Why cant i use The Xbox Companion App on windows11?

Discus and support Why cant i use The Xbox Companion App on windows11? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Heres the Thing: the Xbox Console companion App was my Go to app for Sharing Clips and Screenshots After i was done playing on my Xbox for one simple... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Sodkumagaras_DOD, Jun 23, 2023.

1. Why cant i use The Xbox Companion App on windows11?

Heres the Thing: the Xbox Console companion App was my Go to app for Sharing Clips and Screenshots After i was done playing on my Xbox for one simple Reason. I could Share Screenshots To multiple clubs At the same Time instead of having to Upload it seperatly to each and every club while being on my console.

The other Xbox App is pretty much useless for me, sure i can chat with xbox Friends and Download games to pc (but thats what i have my xbox For) also the companion app had way more functions then the new app does.

Now i have upgraded My laptop to Windows 11, but the console companion doesnt work anymore. It starts, but then crashes to desktop. I tried reininstalling and updating it but it still doesnt work. This takes away a huge part of interactions i had on xbox.

If its because of windows 11 im reluctant to upgrade my regular pc from windows10.

:)

Sodkumagaras_DOD, Jun 23, 2023
  2. Tezzarrific Win User

some of that functionality has moved to gamebar for sharing clips etc, but as has been said they app is discontinuing and features are being removed bit by bit.
  3. Tezzarrific Win User

most of the features of the companion app are gone in windows 11, as the app is being discontinued slowly on windows 10 and 11.
  4. Sodkumagaras_DOD Win User

i didnt use the normal xbox app because it doesnt have the function i need (sharing screenshots and gaming clips, interacting with clubs) i looked. somehow i can see what my friends have uploaded but i dont have the option to share anything. when i go to library it only shows me the games i can play on pc but i cant even see any of my uploaded content. i could do so on the console companion.
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

It doesn't matter which operating system you're using because the app has been discontinued along with the rest of Windows 8

You've been supposed to use the Xbox app built into windows since 2015
  6. luissolid Win User

Can't log into another account on Xbox Companion

You cant use 2 accounts at the same time on Xbox Companion App. You only can use 1 account on the Xbox Companion app. But you can add a second account on your windows 10 and use the other account.

Regards!
Thema:

1. Why cant i use The Xbox Companion App on windows11? - Similar Threads - Why cant Companion

2. Why cant i link a discord account to my 15 year old xbox account

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant i link a discord account to my 15 year old xbox account: I own an xbox account the age of the account is 15 but im having trouble linking a discord account will i not be able or am i doing something wrong f7eac7e5-6db7-4bff-8e64-902d6af216d1
  3. Why cant my friends stream hear my audio but hears everyone elses

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant my friends stream hear my audio but hears everyone elses: im on xbox app and my friend said they couldnt hear me on the stream, what do i do to fix that or yall need to fix that ed144e69-1906-4ec9-b3f0-8f56b74d453a
  4. Why cant I see the 50 dollar xbox reward

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant I see the 50 dollar xbox reward: Ive had a prolonging issue for several months that I have ignored thinking it was just some tiny issue i would not have to deal with next time i checked. However my xbox messages me that i can...
  5. Why cant I join my friend on minecraft

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant I join my friend on minecraft: My friends and I, have been recently trying to joing eachother on minecraft but have been having immense trouble. Whenever we try to join our friends world, it says its downloading whichever add...
  6. Why cant my xbox series s download any apps?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant my xbox series s download any apps?: Ive been trying to download dolby atoms but every time i try to install it, it just cancels it saying “installation has stopped” i thought maybe it was just this app but when i tried downloading...
  7. Why cant I join a discord call on my xbox one S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why cant I join a discord call on my xbox one S?: I have literally done every trick in the book at this point. Ive unlinked and relinked my discord account like 10 times, factory reset my xbox with the games and apps not touched 3 times, reset...
  8. Why cant i stream on my xbox one X? I have contacted Twitch they said it has to do with...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant i stream on my xbox one X? I have contacted Twitch they said it has to do with...: I can't stream on my xbox one X, I have tried to logging out of my twitch and my xbox account on my xbox, it didn't work 97eeeb71-4d6c-46f5-8043-5867f8452a39
  9. why cant I queue into a game, and why does gamepass keep popping up and can someone fix this

in XBoX Accessibility
    why cant I queue into a game, and why does gamepass keep popping up and can someone fix this: I previously had the Xbox one s, but yesterday bought the Xbox series s as an upgrade to be able to play ncaa football coming out in July. My issue is that I can no longer play rainbow six siege...
  10. Why cant my wireless internet connect when its IPv4

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why cant my wireless internet connect when its IPv4: So a year or two ago i go a new xbox series s (no disk) when i signed in i connected to the internet. Before that i had a different internet but after the new router was put in by spectrum it was...