Why can’t I use a certain innocent word in my gamertag?

Discus and support Why can’t I use a certain innocent word in my gamertag? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Why am I unable to use ‘batty’ in my gamer tag? It’s in my Instagram and my discord name it’s not a rude word just means crazy and If crazy is allowed... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by .Faith., Oct 18, 2023.

1. .Faith.
    .Faith. Guest

Why am I unable to use ‘batty’ in my gamer tag? It’s in my Instagram and my discord name it’s not a rude word just means crazy and If crazy is allowed why isn’t batty ?

:)

.Faith., Oct 18, 2023
  2. Jeremy Grey Win User

Hello . Faith.! My name is Jeremy and I’m happy to help you.

The censoring is not just for one specific language, meaning that slang terms that are inappropriate are censored no matter what language the word is from.

That word can be used as a slang term in other countries.

Thank you for reaching out to the community forums and have a good rest of your day.

Regards,
  3. Tezzarrific Win User

because people used it to call others fatty, which Microsoft deems inappropriate and demeaning
  4. GMS1stLDYCannon Win User

This is a bad word to some thats why you cant use it.

In Jamaican Patois, **** (also batty bwoy, batty man, and chi chi bwoy/man) is a slur often used to refer to a gay or effeminate man. The term batiman (or ****) is also used in Belize owing to the popularity of Jamaican music there. The term derives from the Jamaican slang word batty, which refers to buttocks.

This is what I personally know this word is used for.
  5. Foxidize Win User

A WORD THAT I CANNOT USE IN MY BIO WHY?

Unfortunately there are some words that are just not allowed in certain profile fields. Most of the time, these are due to profanity, racial slurs, or other disrespectful wording. As for that particular case, there isn't anything particularly wrong with
    it, but automated systems aren't 100%. Some words will get flagged that are innocent, and you will just have to deal with it. Were you using this word in any other context, or just "The Forerunners"?

Thanks, hope I helped a bit.

Fox
  6. Njal the Blue Win User

Gamertag

It maybe overturned but depending what the gamertag was, could depend on whether it is blocked. Whilst it may seem innocent enough, it could be close to an offensive word in another part of the world.
Thema:

1. Why can’t I use a certain innocent word in my gamertag? - Similar Threads - Why can’t certain

2. Why can’t I get my V-bucks gift card to redeem?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I get my V-bucks gift card to redeem?: Hey! My brother recently gave me a gift card for 2800 vbucks and i wanted to redeem it. So i went to Fortnite.com and went to redeem my code. It let me put in the code, but after i did that it...
  3. Why can’t I play split screen and online with friends at same time in human fall flat?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I play split screen and online with friends at same time in human fall flat?: Is there any way to play split screen on human fall flat and online at the same time? 98967722-9b3e-4cdd-8530-75181ef4125f
  4. Why can’t I access Xbox at all?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I access Xbox at all?: My sister has a Microsoft account and can log into Minecraft just fine, but when I try to access anything else Xbox related it just signs me out. I know this isn’t an internet issue because I...
  5. Why can’t I play single player on games that offer both- single and multiplayer options?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can’t I play single player on games that offer both- single and multiplayer options?: I have Minecraft and other games that allow you to play solo, no multiplayer. When I click the game it says “ looks like you need to renew Xbox game pass. If your subscriptions current try...
  6. Why can’t I play final shape my 10 days went through it took money out of my account and it...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I play final shape my 10 days went through it took money out of my account and it...: So what’s happening here 7ed89430-0298-4b16-a1d1-f59db3a60805
  7. I can’t figure out why I cannot connect to parties or games even when my internet is connected.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t figure out why I cannot connect to parties or games even when my internet is connected.: About 2 weeks ago I all of a sudden could not join parties, or even connect to online games. When I go to network settings it says I am connected, and that my NAT type is open, but when I join a...
  8. Why can’t I talk to people through my Xbox after I went through a suspension, it was...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I talk to people through my Xbox after I went through a suspension, it was...: Got comms banned waited till I was un banned and I still can’t speak to people a41bc0f5-01be-4c3d-922a-f89eda451e3b
  9. Why can’t I play Fortnite Any more I keeps asking for parents to hit and allow you to play...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I play Fortnite Any more I keeps asking for parents to hit and allow you to play...: Why won’t you let me play Fortnite any more it says it needs 83.39GB and won’t let me in stall c29f4729-c0cc-4f66-b023-cb6fe76e126e
  10. Why can’t I click my left stick on my elite at certain angles?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I click my left stick on my elite at certain angles?: I just bought an elite controller today and I can’t click on the left stick to sprint in call of duty at certain angles. I can only click on it when I press exactly at a 45 degree angle....