why cant i play on both the xbox and the pc with the same account

Discus and support why cant i play on both the xbox and the pc with the same account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have Call of Duty® Modern Warfare® II installed on my PC but it didn’t play very well ( old PC ) so I got Call of Duty® Modern Warfare® II for my new... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Bryan H 1950, Nov 9, 2022.

1. Bryan H 1950
    Bryan H 1950 Guest

I have Call of Duty® Modern Warfare® II installed on my PC but it didn’t play very well ( old PC ) so I got Call of Duty® Modern Warfare® II for my new Xbox series X that I set using my old Xbox 360 account but when I try to play MWII it asks me to log in which i did but then it comes up with this error " Account could not be linked because that Activision account is already linked to a different account of the same type" is it possible it thinks I have 2 Xboxes maybe?

Can anyone please help as I am unable to play my game on the Xbox?

Thanks in advance

See Attached pictures
    why cant i play on both the xbox and the pc with the same account [​IMG]

why cant i play on both the xbox and the pc with the same account [​IMG]

:)

Bryan H 1950, Nov 9, 2022
  2. Dérek Augusto Win User

This shows that your activision account is logged into another Microsoft account, friend.

Only 1 activision account can be logged into 1 microsoft account.
  3. Bryan H 1950 Win User

Hi Derek,

Thanks for your reply.

I have had already contacted Activision and received this reply below, as you can see he seems to think I can play on both platforms and I did ask if that was possible as my first question and they said yes I then asked the same question I posted here and they reply as below

"Thank you for reaching out to Activision Player Support! My name is Eric, I understand that you wanted to purchase the game on your Xbox and inquire about the progression. I would love to clarify this for you.

Upon checking, your Xbox account is already linked to your Activision account. In regards to your question, you can still play the game and enjoy your recent progress even if you are playing on your Xbox account."

I then received this reply

Thank you for your response. I won't recommend making a new Activision account if that is what you wish for because all of your progress stays on your original Activision account.

Since your Battlenet and Xbox accounts are already linked to your current Activision account, you can enjoy your progress even if you are using any platform that you wish for if you purchase the game again on your Xbox.

So I still dont have an answer to my issue?

Regards

Bryan
  4. Bryan H 1950 Win User

Hello Derek,

The game on Xbox asks me to login with my activision account and I only have one email and pass for activision so I cant login with anythng else, so what am I to do now?

Regards

Bryan
  5. Dérek Augusto Win User

You can access the game on the console, just using the same account that you play on the PC too, friend.

This is possible, as long as it really is the same microsoft account on the PC and on the console
  6. Dérek Augusto Win User

Hello!

My name is Dérek, I'm an independent platform consultant and I'm grateful for the opportunity to help you.

Bryan, your Activision account may be logged into only 1 Microsoft account of yours.

As you already play the game on the PC, you will only be able to access the game with this account, and it is not possible to connect another account.

If you still want to unlink this account, you can contact activision and ask them to manage this link with the account.

I remain at your disposal if you have any further questions.
Thema:

1. why cant i play on both the xbox and the pc with the same account - Similar Threads - why cant play

2. Why cant I play a friend on my ultimate pass

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why cant I play a friend on my ultimate pass: When I play a freind why does it keep going to cloud game and not normal game download 33560f2e-350b-42e1-9dd9-95a4cd9cd297
  3. Why cant i play my previously owned digital games after my 2 year gamepass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant i play my previously owned digital games after my 2 year gamepass?: For several years i have owned Halo The Master Chief Collection (and DLC) Plants Vs Zombies Castle Crashers Battle Block Theater and recently after my 24 month Xbox Game Pass Ultimate...
  4. System forcing me to subscribe to game pass to play resident evile 5 why and why cant i...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    System forcing me to subscribe to game pass to play resident evile 5 why and why cant i...: System forcing me to subscribe to game pass to play Resident evil 5 and i've gone off line to play and it wont let either when i try to play offline it say " due to communication error the network...
  5. why cant i play r6 even tho i have game pass ultimate

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why cant i play r6 even tho i have game pass ultimate: i have monthly paid for game pass ultimate and have been playing seige for the past 7 months but suddenly i have not been able to play because it says i need game pass the payment has came out of...
  6. Why I cant play gta 5

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why I cant play gta 5: My game worked until the update and now I can't play 2c7db40d-b1e8-4bd0-b098-d332946ca19f
  7. .why cant i play fh3 online on xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    .why cant i play fh3 online on xbox: Hi. I just bought xbox live gold(core) and i want to play forza horizon 3 online but the option doesnt open in the game. On my profile it says that i am able to play online, so i redeemed the code...
  8. Hello Why can't I invite game to my friends! And i cant play online games

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hello Why can't I invite game to my friends! And i cant play online games: Hello Why can't I invite game to my friends! And i cant play online games 4178a91d-d1dc-4e4b-a91f-53ad85ce6bfb
  9. i preordered mw3 why cant i play it now that it’s been released?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i preordered mw3 why cant i play it now that it’s been released?: i preordered MW3 and when i enter the game it just shows me that all game modes are locked until i buy the game. i don’t understand why it wants me to purchase it again. i have already had issues...
  10. Why cant I play the MW3 campaign early on my account?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why cant I play the MW3 campaign early on my account?: The account that pre ordered the game is the home xbox on the console, but it wont let the other accounts on there play it. Other games that are shared by the home xbox account still work....