Why can't I use a Microsoft account balance to purchase an xbox game?

Discus and support Why can't I use a Microsoft account balance to purchase an xbox game? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; My son had an xbox gift voucher which he redeemed easily enough but the purchase of the game he wanted hasn't gone through - by default it was asking... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Noah Marshall, Jul 11, 2023.

1. Why can't I use a Microsoft account balance to purchase an xbox game?

My son had an xbox gift voucher which he redeemed easily enough but the purchase of the game he wanted hasn't gone through - by default it was asking me to approve and pay with a credit card rather than use the Microsoft balance, but then without doing anything different the xbox account the game became listed as pending 3 times and has been for a few weeks. The online chat function never seems to work, and I can't find a solution when I've searched in google. Help please!

:)

Noah Marshall, Jul 11, 2023
  2. Liam Woolley Win User

I disabled ask to buy in Xbox Family and worked fine. Remeber to turn on again after the purchase 😉
  3. Janet_C Win User

Hello!

I'm a Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you.

Try to make your purchase with your account balance through the online store.

Log in to this link with the account from which you want to make the purchase:

https://www.microsoft.com

Click on the magnifying glass icon at the top.

Type the name of the game you want to buy and enter it, from that game page try your purchase.

Best Regards.
  4. Matt DeHond Win User

Hi Janet,

I have the same question. I signed into my son's account. He has $60 worth of GCs loaded as credit into his microsoft account. When he signs in and attempts to purchase a game for $49.99 it only offers the options of Pay Pal or credit card. When the approval is sent to my account, it askes how I would like to pay for the game; Pay Pal or Credit Card.

How do I use the credits in my son's account to purchase the game?
  5. AngelObullets Win User

Can’t buy backwards compatible game using account balance

Hi there

This is due to the Microsoft balance (Microsoft store and Xbox one) and Xbox balance (which was used for 360 store) are 2 different systems in place that is why you cannot use Microsoft account balance to purchase the game. But if you had a gift card and
    redeemed it on the Xbox 360 console you would be allowed to use it on the 360 store.
  6. WPAK Win User

balance in account

Web translation:

balance in account

Why can not I pay for purchases with the balance in my Microsoft account?

Response:

Hi there,

not everything can be purchae via account balance. Some items can only be purchased via a payment option like a credit card and can't be purchase via the balance on your account.

For example when purchasing Xbox 360 content via xbox.com, Xbox APp or Xbox One console this can only be purchase via payment option.
Thema:

1. Why can't I use a Microsoft account balance to purchase an xbox game? - Similar Threads - Why can't Microsoft

2. Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I use Minecraft Launcher WITHOUT installing it on the Microsoft Store, and...: Seriously, I know Microsoft wants to streamline their cross-platform capabilities, but this is so stupid. I can't even play Minecraft without the Xbox app working properly. The Xbox app is such a...
  3. Why can't Microsoft/Xbox Allow Keyboard and mouse for Xbox Cloud Gaming?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't Microsoft/Xbox Allow Keyboard and mouse for Xbox Cloud Gaming?: I know there are probably a thousand people asking this question but we always get the same answers. "But players who use controllers will have an unfair disadvantage!" Well guess what, the in...
  4. Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I remove my credit cards from my Microsoft account OR change my password????: I currently have three different cards that are being charged with fraudulent charges through Microsoft. Can't change my password, can't remove credit cards, and good luck trying to speak to...
  5. Why can't I view my captures on my PC? Did we time travel? Is it 2004? Microsoft owns...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I view my captures on my PC? Did we time travel? Is it 2004? Microsoft owns...: Why can't I view my captures on my PC? Did we time travel? Is it 2004? Microsoft owns everything. Figure it out. The only way I can view and edit my captures is through the Xbox app. What a joke....
  6. Why can't I sign into my Xbox account or get any assistance whatsoever from Microsoft??

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I sign into my Xbox account or get any assistance whatsoever from Microsoft??: I just got a new Xbox for Christmas and have had little time to use it with how busy work has been. When I initially set it up and tried to sign in, the automated security procedure made me fill...
  7. Why can't I see the option to buy using the Microsoft account balance after I redeemed my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I see the option to buy using the Microsoft account balance after I redeemed my...: [img] [img] I bought a 25 dollar gift card and redeemed it in the store then I wanted to get my self some ea fc points but the option to buy with Microsoft account balance didn't show up its been...
  8. Why can't my Minecraft login to my Microsoft account, every time I log in it always returns...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't my Minecraft login to my Microsoft account, every time I log in it always returns...: Why can't my Minecraft login to my Microsoft account, every time I log in it always returns to the loading screen and I repeat this over and over again, the problem is always the same?...
  9. Why can't I contact an actual microsoft employee about my account being hacked.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I contact an actual microsoft employee about my account being hacked.: It's in the title. Why can't I contact a real Microsoft employee about my account being hacked. I have entire proof of my Microsoft account being hacked all the way back in November. I got proof...
  10. Why can't I use parties or search on Microsoft store?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I use parties or search on Microsoft store?: My xbox account was suspended for 2 days due to inappropriate language in a chat on Xbox. After a week I still can't use parties or search anything on the Microsoft store but I have no active...