Why can't I upload or delete captures on the XBOX Network

Discus and support Why can't I upload or delete captures on the XBOX Network in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; If I try to upload a clip, I get a notification telling me the clip has been uploaded, but it doesn't appear on the XBOX network or on the mobile app.... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Sean Ward1, Apr 24, 2023.

1. Sean Ward1
    Sean Ward1 Guest

If I try to upload a clip, I get a notification telling me the clip has been uploaded, but it doesn't appear on the XBOX network or on the mobile app. If I go back to the clip on my console, I have the option to "Upload" indicating that it hasn't been uploaded. I thought maybe I just needed to delete old clips, but I can't do that either. If I delete a clip, and then go back to captures, the clip reappears in my list of captures.

I have tried power cycling, uninstalling and reinstalling the mobile app and resetting my console and none of that has worked. This is extremely annoying.

:)

Sean Ward1, Apr 24, 2023
  2. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is Welcome to the community.

Hello SORARISU, we have received some similar occurrences in our community.

I see that you have already tried to do a reset on the console and the situation has not changed, ideally contact Xbox support, they may have some more up-to-date information.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/contact-us/
  3. Just a Volunteer Win User

Xbox captures are completely broken?

On your console Home Guide menu select Capture & share > Recent captures >Show all >Manage captures

That will show you your captures you have uploaded to the Xbox network. You can change this to captures on this console to show those captures.

If you change the look on screen to small icons (press 4 squares) you will have other options as well as a delete choice.

Looking at this screen outlay, on console captures will inform you if they have been uploaded to the Xbox network or not.

Captures on the console that have been uploaded to the xbox network can be deleted from the console if you want. Be aware that there is a finite available space on the console for captures that fills up very quickly if you make a lot of clips and/or screenshots.

Uploaded Captures on the xbox network can also be deleted.

I use the sort option and delete captures regularly from both my console and Xbox network to keep my captures manageable.
  4. Just a Volunteer Win User

Are game captures on the Xbox Network ALSO saved to the console’s internal storage?

"do captures save to the console’s internal storage regardless of whether or not they’re uploaded to the Xbox Network?"

All captures are initially stored on the console before they can be uploaded to the Xbox Network.

Only the captures you choose to be uploaded will be unless you choose automatic uploads in your Settings options.

Only uploaded captures (ie on the Xbox network) can be shared to your profile, clubs, etc.

There is a finite space for captures on the console so if space is all used up any further captures will overwrite the oldest captures.

Its possible to have a copy of a capture on the console as well as on the Xbox network but this limits your consoles storage for new captures. After uploading it's best to delete the console copy.
  5. SammyVS Win User

Anyway to keep shared screenshots and videos visible after deleting from xbox network

I'm Samy an independent advisor

How are you?

You can upload up to 10 GB of captures to the Xbox network. Once you reach those limits, you’ll need to delete existing captures to upload new ones.

Any game clip or screenshot uploaded to the Xbox network that gets no views in 30 days will be deleted. Viewing it yourself counts as a view and saves a capture from deletion.

Captures that don't get uploaded to the Xbox network will remain on the console they were recorded on.

You can also store your screenshots and videos on your PC, OneDrive, and your phone.
  6. pacificstoned Win User

XBOX SERIES X WON'T UPLOAD CAPTURES

"I suddenly can't upload anything to the xbox network. When I try to upload a capture, it goes through and even says screenshot successfully uploaded to the xbox network but it's not there. "
Thema:

1. Why can't I upload or delete captures on the XBOX Network - Similar Threads - Why can't upload

2. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  3. Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...: When I stream on Discord from my Xbox, the audio of the GTA 4 game is not heard in the stream.and I stream another old game like gear of war 1 and 2 and the one I have problems with in gta 4...
  4. Why can't we stream on YouTube straight from Xbox?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't we stream on YouTube straight from Xbox?: Look Xbox does let us stream straight from our consoles to twitch and other services that makes you pay to stream from the console to YouTube which is really unfair. I did try to post a similar...
  5. Why can't I choose a folder to download my games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I choose a folder to download my games?: When I try to install some games, it asks me to choose a folder for my games on my C drive. When I choose a folder, it says "You can't set your default install location to that folder. Try another...
  6. Why can't my YouTube run over 360p?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't my YouTube run over 360p?: It's been happening since the day before I posted this. Anytime I try to watch a video on 720p and above stops and lags horribly. Even on ads it lags. ccbcd827-1b3e-4eec-b7cd-da298ea6865f
  7. Why can't I play star wars knights of the old republic

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I play star wars knights of the old republic: Why can't I play star wars knights of the old republic 69ff5b72-b369-44eb-bcfc-8d6a37c0fed2
  8. Why can't I join my friends game session in black ops 2?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I join my friends game session in black ops 2?: I bought the digital version of black ops 2 and I can't join my friends online game sessions for black ops 2 zombies. I've read countless post with people with the same exact issue and no one can...
  9. Why can't I play online

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I play online: I can't sign in to Xbox plus there is other issue that happened it was dragon ball Sparking zero does not appear in the store what is going on abf0550b-4ad5-4bcb-9146-e7b273b17096
  10. Why can't my console connect to the internet properly?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't my console connect to the internet properly?: I have an Xbox Series X that will not connect to the internet, wireless or wired. I've tried to reset both, unplug and replug all cords, allowed the router and console to sit for 5-10 minutes off...