Why can’t we turn off the share button, sure it’s fine for little kids, but not 25-60yrs old..

Discus and support Why can’t we turn off the share button, sure it’s fine for little kids, but not 25-60yrs old.. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I’m so tired of having to delete 25, or even 50 screen shots, or finding out I’ve got 30 ,30 second 4k HDR videos sucking up my storage space..come on... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by gnxx, Feb 7, 2022.

1. gnxx
    gnxx Guest

Why can’t we turn off the share button, sure it’s fine for little kids, but not 25-60yrs old..

I’m so tired of having to delete 25, or even 50 screen shots, or finding out I’ve got 30 ,30 second 4k HDR videos sucking up my storage space..come on guys, the share button isn’t so important that your going to push hardcore customers away from your controllers and into aftermarket one, which may or may not be as good, but why make it so irritating to your customers that we leave, then find out there’s better controllers on the market, ??? Now what, you’ve lost 1000’s and 1000’s of customers slowly till one day you notice a 50% drop in the individual sales of controllers…!!!

It has gotten so irritating to me, that I’ve almost stop playing , infact I used to play as much as 10-12 hrs a day, as I’m a retired DVET who enjoys only having to hang at home on my ranch with my dogs now, and having kids and grand kids, I’ve purchased more controllers than I can count, and so if one customer could impact your sales by at least 5-6 a yr , as yep kid break them, or throw them when mad, just image if 50k parents, players ,etc etc all stop buying your new controller because it’s simply a PIA to deal with..

So pls add a off. Option, or a double tap followed by a 2 second hold down..then we can be happy , and whatever marketable benefits you get from the share button you can continue to have ,and we all can relax and just play the day away..thks..

From a seriously irritated customer, after paying 900$ bucks for a halo s/x console, although that’s another sore spot which we can agree your doing a lack luster job of fighting bots,and scalpers..

:)

gnxx, Feb 7, 2022
  2. XBF - Staniel Win User

Greetings gnxx,

Sorry to hear about your frustrations with this controller feature. I feel for you as well on this cause I myself have accidently tapped this button multiple times in the past to be greeted then by a pop that I didn't want.

The short answer for this is that there is no way to disable the button entirely, yet. I know that it is a widely requested item, but I can't say when or if this becomes a feature later.

There are a couple of work arounds you can do in the meantime.

1) Remap the button to something else

• You can open the Xbox accessories app on your console and chose to configure on the controller
    • choose the profile 1 option at the bottom and then the edit pencil icon at the top
    • Once in the remapping screen, choose the share button

There will only be three options available for now, I would recommend choosing to set both tapping and/or holding the share button be set to screenshots or start/stop recording
    • This should bring down the total amount of shares that happen
    2) Turn off capture sharing entirely on the console.

• Go to your settings
    • From here, just select Preferences > Capture & Share.
    • You can choose to disable captures entirely, specify a clip length, and choose whether to automatically upload.
    Hope this helps for now, I would also recommend throwing this over to the Idea hub to see if we can get more traction to get it implemented. You can find the Reddit Xbox Ideahub here. I will also send this over to people on my team to see what we can do as well.

Happy gaming.!
  3. Vairkjosa Win User

Official Skyrim Party Post

It's a little thing we here in Texas call getting chatty. Just to pass the time and make some new friends really. Although some folks can get too chatty there is with some headsets a little button that turns them off. Just kidding! I'd say that it's more
    of an excuse to share your thoughts and get hints than anything else. Could be really wrong there though. Kind of like the Poker game chat room.
  4. NeonPhyzics Win User

Middle Aged

just turned 39 - didn't think that was old until I plugged in the headset and heard all the KIDS (not teens, not college kids - but little kids
  5. Chaz Of Sparta Win User

MY CHILD WAS HARRASSED for his 1600 Microsoft points!!!

@Pietro

He's probably just a little kid, I'm sure most of us would've done the same if we were little kids and didn't know any better.
  6. WackyJackAttack Win User

Flashing RED light ON the Power button

I'm having the same issue. Power supply is good. Only 1 1/2 years old. When I push power button, it turns green for a split second, then turns immediantly red, flashes 10 times, then shuts off. How can it just all of a sudden not work? A $350 machine should
    last longer then that. Any ideas, can I try a manual reset of some sorts? Any help would be greatly appreciated, I have 2 little kids very upset.
Thema:

1. Why can’t we turn off the share button, sure it’s fine for little kids, but not 25-60yrs old.. - Similar Threads - Why can’t turn

2. Why can’t I get my V-bucks gift card to redeem?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I get my V-bucks gift card to redeem?: Hey! My brother recently gave me a gift card for 2800 vbucks and i wanted to redeem it. So i went to Fortnite.com and went to redeem my code. It let me put in the code, but after i did that it...
  3. Why can’t I play split screen and online with friends at same time in human fall flat?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I play split screen and online with friends at same time in human fall flat?: Is there any way to play split screen on human fall flat and online at the same time? 98967722-9b3e-4cdd-8530-75181ef4125f
  4. Why can’t I access Xbox at all?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I access Xbox at all?: My sister has a Microsoft account and can log into Minecraft just fine, but when I try to access anything else Xbox related it just signs me out. I know this isn’t an internet issue because I...
  5. Why can’t I play single player on games that offer both- single and multiplayer options?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can’t I play single player on games that offer both- single and multiplayer options?: I have Minecraft and other games that allow you to play solo, no multiplayer. When I click the game it says “ looks like you need to renew Xbox game pass. If your subscriptions current try...
  6. Why can’t I play final shape my 10 days went through it took money out of my account and it...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I play final shape my 10 days went through it took money out of my account and it...: So what’s happening here 7ed89430-0298-4b16-a1d1-f59db3a60805
  7. I can’t figure out why I cannot connect to parties or games even when my internet is connected.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t figure out why I cannot connect to parties or games even when my internet is connected.: About 2 weeks ago I all of a sudden could not join parties, or even connect to online games. When I go to network settings it says I am connected, and that my NAT type is open, but when I join a...
  8. Why can’t I talk to people through my Xbox after I went through a suspension, it was...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I talk to people through my Xbox after I went through a suspension, it was...: Got comms banned waited till I was un banned and I still can’t speak to people a41bc0f5-01be-4c3d-922a-f89eda451e3b
  9. Why can’t I play Fortnite Any more I keeps asking for parents to hit and allow you to play...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I play Fortnite Any more I keeps asking for parents to hit and allow you to play...: Why won’t you let me play Fortnite any more it says it needs 83.39GB and won’t let me in stall c29f4729-c0cc-4f66-b023-cb6fe76e126e
  10. Can’t get into games, don’t know why

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t get into games, don’t know why: When I try to get into games, I get stuck or kicked out. For Fortnite and R6, I get stuck in the loading screen for the game, and for others like 2K and minecraft, I get sent back to the xbox home...