Why can’t we use Microsoft account balance to purchase digital xbox gift card?

Discus and support Why can’t we use Microsoft account balance to purchase digital xbox gift card? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My son was unable to purchase Vbucks on his Xbox console (previously he has had no issues). He was prompted to “ask a parent” for help. That sent an... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Lou Ryan, Jun 19, 2023.

1. Lou Ryan
    Lou Ryan Guest

My son was unable to purchase Vbucks on his Xbox console (previously he has had no issues). He was prompted to “ask a parent” for help. That sent an email to his father, who then used PayPal to add $50 to my son’s Microsoft account. We have then tried to purchase an Xbox digital gift card using the $50 Microsoft account balance, but we are unable to add “microsoft account balance” as a payment option. We are only given PayPal or credit card. We have been googling for help, but nothing is helping us. In microsoft account, where it shows the $50 balance, we have even selected the “manage” option, but all that does is show the account balance (again) and give us the option to exit or close. Please let me know how we can buy a digital Xbox gift card using the microsoft account balance.Thank you

:)

Lou Ryan, Jun 19, 2023
  2. steeledwand7664 Win User

LIED TO BY A ONLINE CHAT HELPER

Once you put the xbox gift card onto your account and its in your Microsoft account balance you can then go to microsoftstore.com and sign in with the account that has the gift card money on it and purchase a xbox live digital subscription card and when
    going through the checkout process it will give you the option to use the Microsoft account balance to make the purchase. it will then give you a new 25 character code to put in that will give you the amount of time that you purchased on a live subscription.
  3. Smwutches Win User

can xbox or microsoft gift cards buy in game purchases?

Microsoft gift cards and Xbox gift cards are essentially the same thing. They both add funds to your Microsoft account balance. So if the game allows you to use your Microsoft account balance on the purchase, then either gift card will work.
  4. Lou Ryan Win User

Thanks for the reply. If the Microsoft account balance is essentially a gift card, is there a way to use that to purchase Vbucks? If not, what can we do to facilitate the purchase of Vbucks (or are we really limited with what that Microsoft account balance can buy us?)?

And would you happen to know why the Xbox all of a sudden wouldn’t accept Vbucks purchases via the usual way (PayPal) and sent my son down the path of having to ask a parent (the purchase the Microsoft credit)?
  5. Smwutches Win User

Gift cards cannot be used to purchase gift cards. The Microsoft account balance is essentially the same as a gift card since funds typically come from Xbox gift cards.
  6. Hoskayra Win User

Can’t use balance on my Xbox gift card

Hi, Rob my name is oskayra, and will be a pleasure help you

sorry to hear that you can't use the balance on your xbox gift card, but let's try to solve the problem. There are a few reasons why you might not be able to use your Xbox gift card balance to make a purchase. Here are a few things to check:

Make sure the purchase is eligible for Xbox gift card balance. Not all purchases are eligible for Xbox gift card balance. For example, subscriptions, pre-orders, and certain digital items may not be eligible.

Check the region of your Xbox gift card and your account. The region of your Xbox gift card must match the region of your Xbox account. If they don't match, you won't be able to use the gift card balance.

Make sure your Xbox gift card is active. If your Xbox gift card was redeemed with another account, you won't be able to use it.

Check your payment settings. Make sure that you have Xbox gift card balance selected as your default payment method. To do this, go to Settings > Account > Payment & billing > Payment options and select Xbox gift card balance.

Try restarting your Xbox console. Sometimes, a simple restart can fix glitches or software conflicts.

If you have checked all of these things and you are still unable to use your Xbox gift card balance, you may need to contact Xbox Support for further assistance. They may be able to identify a specific issue with your account or the gift card.

Here is the link to Xbox Support:

https://support.xbox.com/

Remember that this is a public forum of the microsoft community where we are players like yo who try to help/guide other players to find the solution to the problems they are experiencing , however we do not belong to microsoft, this means that we do not have access to the aacounts or information of other players

I really hope your problem has been fixed with my help, let me know it and have a nice day. Oskayra.
Thema:

1. Why can’t we use Microsoft account balance to purchase digital xbox gift card? - Similar Threads - Why can’t Microsoft

2. Why can’t I get my V-bucks gift card to redeem?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I get my V-bucks gift card to redeem?: Hey! My brother recently gave me a gift card for 2800 vbucks and i wanted to redeem it. So i went to Fortnite.com and went to redeem my code. It let me put in the code, but after i did that it...
  3. Why can’t I play split screen and online with friends at same time in human fall flat?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I play split screen and online with friends at same time in human fall flat?: Is there any way to play split screen on human fall flat and online at the same time? 98967722-9b3e-4cdd-8530-75181ef4125f
  4. Why can’t I access Xbox at all?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I access Xbox at all?: My sister has a Microsoft account and can log into Minecraft just fine, but when I try to access anything else Xbox related it just signs me out. I know this isn’t an internet issue because I...
  5. Why can’t I see and purchase from a Microsoft rewards gift card?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I see and purchase from a Microsoft rewards gift card?: I claimed a $1.25 digital gift card and it’s not showing up and then I bought a $25 gift card and I still don’t see it when I try to purchase something 824ea680-9623-473b-af6a-0476a4603b5d
  6. Why when I try to quick chat in rocket league I can’t because of Microsoft chat ban

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why when I try to quick chat in rocket league I can’t because of Microsoft chat ban: Why the hell am I banned from quick chatting in a game I can’t even quick chat to any of my team8’s how are they able to control that much when I try to quick chat “nice shot” i get that stupid...
  7. Why can’t I login to my Microsoft Account on Minecraft on my Switch?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I login to my Microsoft Account on Minecraft on my Switch?: Everytime for the past week or so I try logging into my Microsoft account on Minecraft on my Switch, I get the error code: Drowned. I’ve tried multiple things to fix this and nothing will work....
  8. Why can’t I customize the keyboard on Microsoft edge on my Xbox a photo and put a photo on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I customize the keyboard on Microsoft edge on my Xbox a photo and put a photo on...: What can I put a photo on the Xbox keyboard off the edge and why can I switch the start up screen on the Xbox series X start up screen to the Xbox one X type screen be pretty cool just some ideas...
  9. Why can’t I use my Microsoft account on Minecraft?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I use my Microsoft account on Minecraft?: I play Minecraft on PlayStation and in order to do cross-play you need a Microsoft account. I had one and used it to log in on my switch so when I tried to use it on PlayStation it kept giving me...
  10. Why can’t I access the market or live weather settings in Microsoft flight simulator?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I access the market or live weather settings in Microsoft flight simulator?: I can access any of the live options on the flight sim. With weather i am only able to pick the present setting. Custom weather won’t ever work. So I’m stuck with just perfect sky’s which isn’t...