Why cant I sign into xbox app windows 10?

Discus and support Why cant I sign into xbox app windows 10? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I already know the issue, was wondering if you could provide a solution. When attempting to sign into the xbox app on Windows 10 it doesn't let me sign... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Myles Morris, Aug 19, 2023.

1. Myles Morris
    Myles Morris Guest

I already know the issue, was wondering if you could provide a solution. When attempting to sign into the xbox app on Windows 10 it doesn't let me sign in, instead it returns to the xbox app home page and temporarily displays an error message saying: 'Installing Xbox Identity Provider. This may take a few minutes'. However, this doesn't install the missing component.

When viewing the the Xbox Identity Provider on the Microsoft store, it doesnt let me install it as I believe it thinks I already have the app.

:)

Myles Morris, Aug 19, 2023
  2. baraa zino Win User

Xbox and Microsoft Store not working

windows 10

microsoft store is not even opening
    and xbox app sign out me and i cant sign in
    please help me
  3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your problem has been solved. We won't be monitoring this topic going forward, so if you need more help, please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com).

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

4. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Myles Morris,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Based on the description, you are having issue signing in your account to Xbox live due to missing dependencies application. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern so that you can sign in your account successfully.

It is possible that some dependencies or PC helper apps were corrupted that is causing or preventing you to sign in to Xbox live. Let us make sure that your Windows is up to date so that we can use the app smoothly in your Windows device. Follow the steps below:

1. Make sure Windows is up to date

• Press the Start button on the taskbar, type settings, and then select Settings.
    • Select Update & Security.
    • On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates to see if any updates are available including optional updates for your device.
    • Once the updates have downloaded, select Install now to start the installation.
    • Following installation, we recommend that you restart your device so that the latest updates can take effect.
    2. Make sure both the Xbox and Gaming Services apps are up to date

• Press the Start button on the taskbar, type store, and open the Microsoft Store app.
    • Select Library.
    • Under Updates & downloads, check if there are any updates available for the Xbox app or Gaming Services app. If an update is available, select Update.
    3. Make sure you are signed in to the Xbox app and the Store with the same account.

You may perform reset of Microsoft Store and Xbox app by following the steps:

Reset Microsoft Store

• Press Windows key + R and type wsreset.exe then hit enter.
    • An empty Command prompt will pop open. Let it be for a few seconds and the command line will close automatically (after it has cleared the cache behind the background) and Microsoft Store will be launched in its place.
    Repair or Reset Xbox app

• Press Win + I to open the Settings app, and click on Apps.
    • Click on Apps & features, and in the search box type Xbox app and click on app settings (three dots).
    • Choose "advanced options"
    • Scroll down to find Reset and click.

4. Uninstall and reinstall Gaming Services

• Select the Search icon on the taskbar, type powershell, right-click on Windows PowerShell, and then select Run as administrator.
    • In Windows PowerShell, type the following command and press Enter:
      get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
    • In the same window, type the following command and press Enter:
      start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
    • Install the app on that page and select Yes when you receive the User Account Control (UAC) prompt.
    • Restart your device and try launching Xbox app again.

For your reference, see: Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox app for Windows | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

5. PopTHE REAPER66 Win User

cant login on xbox live on windows 10

so im not the only who cant sign in the xbox app on window 10 tryed everything think i know and nothing work.,
  6. UndreamedBird Win User

i cant sign in to xbox on windows 10

i cant sign in to xbox on windows 10
Thema:

1. Why cant I sign into xbox app windows 10? - Similar Threads - Why cant sign

2. Why cant i link a discord account to my 15 year old xbox account

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant i link a discord account to my 15 year old xbox account: I own an xbox account the age of the account is 15 but im having trouble linking a discord account will i not be able or am i doing something wrong f7eac7e5-6db7-4bff-8e64-902d6af216d1
  3. Why cant my friends stream hear my audio but hears everyone elses

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant my friends stream hear my audio but hears everyone elses: im on xbox app and my friend said they couldnt hear me on the stream, what do i do to fix that or yall need to fix that ed144e69-1906-4ec9-b3f0-8f56b74d453a
  4. Why cant I see the 50 dollar xbox reward

in XBoX on Windows
    Why cant I see the 50 dollar xbox reward: Ive had a prolonging issue for several months that I have ignored thinking it was just some tiny issue i would not have to deal with next time i checked. However my xbox messages me that i can...
  5. why cant i sign in on xbox live?

in XBoX Accessibility
    why cant i sign in on xbox live?: i cannot sign in on my console. why not? 56ebaa89-7c7c-4f1b-a24f-55aa30449f22
  6. Why cant i sign into my Microsoft acc on Ps4 Minecraft?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why cant i sign into my Microsoft acc on Ps4 Minecraft?: Im trying to join a friends realm and saw that i was not signed in, i signed in but it just said there was an error and didnt sign me in. I tried it again and it said that the account was already...
  7. Why cant i sign into my account on xbox 360

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why cant i sign into my account on xbox 360: I was on my xbox one trying to play an xbox 360 game. When i try to sign into my account the email associated with my account does not work. Somebody please help me i have just spent 15 dollars on...
  8. Why cant i choose gamertag in order to sign in ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why cant i choose gamertag in order to sign in ?: i cannot choose the gamertag 32c3388c-767a-418f-a77c-860d2b5e8457
  9. Why cant I sign up for xbox live on my xbox 360 console

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant I sign up for xbox live on my xbox 360 console: I just wanna know a solution to the sign up problem on my xbox 360 .... I'm struggling to sign up to xbox live and it keeps referring me to xbox.com/support for more info but I'm not finding any...
  10. Why cant I sign in to my x box accounts?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why cant I sign in to my x box accounts?: Hi, a couple of days ago my son had problems trying to load his game on his x box, as it was slow to load he signed out and then tried to sign in to my account on his x box. He then got the...