why can’t I run 120hz at 1080p xbox series x on LG 34GL750

Discus and support why can’t I run 120hz at 1080p xbox series x on LG 34GL750 in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; please help, just recently bought the xbox series x and have the LG 34GL750. I have researched for hours and watched several videos and cannot get a... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by  ‎7, Dec 25, 2023.

1.  ‎7
     ‎7 Guest

please help, just recently bought the xbox series x and have the LG 34GL750. I have researched for hours and watched several videos and cannot get a solution to run 1080p 120hz, I’ve tried overiding it to hdmi and still when I select 120hz my screen starts glitching and then resets to 60hz. I’ve tried just about anything if anyone can help me out would be much appreciated.

:)

 ‎7, Dec 25, 2023
  2. Hoskayra Win User

Hello friend, my name is Oskayra, and I will be happy to help you.

Beforehand, it is important that you keep in mind that this is a public community forum, so we are players like you, we are not employees of Microsoft or Xbox, so we do not have access to any user account or check anything from the forum. All users help each other with common problems.

Note: This is a public forum therefore, I suggest you not share your personal information.

I am very sorry for the problem you are going through, with the intention of being able to help you, I did an internal search in Xbox Support and I found a publication where they give the following recommendations regarding the resolution and I thought it was good information, which you should take into account:

Note: If you can't find your TV resolution, make sure TV Connection is set to Automatically detect.

Use the settings below as a guide to make adjustments.

Aspects that you should take into account:

Some of the settings below will not appear unless your TV or monitor supports them.

If you don't see the TV resolution, make sure TV Connection is set to Automatically detect.

The console will automatically switch to the previous settings if you do not confirm the new settings within 20 seconds.

Select 4K TV Details in Settings to see more information about your TV's capabilities.

Information Source (Credits): https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/display-sound/change-tv-display-resolution

Pay attention to your answer, try the method to see if it works for you.

Sincerely,
    Oskayra.
  3. RafałJuszczak Win User

Xbox Series X - No 120HZ option on any resolution.

I have same issue but with my Acer Nitro VG271 144Hz. Xbox series X won’t run at 120Hz 1080p. That must be problem with xbox series x because works perfect with Asus RX480 8GB (144Hz 1080p HDMI2.0). I am very dissapointed. 60hz is a joke.
  4. ROBIN H 25 Win User

120hz

for 120hz you need i think hdmi2.1.

besides connecting the s at 120hz is not going to magically let it run at 120fps, you will be lucky to get 40fps on most games. kills my eyes running so slow.
    HDMI 2.1 is only needed if you plan to game at 4K for 120hz , on a 4K 144hz monitor, However there's no gaming monitors available at the moment, that yet has HDMI 2.1, the first HDMI 2.1 monitors that are likely to come in are around the same time as the
    Series X (Q4) launch or early 2021 (Q1),

1080p and some 1440p monitors can do 120hz over HDMI 1.4 if it's supported, but best ideally is HDMI 2.0 for 1440p for 120hz,

HDMI 2.0 can do 1080p / 1440p at 120hz and 4K at 60hz,

HDMI 2.1 can do 1080p / 1440p / 4K at 120hz.

For the Xbox Series X, it best to get a 4K TV or monitor that supports 120hz and has HDMI 2.1, to get the full potential out of the Series X.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox Series X on a monitor

Hi,

This is the same monitor as I have. I mainly use it for my PC, but I've also connected my Series S to it too. Unfortunately, you won't be able to select 1440P and 120Hz on the LG 27GN850 as it tops out at 100Hz on HDMI at 1440P.

The work around is to change the resolution to 1080P and then select 120Hz. Games on the Series X will still render at 4K but be super-sampled down to 1080P. Yes, it's not as good as the native resolution, but the loss in picture quality shouldn't be that
    noticeable. I'm pretty impressed how my Series S looks on it.
  6. ROBIN H 25 Win User

: Xbox serie x 120 FPS TV Samsung 55TU8005

Oh okay, but i can’t turn 120 fps on a low résolution ? I Know we must to have 2.1 hdmi for 4k120fps, and my motion rate is 120 , its not good ? , so i cant have any 120 fps mode ? , i dont understand wy Samsung Bride this .thank for your repons
    Motion rate doesn't make your TV 120hz,

Your TV is a 60hz display with a 120hz motion rate, motion rate is more for watching movies or fast action sports from my understanding, making fast running/moving images look smoother and less blurry,

I also have a 4K Samsung TV, which is a 60hz display that has a 120hz motion rate,

It doesn't matter what resolution you choose 1080p / 4K, if it's a 60hz display, the most you'll get is 60 fps

The LG CX is the best TV for Series X at the moment or your going to be looking at a PC Gaming monitor where you can get 1080p 144hz / 1440p 144hz or 4K 144hz,

with 1080p and 1440p 144hz monitors you can get to play at 120hz which will get you to 120fps for games on Series X, 4K is more demanding and most games will be locked to 60 fps at 4K on Series X.
Thema:

1. why can’t I run 120hz at 1080p xbox series x on LG 34GL750 - Similar Threads - why can’t run

2. Why can’t I get my V-bucks gift card to redeem?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I get my V-bucks gift card to redeem?: Hey! My brother recently gave me a gift card for 2800 vbucks and i wanted to redeem it. So i went to Fortnite.com and went to redeem my code. It let me put in the code, but after i did that it...
  3. Why can’t I play split screen and online with friends at same time in human fall flat?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I play split screen and online with friends at same time in human fall flat?: Is there any way to play split screen on human fall flat and online at the same time? 98967722-9b3e-4cdd-8530-75181ef4125f
  4. Why can’t I access Xbox at all?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I access Xbox at all?: My sister has a Microsoft account and can log into Minecraft just fine, but when I try to access anything else Xbox related it just signs me out. I know this isn’t an internet issue because I...
  5. Why can’t I play single player on games that offer both- single and multiplayer options?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can’t I play single player on games that offer both- single and multiplayer options?: I have Minecraft and other games that allow you to play solo, no multiplayer. When I click the game it says “ looks like you need to renew Xbox game pass. If your subscriptions current try...
  6. Why can’t I play final shape my 10 days went through it took money out of my account and it...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I play final shape my 10 days went through it took money out of my account and it...: So what’s happening here 7ed89430-0298-4b16-a1d1-f59db3a60805
  7. I can’t figure out why I cannot connect to parties or games even when my internet is connected.

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can’t figure out why I cannot connect to parties or games even when my internet is connected.: About 2 weeks ago I all of a sudden could not join parties, or even connect to online games. When I go to network settings it says I am connected, and that my NAT type is open, but when I join a...
  8. Why can’t I talk to people through my Xbox after I went through a suspension, it was...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I talk to people through my Xbox after I went through a suspension, it was...: Got comms banned waited till I was un banned and I still can’t speak to people a41bc0f5-01be-4c3d-922a-f89eda451e3b
  9. Why can’t I play Fortnite Any more I keeps asking for parents to hit and allow you to play...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I play Fortnite Any more I keeps asking for parents to hit and allow you to play...: Why won’t you let me play Fortnite any more it says it needs 83.39GB and won’t let me in stall c29f4729-c0cc-4f66-b023-cb6fe76e126e
  10. Why do optimized games install on external storage if they can’t run there?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do optimized games install on external storage if they can’t run there?: I just installed a game, and it didn’t ask me where to install. I’ve got plenty of room on my Xbox but for some reason it installed the optimized for Xbox game on the external hard drive even tho...