and I would love to assist you today.

I am sorry you are having issues with the banning system on Xbox.

You can find all your bans and their reasons here: [support.xbox.com/help/family-online-safety/enforcement/enforcement-history]. You can also appeal all non-permanent bans here also. It is up to the enforcement team whether they validate the appeal. You cannot reappeal. If they deny you, there is genuinely nothing else to be done. It cannot be escalated. You must make a new account.

I hope this helps.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance. -Lumie

Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.
  4. HeyImCHOUNK Win User

Wow then I really have nothing else to say. Extremely unfortunate.
  5. justice for faze w b Win User

Could I get my main account unbanned?

I was comm banned a around a week before all this for my profile picture. But I can't find any other reason for why I was banned. The worst thing I can think of that I did on Xbox recently was that I messaged another person the strait faced emoji because I lost to him paint mashing on 2k, but I know it could not have been that because when I went to check why I was banned (before it was telling me "Sorry, we can't get notifications right now. Try again later") it said I was banned for my profile picture, although I only changed it once since I was comm banned and it was to a Russell Westbrook selfie with the caption "Selfie Sunday". Overall, that was really all of the activity on my account so unless any of that goes against TOS, I don't think I deserve to be permanently banned.
  6. BenFisher1 Win User

Friend Banned From Xbox Live

This is why im getting a ps4 i got banned from some guy and friends when i did nothing wrong. And since i used to game share with him he gave my password out to all his friends and one of them tried to get me perma banned by putting my profile picture
    as something dirty but lucky i change my password bit i still been banned for about a week and when its over they do it agon and again and xbox wont do anything about because they just dont care like honesly i had to make a another accoint just to talk to
    my friend s this is why xbox is trash
Thema:

1. Why did I get banned for a year when all I did was try and change my profile picture? - Similar Threads - Why did banned

2. Why did I get banned for my gamerpic?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why did I get banned for my gamerpic?: I just got two strikes and am banned for two days because of my gamer pic/profile picture. It is just a simple picture of me, nothing offensive or anything else like that (I do not wish to show...
  3. Why did I get a permenant ban

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did I get a permenant ban: All of a sudden, my console received a perma ban I just want to know how to get this lifted. I never did anything wrong I'm only 12 and I only play games with friends and all of a sudden my...
  4. Why did I get banned cause I killed some kids in a game so him and his buddies reported me...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did I get banned cause I killed some kids in a game so him and his buddies reported me...: I killed some kids in a video game having his buddies reported me for something and when my band got denied, it said something about sexual even though I haven’t just because I’m good at a game I...
  5. Why did i get banned for no reason

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did i get banned for no reason: My account has been banned for no reason at all and i know i have not done anything at all to get this permanent ban on my xbox also with all of this i have spent thousands of dollars on this xbox...
  6. Why did I get banned over a dumb pfp? In addition it didn't let me put on pfp so I got...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did I get banned over a dumb pfp? In addition it didn't let me put on pfp so I got...: So I tried to use a pfp with Mario putting the middle finger as a joke it wasn't supposed to offend people I had no bad intentions and I'm sorry 0221c5f2-9c7d-4092-b8cb-fd597319a8dc
  7. Why did you ban me i went to history and did not see why.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did you ban me i went to history and did not see why.: I looked and I i still don't know why 579e31df-2d59-4473-903c-630e2a51b6a7
  8. Why did I get banned for saying “lmao ur horrif”

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why did I get banned for saying “lmao ur horrif”: I was fighting some girl and said “lmao ur horrif” and got banned and when I go to the enforcement page it won’t even let me submit and appeal to get it removed? 009b30b2-c6c1-4967-b580-58748a007f36
  9. Why did I get banned after I pre-ordered MW3?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why did I get banned after I pre-ordered MW3?: I was permabanned in warzone 2 for no reason. Same reason everyone gets banned for (unauthorized use of data...) Before I was banned, I pre-ordered MW3 and the next day I got permabanned. As of...
  10. Why am i banned when i did comepletely nothing i have no reason to be banned

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why am i banned when i did comepletely nothing i have no reason to be banned: I got banned for nothing, i was playing seige then got banned i dont have a mic n i dont message anyone 95069c8f-a958-4176-ba5f-f51d6d9e1a60