Why can't Microsoft/Xbox Allow Keyboard and mouse for Xbox Cloud Gaming?

Discus and support Why can't Microsoft/Xbox Allow Keyboard and mouse for Xbox Cloud Gaming? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I know there are probably a thousand people asking this question but we always get the same answers. "But players who use controllers will have an... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by ThatOnePCGamer, Feb 24, 2024.

1. Why can't Microsoft/Xbox Allow Keyboard and mouse for Xbox Cloud Gaming?

I know there are probably a thousand people asking this question but we always get the same answers.

"But players who use controllers will have an unfair disadvantage!" Well guess what, the in some games, like Fortnite for example, some people use controller, and some people use keyboard and mouse! Well, imagine if the developers tried to fix that problem and completely removed one of them!

"It would require too many resources to make!" https://www.ign.com/articles/xbox-cloud-gaming-mouse-keyboard-support Take a look at that. How many resources would it take to do something you've already done?

So why won't we get it?

:)

ThatOnePCGamer, Feb 24, 2024
  2. andersonpassos Win User

Can you guys please get keyboard and mouse support for Xbox Cloud Gaming? If not then can you explain why not?

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good evening

Keyboard and mouse support for Xbox Cloud Gaming is not currently available. There are a few reasons why this might be the case.

One reason could be that keyboard and mouse support for Xbox games on console has been a controversial topic in the past. Some players feel that using a keyboard and mouse gives players an unfair advantage, as they can be more precise and faster than using a controller. To address this concern, Microsoft has chosen to not offer official keyboard and mouse support for Xbox consoles, including Xbox Cloud Gaming.

Another reason could be that many Xbox games are designed to be played with a controller, and adding keyboard and mouse support could require significant development resources. It's also worth noting that some games, such as Fortnite, do have official keyboard and mouse support on Xbox, but this is implemented by the game developers and not by Microsoft.

I understand that you would like to see keyboard and mouse support added to Xbox Cloud Gaming, and I'm sorry that this is not currently possible. However, I don't have any information about Microsoft's plans for the future, so I can't say whether keyboard and mouse support will be added at a later date.
  3. Claire From Hr Win User

M&KB on Console

This is such a controversial topic but it's been discussed many times.

Microsoft have already said it is up to the developers of the games to decide whether mouse and keyboard should be allowed in their games.

And considering Microsoft have approved and put their brand to a mouse and keyboard device for Xbox one previously and said they don't mind, It would be inconceivable for them to U-turn and label it cheating now.

The main issue people have is the use of third party mouse and keyboard devices being used to get some kind of advantage over others.

Some people feel this is cheating but others argue it allows gaming to be more accessible.

The thing that confused me is if Microsoft approve of Mouse and keyboard on Xbox one to make gaming accessible for everyone, then why can't they as a software company make it possible to plug a mouse and keyboard into the Xbox one and have everyone play
    the way they want, that way no one has an unfair advantage because developers will be able to create an environment that supports both control schemes, balance accordingly and everyone is happy.
  4. SwordofWhedon Win User

because cloud gaming works via sleight-of-hand in one of those slides of hand is knowing the behavior and specifications of the input device. in addition, every mouse and keyboard is different, while the Xbox game pad is standardized

Keyboard and mouse has not been done yet, and likely will not be done at least until until the service is ready to exit beta
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

Keyboard and mouse in Xbox cloud gaming

6. poppy Allman Win User

Is it possible to use your keyboard and mouse to play fortnite on any computer like mac and windows on xbox cloud gaming

the xbox cloud gaming on keyboard and mouse
Thema:

1. Why can't Microsoft/Xbox Allow Keyboard and mouse for Xbox Cloud Gaming? - Similar Threads - Why can't Microsoft

2. Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...: Seriously, I know Microsoft wants to streamline their cross-platform capabilities, but this is so stupid. I can't even play Minecraft without the Xbox app working properly. The Xbox app is such a...
  3. Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????: I currently have three different cards that are being charged with fraudulent charges through Microsoft. Can't change my password, can't remove credit cards, and good luck trying to speak to...
  4. Why can't I view my captures on my PC? Did we time travel? Is it 2004? Microsoft owns...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I view my captures on my PC? Did we time travel? Is it 2004? Microsoft owns...: Why can't I view my captures on my PC? Did we time travel? Is it 2004? Microsoft owns everything. Figure it out. The only way I can view and edit my captures is through the Xbox app. What a joke....
  5. Why can't I sign into my Xbox account or get any assistance whatsoever from Microsoft??

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I sign into my Xbox account or get any assistance whatsoever from Microsoft??: I just got a new Xbox for Christmas and have had little time to use it with how busy work has been. When I initially set it up and tried to sign in, the automated security procedure made me fill...
  6. Why can't I see the option to buy using the Microsoft account balance after I redeemed my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I see the option to buy using the Microsoft account balance after I redeemed my...: [img] [img] I bought a 25 dollar gift card and redeemed it in the store then I wanted to get my self some ea fc points but the option to buy with Microsoft account balance didn't show up its been...
  7. Why can't my Minecraft login to my Microsoft account, every time I log in it always returns...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't my Minecraft login to my Microsoft account, every time I log in it always returns...: Why can't my Minecraft login to my Microsoft account, every time I log in it always returns to the loading screen and I repeat this over and over again, the problem is always the same?...
  8. Why can't I contact an actual microsoft employee about my account being hacked.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I contact an actual microsoft employee about my account being hacked.: It's in the title. Why can't I contact a real Microsoft employee about my account being hacked. I have entire proof of my Microsoft account being hacked all the way back in November. I got proof...
  9. Why can't I use parties or search on Microsoft store?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I use parties or search on Microsoft store?: My xbox account was suspended for 2 days due to inappropriate language in a chat on Xbox. After a week I still can't use parties or search anything on the Microsoft store but I have no active...
  10. why can't I download my purchase from the Microsoft store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why can't I download my purchase from the Microsoft store: my kid sent me a request to purchase a game from the Microsoft store, I approved it and paid for it, it shows in my order history but I can't download it on my kids Xbox. It is still asking me to...