Why can’t my friend join my world when she comes over?

Discus and support Why can’t my friend join my world when she comes over? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Me and my friend play Minecraft a lot but but when she comes over it doesn’t work. We are on the same internet (which works fine) and we both have the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Leecabbi, Oct 8, 2023.

1. Leecabbi
    Leecabbi Guest

Me and my friend play Minecraft a lot but but when she comes over it doesn’t work. We are on the same internet (which works fine) and we both have the same versions of Minecraft. This has not worked for a while and isn’t just because of the new update. I am able to play normally with everyone else in my house though. Minecraft says our internet is bad or we need to restart Minecraft.

:)

Leecabbi, Oct 8, 2023
  2. RichieB_ Win User

Hello Leecabbi,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we will consider your issue resolved. If you do need further help, please create a new thread to discuss your concerns through this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com), as we will not be monitoring this thread going forward.

Thank you for understanding.

Regards,

3. RichieB_ Win User

Hi Leecabbi,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting to Microsoft Community.

We understand that you are having trouble connecting your friend to your Minecraft world when she comes over. I'm here to help you with that.

Firstly, it's important to note that Minecraft multiplayer requires a stable internet connection. If the internet connection is weak or unstable, it can cause issues with connecting to other players. So, it's recommended to check your internet connection speed and stability.

Here are some steps you can follow to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Check your internet connection: Make sure that your internet connection is stable and strong enough to support Minecraft multiplayer. You can check your internet speed using any online speed test tool.

2. Restart Minecraft: Sometimes, restarting Minecraft can help resolve connectivity issues. Close Minecraft completely and then reopen it.

3. Check your Minecraft settings: Make sure that your Minecraft settings are configured correctly for multiplayer. Go to the settings menu and check that multiplayer is enabled.

4. Check your friend's Minecraft settings: Ask your friend to check their Minecraft settings to ensure that they are configured correctly for multiplayer.

If none of these steps work, you may visit this support article: Troubleshoot problems with cloud gaming | Xbox Support

I hope this helps you resolve the issue. We look forward for your response.

Cheers,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  4. Amanda L. Roberts Win User

Unable to connect to Minecraft world, 2 Xboxes in the same house

I’m her only Minecraft friend. I can’t join her and she can’t join me.
  5. JosiahHarding Win User

Minecraft and Xbox app issues with Multiplayer.

I have the same problem! I can join other people’s worlds, but when i create a world people can’t join my world even when I invite them. I have cellular data does that have anything to do with it? When i go into settings in Minecraft it wont let me turn
    on friends of friends. Please Help! It is ios.
  6. XBF Eladio M Win User

can’t join friends world and friend can’t join my world on Minecraft

Hey guys

Thank you for taking the time to post this on the Xbox Forums. We understand that you are currently unable to join any of your Friends on Minecraft.

Even though you may have an Open NAT type, there still could be certain network configurations that could be preventing you from joining your friends, especially if you are using something like a community network.

You might have to perform port forwarding on your router in order for you to be able to open up the ports necessary for Xbox Live to work as effectively as possible.

I will provide the
    networks ports used by Xbox Live
    here for your convenience:

• Port 88 (UDP)
    • Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
    • Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
    • Port 80 (TCP)
    • Port 500 (UDP)
    • Port 3544 (UDP)
    • Port 4500 (UDP)

You can find out how to port forward by visiting the
    port forward website
    , additionally, remember that you have to have a static IP address on both your console and your network in order for this to work.

Give this a try and let us know if this works for you!
Thema:

1. Why can’t my friend join my world when she comes over? - Similar Threads - Why can’t friend

2. Why can’t I play split screen and online with friends at same time in human fall flat?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I play split screen and online with friends at same time in human fall flat?: Is there any way to play split screen on human fall flat and online at the same time? 98967722-9b3e-4cdd-8530-75181ef4125f
  3. Why can’t I sent messages to my friends in the Xbox app, I barely message on there

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can’t I sent messages to my friends in the Xbox app, I barely message on there: Hmmmm …ok well as the question states I don’t message people much and now I can’t send messages on the app..don’t know what else to say? 61fb85e9-7aa6-4b29-b7ae-018e45b6d11b
  4. why can’t my friend use his gift card?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why can’t my friend use his gift card?: Bought a $100 gift card for a friend, he says when he tries to use it a message pops up saying oops sorry we don’t know what went wrong appears. I have seen the 100 dollars appear under his...
  5. Why I can’t add a friend

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why I can’t add a friend: Why I can’t add or accept friends request on my Xbox 0c64055f-7f92-4ce5-b36d-ae21dd005d46
  6. Why can’t my friends on discord hear me when I join their call through my xbox?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can’t my friends on discord hear me when I join their call through my xbox?: My audio and party settings are set to everyone and both of my discord and Xbox accounts are linked. I am able to stream fine but for some reason they cannot hear me. I was wondering if they...
  7. Why can’t I add friends on Xbox series s

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can’t I add friends on Xbox series s: I can’t add anyone as a friend I have restarted my system multiple times and even a few hard resets and still can’t add anyone afecac36-f3ec-4132-95f5-cea003ec9c14
  8. Why can’t I make my friends account my home xbox

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I make my friends account my home xbox: Why can’t I make my friend account as my home xbox f1109361-e414-4b2a-a6b5-d0c389b342f1
  9. Why can’t my friend hear me or add me on Xbox after I accidentally blocked him?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can’t my friend hear me or add me on Xbox after I accidentally blocked him?: My friend cant add me or hear me in party chat after I blocked him by accident. 82e8969b-5b8d-4054-b015-10cf595a4120
  10. Why can’t my friend on pc join my ark server

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t my friend on pc join my ark server: Hi, I’m trying to play ark with my friend and we have a little problem, he can’t see the invites i send so he can’t join and he has no other way to join, yes we both have the same game from the...