Why can't I put in a service order for my Elite Series 2 controller?

Discus and support Why can't I put in a service order for my Elite Series 2 controller? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Recently I got an Xbox Elite Series 2 controller that has had constant problems. Every time I press in the right stick, the controller shuts all the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Luke Butt, Jan 20, 2024.

1. Luke Butt
    Luke Butt Guest

Recently I got an Xbox Elite Series 2 controller that has had constant problems. Every time I press in the right stick, the controller shuts all the way down and takes several seconds to a minute to reboot. This made the controller completely useless for actual gameplay, so I used the warranty, ordered a service request, sent it in, and got it fixed. It worked, until it didn't a few days later with the EXACT SAME ISSUE!

I would much prefer to either get a replacement item or just a refund at this point (I've seen people online who've sent in their controllers up to FIVE TIMES), but I can't even put in an actual service order again! After clicking the 'start order' button and verifying the serial number, the only category that is available is 'accessories' which, regardless of what I click after, is just ordering new parts (charging cord, case, paddles, ext) and not an actual request for a fix or replacement of this broken item.

So what's the deal here? I am well under warranty, as I've only had this controller for a month. Why can't I put in another service request? Can someone help me either get a replacement or just give me a refund so I can get a different controller? Because I'm already getting tired of constantly waiting for repairs and would rather not do this five more times.

:)

Luke Butt, Jan 20, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Luke, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I truly am sorry to hear that.

I kindly ask you to speak with the XBOX Staff.

Please enter this link:

https://support.xbox.com/contact-us
  3. mehly Win User

Elite Series 2 Controller has unresponsive face buttons (ABXY)

I have exactly the same issue with the new Series 2 controllers. I ordered the Electronic Volt version, but had to refund it because of the mentioned problem. Then I ordered the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller, thinking a 150€ controller sure can't have these problems, but I was wrong.

So here I am, stuck my old Elite Series 1 controller that still works after several years, but starts to show wear, and I can't upgrade to Series 2 without winning the series-2-build-quality-lottery.
  4. Suitch Win User

Warranty help with Elite 2 Halo infinite edition

Can we get ahold someone who can answer this for certain? I am also having an issue with my right thumbstick and this is a very expensive, and DIFFERENT product from a normal Elite Series 2 controller. If Microsoft/Xbox can't warranty the specific sku, then why is there even a warranty in the box at all? If they were to send a regular Elite Series 2 back after a Halo Infinite version is sent in, then they would be performing a scam--not a warranty service.
  5. tejo chase Win User

How is this ok?

The elite series one controller never had Bluetooth so you would've received exactly what you ordered if you need Bluetooth you need a new edition standard controller or an elite series 2
  6. NeoDan123 Win User

Xbox elite controller 2

Each Elite controller series 2 comes with 1 set of paddles. You can order replacement paddles, thumbsticks etc.

Series 1 paddles, thumbsticks is not compatible with series 2.
Thema:

1. Why can't I put in a service order for my Elite Series 2 controller? - Similar Threads - Why can't put

2. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  3. Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...: When I stream on Discord from my Xbox, the audio of the GTA 4 game is not heard in the stream.and I stream another old game like gear of war 1 and 2 and the one I have problems with in gta 4...
  4. Why can't we stream on YouTube straight from Xbox?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't we stream on YouTube straight from Xbox?: Look Xbox does let us stream straight from our consoles to twitch and other services that makes you pay to stream from the console to YouTube which is really unfair. I did try to post a similar...
  5. Why can't I choose a folder to download my games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I choose a folder to download my games?: When I try to install some games, it asks me to choose a folder for my games on my C drive. When I choose a folder, it says "You can't set your default install location to that folder. Try another...
  6. Why can't my YouTube run over 360p?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't my YouTube run over 360p?: It's been happening since the day before I posted this. Anytime I try to watch a video on 720p and above stops and lags horribly. Even on ads it lags. ccbcd827-1b3e-4eec-b7cd-da298ea6865f
  7. Why can't I play star wars knights of the old republic

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I play star wars knights of the old republic: Why can't I play star wars knights of the old republic 69ff5b72-b369-44eb-bcfc-8d6a37c0fed2
  8. Why can't I play fallout 76 keeps saying to put in my pin but then I do and it asks again...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play fallout 76 keeps saying to put in my pin but then I do and it asks again...: Why can't I play fallout 76 a923d6b0-3d69-4230-8a4e-e20a48921a84
  9. why does just an account i dont want to play on just instantly put itself on and i can't...

in XBoX Accessibility
    why does just an account i dont want to play on just instantly put itself on and i can't...: it just doesnt let me sign in to the desired account i also could not find a guide or something to help me with this thing anywhere bd98c562-ad88-40d5-8763-9502068fbc7c
  10. Why can't I put my gamertag -ThcKraven- it's for my clan man thc stands for the hell clan

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I put my gamertag -ThcKraven- it's for my clan man thc stands for the hell clan: Why can't I put my gamertag -ThcKraven- it's for my clan man thc stands for the hell clan 7234c3fd-6d9f-4209-8642-3db91796e26c