Why can’t my wife and I play multi player on snowrunner without paying extra?

Discus and support Why can’t my wife and I play multi player on snowrunner without paying extra? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Wife and I bought Snowrunner because it’s multiplayer and seemed fun. Hit co-op and you need Live?! We’re using the same Xbox. Why can’t we play the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Clay Winowiecki, Dec 10, 2023.

1. Why can’t my wife and I play multi player on snowrunner without paying extra?

Wife and I bought Snowrunner because it’s multiplayer and seemed fun. Hit co-op and you need Live?! We’re using the same Xbox. Why can’t we play the game we bought together without paying extra? Why can’t games be like the “old days” when you buy something and get to actually play it fully without paying a monthly fee for no added value?

***moved from Gaming and Xbox / Games and gaming / Xbox on Windows***

:)

Clay Winowiecki, Dec 10, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Clay Winowiecki,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your frustration Clay. Online multiplayer on console requires Xbox Game Pass Ultimate or Xbox Game Pass Core (sold separately). This means that you need to have an active subscription to either of these services to play co-op with other players online, even if you are using the same Xbox. The reason for this is that online multiplayer games use Xbox Live servers to connect players from different locations. These servers require maintenance and security, which cost money. Therefore, Microsoft charges a fee for accessing these servers through Xbox Game Pass.

However, there is a way to play Snowrunner multiplayer without paying extra, if you have another device that can run the game. Snowrunner supports cross-platform play, which means that you can play co-op with players on PC, PlayStation, or Nintendo Switch, as long as you have an internet connection.

For your reference, see: Buy SnowRunner | Xbox

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Clay Winowiecki,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

4. ToddMoriarty Win User

How to install and play Call of Duty Cold War from physical CD?

So do I have to pay extra for the code? There's supposed to be a 25 character code. It's prompting me to pay extra for a monthly subscription. I don't want to pay extra. I already paid for the game at the store. I don't want multi-player, just 1 player
    (myself).

Is it possible to play without a code, to play without paying extra, to play just 1 player?
  5. thisisadummyname Win User

Multiplayer - worth purchasing?

Why would you have to pay another $10 to play the multi-player? The game contains the single-player and the multi-player as is. You don't have to pay extra for it.

Are you asking about the DLC "From Ashes"?
  6. CrypticZer0 Win User

Multiplayer - worth purchasing?

[quote user="XstratocasterX"]

Why would you have to pay another $10 to play the multi-player? The game contains the single-player and the multi-player as is. You don't have to pay extra for it.

Are you asking about the DLC "From Ashes"?

[/quote]He stated that he has a 2nd hand copy, meaning his is used and does not contain the Online Pass code that enables the online portion of the game; i.e. the cooperative multiplayer.

Most EA games nowadays have Online Passes that unless you buy new, you have to pay $10 to redeem/enable in order to play online functions of said games.
Thema:

1. Why can’t my wife and I play multi player on snowrunner without paying extra? - Similar Threads - Why can’t wife

2. Why can’t I get my V-bucks gift card to redeem?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I get my V-bucks gift card to redeem?: Hey! My brother recently gave me a gift card for 2800 vbucks and i wanted to redeem it. So i went to Fortnite.com and went to redeem my code. It let me put in the code, but after i did that it...
  3. Why can’t I play split screen and online with friends at same time in human fall flat?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I play split screen and online with friends at same time in human fall flat?: Is there any way to play split screen on human fall flat and online at the same time? 98967722-9b3e-4cdd-8530-75181ef4125f
  4. Why can’t I access Xbox at all?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I access Xbox at all?: My sister has a Microsoft account and can log into Minecraft just fine, but when I try to access anything else Xbox related it just signs me out. I know this isn’t an internet issue because I...
  5. Why can’t I play single player on games that offer both- single and multiplayer options?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can’t I play single player on games that offer both- single and multiplayer options?: I have Minecraft and other games that allow you to play solo, no multiplayer. When I click the game it says “ looks like you need to renew Xbox game pass. If your subscriptions current try...
  6. Why can’t I play final shape my 10 days went through it took money out of my account and it...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I play final shape my 10 days went through it took money out of my account and it...: So what’s happening here 7ed89430-0298-4b16-a1d1-f59db3a60805
  7. I can’t figure out why I cannot connect to parties or games even when my internet is connected.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t figure out why I cannot connect to parties or games even when my internet is connected.: About 2 weeks ago I all of a sudden could not join parties, or even connect to online games. When I go to network settings it says I am connected, and that my NAT type is open, but when I join a...
  8. Why can’t I talk to people through my Xbox after I went through a suspension, it was...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I talk to people through my Xbox after I went through a suspension, it was...: Got comms banned waited till I was un banned and I still can’t speak to people a41bc0f5-01be-4c3d-922a-f89eda451e3b
  9. Why can’t I play Fortnite Any more I keeps asking for parents to hit and allow you to play...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I play Fortnite Any more I keeps asking for parents to hit and allow you to play...: Why won’t you let me play Fortnite any more it says it needs 83.39GB and won’t let me in stall c29f4729-c0cc-4f66-b023-cb6fe76e126e
  10. Can’t get into games, don’t know why

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can’t get into games, don’t know why: When I try to get into games, I get stuck or kicked out. For Fortnite and R6, I get stuck in the loading screen for the game, and for others like 2K and minecraft, I get sent back to the xbox home...