Why can't I talk to friends in Xbox game chat?

Discus and support Why can't I talk to friends in Xbox game chat? in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; Hello! Whenever I invite my friends to an Xbox call I have to keep game bar open in order to talk to them. Whenever I tab out of game bar to play a... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by Jessica_278, Feb 26, 2024.

1. Jessica_278
    Jessica_278 Guest

Hello! Whenever I invite my friends to an Xbox call I have to keep game bar open in order to talk to them. Whenever I tab out of game bar to play a game I try to talk my friends cant hear me. I have been experiencing this for a while now. I have tried changing the audio output device and that didn't work so I dont know what to do.

It says "Background apps permissions for Xbox are turned off. Others may not be able to hear you."

(For whatever reason I can't send a screenshot of the error message, sorry!)

I have looked some stuff up talking about how you can go into settings, then to apps, then to Xbox, then to app permissions and it tells me to it but that option just isn't even there for me. I think I just need a way to turn on the permission to keep Xbox party chat running in the background but I have no idea where that is.

Thanks for your time,

Jessica

:)

Jessica_278, Feb 26, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Jessica, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, make sure your Windows is updated:

https://support.microsoft.com/windo...eshooter-19bc41ca-ad72-ae67-af3c-89ce169755dd

Afterwards, please, download the Gaming Services Repair tool:

https://aka.ms/GamingRepairTool

Once downloaded, execute the file by right-clicking on it and selecting Run as Administrator.

Follow the prompts and check if the issue was resolved.

For more information: https://support.xbox.com/help/games-apps/troubleshooting/gaming-services-repair-tool
  3. KerrieBosma Win User

Xbox one s

I can't talk in game chat but I can chat with my friends in Xbox chat it doesn't make sense bc I can hear other people so I'm very confused
  4. Francia J. Win User

Why can't I talk in chat

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

Kindly sign in to https://account.xbox.com/settings and from there make sure that these settings are set to “allow” or “everyone”:

* You can see and upload community creations

* You can communicate outside of Xbox Live with voice & text

* Others can communicate with voice, text, or invites

* You can play with people outside of Xbox Live

* You can create and join clubs

* You can join multiplayer games

Make sure to hit “submit” when you made any changes.

Once done, restart your device to sync the changes, Piney.
  5. KillerIn3D Win User

party chat killed xbox community

I personally disagree, if people do not feel like talking publicly to other people in the lobby of the game your playing, then they just start a party chat so the person can talk to their friends. If know one is talking in the lobby, then you make a party
    chat with one of your friends. But yes there is a down side to this. If you have no friends and your new to xbox live and you need some friends to play with. Most of the people that have a mic are in party chat. But there is a 50/50 chance of that happening.
    Thats why you come to the forums. Cant find nobody to talk to on xbox live cause they are all in party chat. Come here and make new friends! :D
  6. Wiggs Win User

"Three Words" For Everyone Who Likes Controversy. article

^ Why is it that those who turn off party chat say ppl who talk in game chat are stupid and that in reverse they are smart? As if ppl who only talk with friends over LIVE are the prophets of common sense and intelligence.
Thema:

1. Why can't I talk to friends in Xbox game chat? - Similar Threads - Why can't talk

2. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  3. Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...: When I stream on Discord from my Xbox, the audio of the GTA 4 game is not heard in the stream.and I stream another old game like gear of war 1 and 2 and the one I have problems with in gta 4...
  4. Why can't we stream on YouTube straight from Xbox?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't we stream on YouTube straight from Xbox?: Look Xbox does let us stream straight from our consoles to twitch and other services that makes you pay to stream from the console to YouTube which is really unfair. I did try to post a similar...
  5. Why can't I choose a folder to download my games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I choose a folder to download my games?: When I try to install some games, it asks me to choose a folder for my games on my C drive. When I choose a folder, it says "You can't set your default install location to that folder. Try another...
  6. Why can't my YouTube run over 360p?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't my YouTube run over 360p?: It's been happening since the day before I posted this. Anytime I try to watch a video on 720p and above stops and lags horribly. Even on ads it lags. ccbcd827-1b3e-4eec-b7cd-da298ea6865f
  7. Why can't I play star wars knights of the old republic

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I play star wars knights of the old republic: Why can't I play star wars knights of the old republic 69ff5b72-b369-44eb-bcfc-8d6a37c0fed2
  8. Why can't I talk to people in game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I talk to people in game: In destiny 2 I can to talk to them but I can't hear them c1642389-5a43-4b84-884c-c6b12ce7d9d2
  9. Why can't I talk on MW2, but I can on any other COD or Game on my Xbox?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I talk on MW2, but I can on any other COD or Game on my Xbox?: I own an Xbox Series X. I have used both a Wired Xbox Controller, an Xbox official Wireless Controller as well as a PowerA Fusion Pro 2 Wired Controller and I continue to have the same issue. I...
  10. Why can't I talk in chat

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I talk in chat: I got a yellow notice that said "you cannot chat with other players because of how your Microsoft account is set up" and I followed the instructions to fix it and it is on allow but I still can't...