Why can’t the ability to buy content. Without a designated home Xbox console, you can't...

Discus and support Why can’t the ability to buy content. Without a designated home Xbox console, you can't... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I was recently banned in my main Xbox account were I have all my games so when I try and play a game that cost money that I bought digitally it doesn’t... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by juvenal corona, Nov 17, 2023.

1. Why can’t the ability to buy content. Without a designated home Xbox console, you can't...

I was recently banned in my main Xbox account were I have all my games so when I try and play a game that cost money that I bought digitally it doesn’t let me play because the owner need to sign in.

:)

juvenal corona, Nov 17, 2023
  2. ngocphi Win User

Why can’t the ability to buy content. Without a designated home Xbox console, you can't redownload content through other Xbox profiles.

Well no as your console isn't their home console

You would have to sign into theirs in the proccess breaking the rules
  3. RichieB_ Win User

Why can’t the ability to buy content. Without a designated home Xbox console, you can't redownload content through other Xbox profiles.

Hi juvenal corona,

Thank you for your contribution to the Microsoft Community.

We understand that you need help with your games that you had on your main account that has been banned.

If you still haven't submit a case review for your suspension, you may visit this support article and click Submit Case Review. This is will help us to determine what kind of suspension that you got on your main account. Learn more Xbox enforcement action FAQ | Xbox Support

Also, you can follow the guide that was given on the support article because we don't have any control to the Enforcement Action concern.

I just want to set your expectation that suspension action are handle by dedicated team which the Enforcement Team and we don't have any control or visibility with that anymore. Just file a case review and the Enforcement team will conduct an investigation of your suspension.

Regards,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Ironwilled Win User

Xbox live gold membership account

Hi There,

According to Xbox Enforcement,

Permanent account suspensions & Xbox Live content

In most cases, a permanent Xbox Live account suspension does not remove your games or purchases. Any previously-downloaded games, apps, or features that can be used in an offline mode will still be accessible to the suspended account.
    However, any content or features that require online services will not be usable by the account, such as the ability to purchase new content and, without a designated home Xbox One console, the ability to re-download content through other accounts.

If the account had a designated home Xbox One console, most of the suspended account’s content will still be accessible to other accounts on that home Xbox. This includes the ability to download updates, re-download content, and use
    content online. Keep in mind that consumable game content, any Microsoft account balance, and premium subscription services are not transferable from the suspended account and will not be accessible to other accounts.

For example, if you purchased and installed a game to your home Xbox before receiving a permanent account suspension, your suspended account can still play the game offline if it has a supported offline mode. Other accounts present
    on your home Xbox can continue to access the game’s full online functionality. If another game was downloaded to your home Xbox but deleted prior to the permanent account suspension, other accounts present on the console can re-install the game to the home
    Xbox from the suspended account’s game library.

Therefore, since your account doesn't have the ability to connect to Xbox Live anymore, you can't use your Gold card.

You can try requesting a refund here: https://support.xbox.com/en-CA/refund-orders
  5. Fl0ydPinkert0n Win User

Gamers and Digital Licenses

According to the Xbox Enforcement site, banned accounts can still play their games offline (obviously excludes online games and modes) and other accounts on the console can still play them if the banned account was set as the home.

"In most cases, a permanent Xbox Live account suspension does not remove your games or purchases. Any previously-downloaded games, apps, or features that can be used in an offline mode will still be accessible to the suspended account. However, any content
    or features that require online services will not be usable by the account, such as the ability to purchase new content and, without a designated home Xbox One console, the ability to re-download content through other accounts.

If the account had a designated home Xbox One console, most of the suspended account’s content will still be accessible to other accounts on that home Xbox. This includes the ability to download updates, re-download content, and use content online. Keep
    in mind that consumable game content, any Microsoft account balance, and premium subscription services are not transferable from the suspended account and will not be accessible to other accounts."

https://enforcement.xbox.com/en-US/home/howto#sub-topic0-5

However, if there console became defective, then there would be no way for them to re-download those games since they would be unable to access Xbox Live.
  6. ChiefJoboo Win User

Banned since 2013!

You can play them on an xbox one via my home xbox (if it was set as that before you got banned as you can't set it now since it's banned) but it can't go online. To play it online you will need to purchase it again:

"I got suspended. Does this mean I lose all of my games?

Permanent account suspensions & Xbox Live content

In most cases, a permanent Xbox Live account suspension does not remove your games or purchases. Any previously-downloaded games, apps, or features that can be used in an offline mode will still be accessible to the suspended account. However, any content
    or features that require online services will not be usable by the account, such as the ability to purchase new content and, without a designated home Xbox One console, the ability to re-download content through other accounts.

If the account had a designated home Xbox One console, most of the suspended account’s content will still be accessible to other accounts on that home Xbox. This includes the ability to download updates, re-download content, and use content online. Keep
    in mind that consumable game content, any Microsoft account balance, and premium subscription services are not transferable from the suspended account and will not be accessible to other accounts.

For example, if you purchased and installed a game to your home Xbox before receiving a permanent account suspension, your suspended account can still play the game offline if it has a supported offline mode. Other accounts present on your home Xbox can
    continue to access the game’s full online functionality. If another game was downloaded to your home Xbox but deleted prior to the permanent account suspension, other accounts present on the console can re-install the game to the home Xbox from the suspended
    account’s game library.

Visit support.xbox.com to learn more about
    Using Xbox Live Gold sharing features on Xbox One
    . To check if your current Xbox is your home Xbox, see

How to designate an Xbox One console as your home Xbox
    ."

https://enforcement.xbox.com/en-US/Home/HowTo#sub-topic0-5
Thema:

Why can’t the ability to buy content. Without a designated home Xbox console, you can't...

1. Why can’t the ability to buy content. Without a designated home Xbox console, you can't... - Similar Threads - Why can’t ability

2. Why can’t I get my V-bucks gift card to redeem?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I get my V-bucks gift card to redeem?: Hey! My brother recently gave me a gift card for 2800 vbucks and i wanted to redeem it. So i went to Fortnite.com and went to redeem my code. It let me put in the code, but after i did that it...
  3. Why can’t I play split screen and online with friends at same time in human fall flat?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I play split screen and online with friends at same time in human fall flat?: Is there any way to play split screen on human fall flat and online at the same time? 98967722-9b3e-4cdd-8530-75181ef4125f
  4. Why can’t I access Xbox at all?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I access Xbox at all?: My sister has a Microsoft account and can log into Minecraft just fine, but when I try to access anything else Xbox related it just signs me out. I know this isn’t an internet issue because I...
  5. Why can’t I play single player on games that offer both- single and multiplayer options?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can’t I play single player on games that offer both- single and multiplayer options?: I have Minecraft and other games that allow you to play solo, no multiplayer. When I click the game it says “ looks like you need to renew Xbox game pass. If your subscriptions current try...
  6. Why can’t I play final shape my 10 days went through it took money out of my account and it...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I play final shape my 10 days went through it took money out of my account and it...: So what’s happening here 7ed89430-0298-4b16-a1d1-f59db3a60805
  7. I can’t figure out why I cannot connect to parties or games even when my internet is connected.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t figure out why I cannot connect to parties or games even when my internet is connected.: About 2 weeks ago I all of a sudden could not join parties, or even connect to online games. When I go to network settings it says I am connected, and that my NAT type is open, but when I join a...
  8. Why can’t I talk to people through my Xbox after I went through a suspension, it was...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I talk to people through my Xbox after I went through a suspension, it was...: Got comms banned waited till I was un banned and I still can’t speak to people a41bc0f5-01be-4c3d-922a-f89eda451e3b
  9. Why can’t I play Fortnite Any more I keeps asking for parents to hit and allow you to play...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I play Fortnite Any more I keeps asking for parents to hit and allow you to play...: Why won’t you let me play Fortnite any more it says it needs 83.39GB and won’t let me in stall c29f4729-c0cc-4f66-b023-cb6fe76e126e
  10. Can’t get into games, don’t know why

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t get into games, don’t know why: When I try to get into games, I get stuck or kicked out. For Fortnite and R6, I get stuck in the loading screen for the game, and for others like 2K and minecraft, I get sent back to the xbox home...