Why can’t Xbox players join a custom server in Minecraft?

Discus and support Why can’t Xbox players join a custom server in Minecraft? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have an Xbox and the only servers I can join are the featured servers (Hive, CubeCraft, etc…). Bedrock on PC can add custom servers but for some... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by jake speckman, Jan 2, 2024.

1. Why can’t Xbox players join a custom server in Minecraft?

I have an Xbox and the only servers I can join are the featured servers (Hive, CubeCraft, etc…). Bedrock on PC can add custom servers but for some reason console cannot. I have tried to find a reason for this lack of functionality but nobody has answered the question. The only thing I could find is that console players can’t be trusted with the ability to join private servers because they are on average much younger than pc players. This is obviously an odd reason because the player base on pc is also very young. Another reason I have seen is that Microsoft can’t implement it. This does not make sense either because many people have been able to add the functionality using third party apps, which would be much harder to make. And Mojang employees should be much more skilled than the people making these apps which are mainly “passion projects.” I’m not necessarily looking for a way to circumvent this limitation, but more an actually good reason for why Mojang hasn’t added support for custom servers with so many people asking for it.

:)

jake speckman, Jan 2, 2024
  2. Jhonkito Win User

Hi Jake, my name is Jhon, and will be a pleasure help you

Joining Minecraft servers from Xbox can be somewhat complicated for users who do not know the steps to follow. Although from computers it is as simple as selecting the “add a server” option on Xbox, we do not have this option directly. Therefore, today we are going to teach you how to connect to Minecraft servers from Xbox so you can join your friends.

Please note that Minecraft has more than one different version and the Java PC version and the Xbox console edition are not the same version. So to be able to join a private server from Xbox consoles, the steps to follow are a little different, and on our console we will have to modify a couple of sections so that everything works as it should.

You can consult all the steps to follow through the following link:

https://www.somosxbox.com/como-unirse-a-servidores-de-minecraft-desde-xbox/980182
    Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

So you can see everything in detail

I hope the information I gave you has been useful, have a happy day.
  3. Amanda L. Roberts Win User

Unable to connect to Minecraft world, 2 Xboxes in the same house

I’m her only Minecraft friend. I can’t join her and she can’t join me.
  4. Redshirt1701 Win User

Minecraft realm for family, children can't login

From Minecraft/Microsoft -

https://minecraft.net/en-us/article/minecraft-multiplayer-server-safety

“Join Multiplayer Games” Settings
    If you have your settings set to block joining multiplayer games, you can’t join any multiplayer games in Minecraft, including shared local worlds, Realms or servers. To enable multiplayer in Minecraft, make sure this setting is set to ‘Allow.’

However, just like ASCllnaut, that setting was already turned on for my children. In other words I'm in the same boat, we can play on the LAN but not on a realm.
  5. Duo Vandal Win User

Custom skins?

Each player gets a random skin usually by the order they join the server with the Server host being the default skin. Custom skins for yourself and others will be added later.
  6. OpticRJames Win User

Why can’t I join Minecraft servers and realms?

Hi there. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

It seems that you are using a child account. So what you will need to do first is to create a parent account on https://account.live.com, make sure it is a parent account and the birth date should be above 21 years old then login to the Microsoft account on Xbox.com to create a profile.

Once the parent profile has been created, please follow the steps on this link to add your child account with the parent, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12417/...

After doing the steps above, sign in to the parent account using this link, https://account.xbox.com/settings

Select your child account there so that we can modify the privacy settings of it then under the tab Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety.

Be sure the options You can create and join clubs and You can join multiplayer games are allowed.
Thema:

1. Why can’t Xbox players join a custom server in Minecraft? - Similar Threads - Why can’t players

2. Why can’t I get my V-bucks gift card to redeem?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I get my V-bucks gift card to redeem?: Hey! My brother recently gave me a gift card for 2800 vbucks and i wanted to redeem it. So i went to Fortnite.com and went to redeem my code. It let me put in the code, but after i did that it...
  3. Why can’t I play split screen and online with friends at same time in human fall flat?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I play split screen and online with friends at same time in human fall flat?: Is there any way to play split screen on human fall flat and online at the same time? 98967722-9b3e-4cdd-8530-75181ef4125f
  4. Why can’t I access Xbox at all?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I access Xbox at all?: My sister has a Microsoft account and can log into Minecraft just fine, but when I try to access anything else Xbox related it just signs me out. I know this isn’t an internet issue because I...
  5. Why can’t I play single player on games that offer both- single and multiplayer options?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can’t I play single player on games that offer both- single and multiplayer options?: I have Minecraft and other games that allow you to play solo, no multiplayer. When I click the game it says “ looks like you need to renew Xbox game pass. If your subscriptions current try...
  6. Why can’t I play final shape my 10 days went through it took money out of my account and it...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I play final shape my 10 days went through it took money out of my account and it...: So what’s happening here 7ed89430-0298-4b16-a1d1-f59db3a60805
  7. I can’t figure out why I cannot connect to parties or games even when my internet is connected.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t figure out why I cannot connect to parties or games even when my internet is connected.: About 2 weeks ago I all of a sudden could not join parties, or even connect to online games. When I go to network settings it says I am connected, and that my NAT type is open, but when I join a...
  8. Why can’t I talk to people through my Xbox after I went through a suspension, it was...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I talk to people through my Xbox after I went through a suspension, it was...: Got comms banned waited till I was un banned and I still can’t speak to people a41bc0f5-01be-4c3d-922a-f89eda451e3b
  9. Why can’t I communicate with other players after suspension is lifted?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can’t I communicate with other players after suspension is lifted?: I had a two week suspension because I said the “f” word when I died. I got a two week suspension. It lifted. I still can’t communicate with other players. What do I do?...
  10. Why can’t my wife and I play multi player on snowrunner without paying extra?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t my wife and I play multi player on snowrunner without paying extra?: Wife and I bought Snowrunner because it’s multiplayer and seemed fun. Hit co-op and you need Live?! We’re using the same Xbox. Why can’t we play the game we bought together without paying extra?...