Why can't I play games I've installed on my computer?

Discus and support Why can't I play games I've installed on my computer? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have spent the better part of 8 hours between yesterday and now today trying to get ahold of someone at Microsoft or Xbox to get help with my issue.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jack bXX, Jun 21, 2023.

1. Jack bXX
    Jack bXX Guest

I have spent the better part of 8 hours between yesterday and now today trying to get ahold of someone at Microsoft or Xbox to get help with my issue. I am always met with an outsourced individual that barely speaks English that never can solve my problem. I've been hung up on twice and through three other calls I have been transferred through different departments because not a single one of them can solve my issue. At one point the lady was so clueless as to how to help me she sent me a email to a link that sent me straight back to the Xbox support page on the Xbox website which is how I contacted them in the first place. She then proceeded to stay silent until I asked her if she wanted me to hang up and call again and she literally said yes then hung up. Last Night I was in a chat with a virtual agent for almost two hours describing my issue hoping to finally have someone that might help only for me to be stone walled the whole time until she told to that we would go through the same problem solving steps I had been doing all day. Which inevitably resulted in me having to restart my PC and disconnecting me from the chat. It is now the following morning. I have now tried to call or receive a call back from Xbox support 4 times in the last twenty minutes. The first call hung up on me the moment they answered and the next three tries have resulted in the same message stating they LITERALLY WONT CALL ME BACK. Hopefully this post will lead to something because after this I will just resort to never buying any Microsoft or Xbox products again because they simple don't **** work. My issue is that when I try to launch a game either through the Xbox app or the Microsoft store I get the same error code error code (-2015294512). I have followed all of the steps under Troubleshoot issues with the Xbox app for windows a dozen times. I also ran Microsoft PowerShell as administrator and deleted gaming services and reinstalled it about six times in various ways. Every app I have is up to date as far as I know. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the games through either Xbox or Microsoft store. I am on windows ten and refuse to be forced to upgrade to the **** windows eleven. I let one of the people from Xbox support take control of my computer and he did a bunch of stuff not explaining any of it but he went into services and set a bunch of Xbox apps to automatic. He then went into the Microsoft store and made sure all of the apps in there was updated. He was the first to hang up. I wouldn't be so mad if I hadn't been jerked around for hours by incompetent people and I paid for a service I can't utilize. The thing that gets me is that I can't play computer games through the computer game company its baffling. I will try calling in a few hours an asking for a superior if the call even goes through if nothing else happens I will look into getting my 2 Microsoft accounts permanently deleted and stick to steam because never had a problem with them.

:)

Jack bXX, Jun 21, 2023
  2. Jack bXX Win User

1. The issue started 4 years ago but I forgot it was an issue and never cared to play any games through microsoft until now

2. I do not know if there has been changes to the device other than having a friend help me update my drivers because I have no clue how to do that

3. It happens to every game I've tried to install through the xbox app or microsoft store not through any other gaming retailer

4. I do not use any third party software

5. No I will not install windows 11

6. I was trying to use the xbox gamepass subscription I bought and couldn't play any of the games

7. I am not a member of xbox insider or pc insider

8. I have never been able to play any game through any xbox or microsoft applications

9. versions 2306.1001.16.0

13.78.12002.0 (Gaming Services)

5.823.3261.0 (Xbox Game Bar)

10. I did the reset and am redownloading a game to try and start it up when it doesn't work I will follow up with the system scan
  3. Tomm_A Win User

Hello,

We haven't heard from you in 72 hours, so we assume your problem has been solved. We won't be monitoring this topic going forward, so if you need more help, please create a new topic to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com).

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully

Microsoft Community
  4. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Jack bXX,

Thank you for sharing your concern here in Xbox Community Forum and we hope that all is well.

We deeply apologized for your experienced you had with our live support channel. This is not the experienced that we wanted you to have. Since you are with us here in community forum, we will help you resolve your concern by following more troubleshooting steps in a timely manner.

It appears that you are getting a file system error (-2015294512) when launching games. We would like to ask few questions to help us isolate the issue further so that we can provide the most accurate information on how to resolve the problem.

1. When did the issue start?

2. Has there been any changes with the device before this issue happen?

3. Is this happening to all the games or just specific game?

4. Do you use third-party software such as antivirus, antimalware, VPN, firewall, proxy, and PC Optimizer? If so, please try disabling the antimalware and try launching the games again.

5. When you checked the Windows update, did you download and install all available updates, including optional updates?

6. Did you purchase the games or purchase them through the Xbox Game Pass subscription?

7. Are you a member of Xbox Insider or PC Insider?

8. When was the last time you have played the game?

9. Are you a member of Xbox Insider or PC Insider?

10. We'd like to ask you about the version of the Xbox app and gaming services. To check this, > select the Xbox app Account picture > Settings > About.

For the meantime, we are going to reset Microsoft Store app. To do so, follow the steps below:

1. Open Microsoft Store and click on your profile on top right and sign out. Then try signing in the account where the license of the game were tied up.

2. Reset Microsoft Store using this command:

• Press Windows key + R and in run dialog box, type wsreset.exe and hit OK.
    • An empty Command prompt will pop open. Let it be for a few seconds and the command line will close automatically (after it has cleared the cache behind the background) and Microsoft Store will be launched in its place.
    • Try launching the game again.
    3. Perform a full system scan. This will scan and recover corrupted system files.

• In the Windows search bar, search for Command Prompt and Run as administrator.
    • Copy the command one line at a time below it and paste it at the command prompt:
    > DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

> DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

> DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

> SFC /scannow

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Microsoft Community Moderator
  5. bzubrick Win User

I can't install a game I've played for

Same thing here except I bought and installed on the 7th. Played on the 7th and a few day after. Came back to it probably around the 12th as well, may a couple of days after 12th, not having the Ready to install issue though, tried reinstalling, reset Xbox
    One X, hard restart still getting the error.
  6. brandiesel1 Win User

I can't install a game I've played for

Hold the power button on the console for a full 10 seconds until it turns off. Turn it on again and see if it’s in your ready to install section.
Thema:

1. Why can't I play games I've installed on my computer? - Similar Threads - Why can't play

2. Why can't I play star wars knights of the old republic

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I play star wars knights of the old republic: Why can't I play star wars knights of the old republic 69ff5b72-b369-44eb-bcfc-8d6a37c0fed2
  3. Why can't I play online

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I play online: I can't sign in to Xbox plus there is other issue that happened it was dragon ball Sparking zero does not appear in the store what is going on abf0550b-4ad5-4bcb-9146-e7b273b17096
  4. Why can't I play games on my Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I play games on my Xbox?: I have an Xbox series S btw when I click on a game it doesn't launch it and gives me a grey screen for a couple of seconds, then goes back to the home screen. I've searched online and tried...
  5. why can't I play with my friend

in XBoX on Consoles
    why can't I play with my friend: Hi, So I'm having issues with my Minecraft, I keep trying to join my friend's world, but it keeps saying it's an outdated client. I don't know what that means, or how to fix that. I've tried...
  6. Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I play forza horizon 5 without buying game Pass when I owned it before it was...: Ever since I redownloaded it I have been unable to play online and wants me to buy game pass when I try to go online. How do I solve this without spending money? 9bac4131-b861-4132-9bd3-d1e363dc76a6
  7. It's not possible I can't delete the list of players I played against recently, why can't I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    It's not possible I can't delete the list of players I played against recently, why can't I...: It's not possible I can't delete the list of players I played against recently, why can't I delete? I don't want them to see it, so why force it on me? c955e220-4888-475b-9a83-ac395c024dcb
  8. Why Can't I Play Fnaf 4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why Can't I Play Fnaf 4: Hi, I have a problem with microsoft store because I can't play Fnaf 4 even though, I bought it on play store with my google account and I use my google account for Microsoft store....
  9. Why can't I play Minecraft?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I play Minecraft?: I received an email on March 17th, 2020 telling me my mojang account (with minecraft purchased) was migrated to microsoft. And yet I cannot access Minecraft for some reason. I signed in with my...
  10. Why can't I play with people on dark souls 3, payday 2 and monster hunter world

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't I play with people on dark souls 3, payday 2 and monster hunter world: Before my mother changed the wifi provider I could play with people on these games but ever since it has been changed I couldn't play with anyone and I don't know why...