Why can’t I redeem a Xbox Game Pass Ultimate code?

Discus and support Why can’t I redeem a Xbox Game Pass Ultimate code? in XBoX Sales and Promo to solve the problem; I have a prepaid code for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, but whenever I try to redeem it it claims, “This free trial is for new customers only”. I’m not... Discussion in 'XBoX Sales and Promo' started by MasterOfRhaast, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Why can’t I redeem a Xbox Game Pass Ultimate code?

I have a prepaid code for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, but whenever I try to redeem it it claims, “This free trial is for new customers only”. I’m not using a free trial, I’m using a prepaid code. What is going on? How can I redeem the code?

:)

MasterOfRhaast, Jan 28, 2021
  2. Francia J. Win User

I added a 12-month xBox Gold Ultimate subscription, but it shows 2021

You indeed bought a year of Xbox Live Gold subscription, the reason why it was converted to Xbox game pass ultimate is because you have an active Xbox Game Pass Ultimate when you redeem the code.

Sorry but there is no annual Xbox game pass ultimate yet.
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

Xbox Gold conversion

If you are already a Game Pass Ultimate subscriber, then any Gold codes you redeem will be converted to Game Pass Ultimate. If you are not an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Subscriber, then no, the Gold codes should not convert to Game Pass Ultimate.
  4. XBF Erick C Win User

Xbox Gold ultimate

Hey there EliteCrossFire1,

Thank you for reaching out to us on the forums, if you redeem the Xbox Live Gold code while your Game Pass Ultimate subscription is still active, then you would not be receiving the full time that is shown on the prepaid card.

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate FAQ

"With Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, can I still redeem codes for Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Game Pass?

Yes, These codes will automatically convert to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate at a ratio based on the ERP (Estimated Retail Price) of those codes. Conversion rates are subject to change"

If you want to keep the Ultimate subscription then you can redeem your code but just keep in mind that you won't receive the full time shown on the card as it will convert the time according to the price of the Ultimate. If you want to stop using the Ultimate
    subscription then I would advise that you wait for the subscription to expire before you redeem the Xbox Live Gold subscription.

I hope this helps.
  5. NaZoooom Win User

GOLD LIVE 1year subscriptions converting to 3month Ultimate

The below is taken from the
    Gamepass FAQ
    :

After you join Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, you can continue to redeem Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Game Pass codes. These codes will automatically convert to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate at a ratio based on the ERP (Estimated Retail
    Price) of those codes. Conversion ratio subject to change.

The reason why this happens is that your Ultimate includes both Live Gold and GamePass and your voucher is therefore redeemed and converted to reflect this. There is also always a warning before and Live Gold or Gamepass voucher is being added to an ultimate
    subscription as mentioned by Salmoro.
  6. RedCarGamer Win User

I was about to redeem a code for 3 months of gold and it would only redeem as 1 month of ultimate

If you had Xbox Game Pass Ultimate already active before you redeem that code, when you enter a code for Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass it will add as Game Pass Ultimate and not only Xbox Game Pass, is this your case?
Thema:

Why can’t I redeem a Xbox Game Pass Ultimate code?

1. Why can’t I redeem a Xbox Game Pass Ultimate code? - Similar Threads - Why can’t redeem

2. Why can’t I get my V-bucks gift card to redeem?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I get my V-bucks gift card to redeem?: Hey! My brother recently gave me a gift card for 2800 vbucks and i wanted to redeem it. So i went to Fortnite.com and went to redeem my code. It let me put in the code, but after i did that it...
  3. Why can’t I play split screen and online with friends at same time in human fall flat?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I play split screen and online with friends at same time in human fall flat?: Is there any way to play split screen on human fall flat and online at the same time? 98967722-9b3e-4cdd-8530-75181ef4125f
  4. Why can’t I access Xbox at all?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I access Xbox at all?: My sister has a Microsoft account and can log into Minecraft just fine, but when I try to access anything else Xbox related it just signs me out. I know this isn’t an internet issue because I...
  5. Why can’t I play single player on games that offer both- single and multiplayer options?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can’t I play single player on games that offer both- single and multiplayer options?: I have Minecraft and other games that allow you to play solo, no multiplayer. When I click the game it says “ looks like you need to renew Xbox game pass. If your subscriptions current try...
  6. Why can’t I play final shape my 10 days went through it took money out of my account and it...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I play final shape my 10 days went through it took money out of my account and it...: So what’s happening here 7ed89430-0298-4b16-a1d1-f59db3a60805
  7. Why can’t I redeem rewards?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can’t I redeem rewards?: When I try to redeem rewards the site prompts me to try again or contact support. When I click support, it says my account “doesn’t follow the rules” and it locks the entries for the support form...
  8. why can’t I redeem my gift?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why can’t I redeem my gift?: I received a gift from a friend and I just can’t redeem it at all. it’s the correct code and everything but continuously tells me the code wasn’t found. the game was worth 70 dollars and I can’t...
  9. Why can’t i redeem my xbox rewards points?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t i redeem my xbox rewards points?: I have 4,000 xbox rewards points that I cant redeem and it’s been like this for a couple of weeks now. When i go to redeem my points on a reward a message pops up saying thanks and that i was...
  10. Why can’t I find the tab to redeem digital direct offers?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I find the tab to redeem digital direct offers?: There’s two parts to this question: 1. Does any Xbox Series S included the Gilded Hunter bundle? (Fortnite, Rocket league, and Fall Guys) because I have an Xbox Series S and I want the bundle for...