Why can't parent's reset child's password - this feature must be re-added to MS Family!

Discus and support Why can't parent's reset child's password - this feature must be re-added to MS Family! in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I recently set up two microsoft accounts specifically for our under 10 kids to play minecraft on the Switch. Of course since they (and I) don't log... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by David Smithson, Sep 24, 2023.

1. Why can't parent's reset child's password - this feature must be re-added to MS Family!

I recently set up two microsoft accounts specifically for our under 10 kids to play minecraft on the Switch.

Of course since they (and I) don't log into their accounts after verifying on devices we can't remember their passwords.

As the accounts are mostly unused the re-set password forms just kick back "insufficient activity/information" to reset them via the "official" links.

Microsoft you need to re-add the ability to do this inside the Microsoft Family - which used to have it.

Requiring us to create new e-mail addresses every time and losing game progress is a good way to lose customer base and push everyone into different ecosystems.

And don't feed me the "we are just sensitive to privacy" - this is parent's needing to re-set children's passwords - a thing all parents know happens regularly - keep the secondary/tertiary/quaternary identification requirements in the family organizers but give us password resets for minors (or at least kids under 13)..

:)

David Smithson, Sep 24, 2023
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Why can't parent's reset child's password - this feature must be re-added to MS Family!