Why can’t I play java edition?

Discus and support Why can’t I play java edition? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I just got a Pc and i’ve wanted to play java edition of minecraft for a very long time, when installing the deluxe edition however it’s saying I own... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Cage Alt, Nov 24, 2023.

1. Cage Alt
    Cage Alt Guest

I just got a Pc and i’ve wanted to play java edition of minecraft for a very long time, when installing the deluxe edition however it’s saying I own both editions but can only play bedrock. Disappointed but hoping you all can help me

:)

Cage Alt, Nov 24, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Cage Alt,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Cage Alt,

Thank you for your prompt response.

Here are the additional troubleshooting that we can perform.

Make sure Windows is up to date

• Press the Start button on the taskbar, type settings, and then select Settings.
    • On Windows 10, select Update & Security. On Windows 11, select Windows Update.
    • On the Windows Update page, select Check for updates to see if any updates are available
    including optional updates for your device.

• Once the updates have downloaded, select Install now to start the installation.
    • Following installation, we recommend that you restart your device so that the latest updates can take effect.
    Make sure Xbox app is up to date.

• Press the Start button on the taskbar, type store, and open the Microsoft Store app.
    • Select Library.
    • Under Updates & downloads, check if there is any updates available for the Xbox app. If an update is available, select Update.
    Make sure you are signed in to the Xbox app and the Store with the same account.

> To make sure your permissions for the game can be validated, be sure to sign in to both the Store and the Xbox app using the same account that was used to purchase the game.

Repair the game.

• Open the Xbox app for Windows.
    • In My Library, select the game title.
    • Select the More options (…) button and choose Manage.
    • Select Files and then Verify and repair.

Reset Microsoft Store

• Press Windows key + R and type wsreset.exe then hit enter.
    • An empty Command prompt will pop open. Let it be for a few seconds and the command line will close automatically (after it has cleared the cache behind the background) and Microsoft Store will be launched in its place.
    Uninstall and reinstall Minecraft Launcher from Minecraft:

Uninstall Minecraft Launcher again, restart your computer, this time visit the Minecraft website given below:

https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/download

Click DOWNLOAD FOR WINDOWS 10/11, install it and open the Minecraft Launcher.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

4. Cage Alt Win User

I’m running Windows 10 (can’t get 11) and it’s only letting me play the demos form java edition
  5. Cage Alt Win User

I’ve downloaded the launcher and it’s saying I have bedrock not java, and when I go to buy it, it says I already own it.
  6. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Cage Alt,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It appears that you are trying to play specific edition of Minecraft in your device and is unable to. Let us work as a team to get to the bottom of this.

We would like to ask few questions to help us isolate the issue further.

1. What specific edition of Minecraft was tied up to your account?

2. Can you sign to Minecraft website and check what edition of Minecraft is tied up to your account? Sign in here: Log in | Minecraft

For the meantime, to play Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition for PC, you'll just need to install the Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition from the Xbox app for PC (or from the Microsoft Store) Once you’ve got Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition for PC installed, you will see all your owned Minecraft games listed individually. You can then install and play them all from within the Minecraft Launcher! You must have purchase the game or it is included in Xbox Game Pass or Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription.

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Thema:

1. Why can’t I play java edition? - Similar Threads - Why can’t play

2. Why can’t I play split screen and online with friends at same time in human fall flat?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I play split screen and online with friends at same time in human fall flat?: Is there any way to play split screen on human fall flat and online at the same time? 98967722-9b3e-4cdd-8530-75181ef4125f
  3. Why can’t I play single player on games that offer both- single and multiplayer options?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can’t I play single player on games that offer both- single and multiplayer options?: I have Minecraft and other games that allow you to play solo, no multiplayer. When I click the game it says “ looks like you need to renew Xbox game pass. If your subscriptions current try...
  4. Why can’t I play final shape my 10 days went through it took money out of my account and it...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I play final shape my 10 days went through it took money out of my account and it...: So what’s happening here 7ed89430-0298-4b16-a1d1-f59db3a60805
  5. Why can’t I play Fortnite Any more I keeps asking for parents to hit and allow you to play...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I play Fortnite Any more I keeps asking for parents to hit and allow you to play...: Why won’t you let me play Fortnite any more it says it needs 83.39GB and won’t let me in stall c29f4729-c0cc-4f66-b023-cb6fe76e126e
  6. Why can’t I play fallout4 online it keeps throwing me off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I play fallout4 online it keeps throwing me off: Yes since Monday I haven’t been able to play online Xbox fallout 4 and it’s annoying cause I pay for this feature 92633e48-4b06-4047-8f61-ec3ce198e58e
  7. Why can’t I connect to Xbox Live while playing Black Ops 1?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can’t I connect to Xbox Live while playing Black Ops 1?: I just downloaded Black Ops 1 and whenever I go to the main menu, it automatically signs me out and when I go to sign back in, it says that I can’t connect to Xbox Live. I checked my consoles...
  8. Why can’t I play game pass games, if I have game pass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I play game pass games, if I have game pass?: I have gamepass ultimate for another month, it expires on the 24th of January, 24 days from now, and I can’t launch or play any game pass games at all but I can play all my bought games, what is...
  9. Why can’t I play MW3. I’ve just got it today and I get the problem HUENEME-NEGEV. What does...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I play MW3. I’ve just got it today and I get the problem HUENEME-NEGEV. What does...: This has happened with both previous modern warfares. Not with any CODs before. This is the same message I get each time and never get online again. I’ve just got this game now....
  10. Why can’t I play my Gears 5 online without them trying to sell me Game Pass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I play my Gears 5 online without them trying to sell me Game Pass?: So I was playing Gears 5 on disc before years ago but lost my disc. Then years later I started playing on my brothers Game Pass until it ran out. So yesterday I went to the store and bought...