Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty

Discus and support Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Last week, I sent my Elite Two controller for repair because the buttons started to wear down. However, after getting it back, one of the pads (P2) is... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by partimeblasterz, Apr 16, 2024.

1. Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty

Last week, I sent my Elite Two controller for repair because the buttons started to wear down. However, after getting it back, one of the pads (P2) is unresponsive and requires very hard presses to work. So, I am trying to send it back because something went wrong, but I can't place a repair order. Can I get some help

:)

partimeblasterz, Apr 16, 2024
  2. - AJ - Win User

Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty

Hi, Partimeblasterz! Thank you for reaching out.
    I'm AJ, an Independent Advisor for the Xbox Community.
    I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your controller.

May I ask exactly what happens when you try to create a service order for your controller? do you get any error codes/messages?

-------

Due to the nature of your query, I find it important to offer a friendly reminder that this is a public forum and personal information should not be posted here. Please make sure not to accidentally reveal any personal information in the form of text, pictures, or other media.

I'll be looking forward to your reply.
    Best regards.
  3. Sammoth Win User

Left Bumper Button Fallen Out of Controller

What do you say is it's an Elite Controller doing that ? Warranty is up but, why can't they repair the $150 supposedly durable controllers ?
  4. ngocphi Win User

Why doesnt Microsoft make their warranty as a 1 year or however long you bought and then 1 repair after that time period.

Huh

Its 90 days after the free repair or the remainder of the warranty whichever is longer that's pretty standard

At the cost of controllers nowadays you could buy one new unless you are talking about elites

And controller warranty is 1 year from the date of purchase

And this is why you buy extended warranty

There is no 3 years on controllers

Elites have 2 year warranties fyi
  5. HAZMAT RADIO Win User

Device Service and Repair Not Working

NOTE: Xbox Accessories (controllers, elite controllers, headsets and so on just have a 90 day warranty in the US)

Xbox Support might be able to help but that $150 controller just has a 90 day warranty.

Here in Australia The Elite Controller was covered by my Elite Consoles Warranty. I have already sent it in to be replaced twice (stupid rubber grips expanding).

If https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/devices was still working as it's supposed to It would be being replaced for a third time right now.
    There's the console which has it's own warranty and then the controller. The controller is not under a "console" warranty. Accessories, like controllers have their own warranty. In the states it's 90 days and in other countries it can be up to a year.

You can't create your own repair order for your controller. You'll have to contact Xbox Support for assistance.
  6. Loacker Christoph Win User

Why is customer friendliness so bad when it comes to warranty cases?

lmgtfy:

https://www.pcgamer.com/how-to-fix-xbox-elite-series-2-bumper/
    "The notorious Xbox Elite controller bumpers can and do fail..."

https://www.theverge.com/2020/10/15...-controller-series-2-hardware-issues-warranty

"...The Verge has received reports of the face buttons getting stuck, or the Elite 2 not registering button presses."

here we go

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/elite-series-2-bumper-repair/387f68c4-16f7-432a-9518-1c1ae04d3a3f

I
    tried to fill out repair order, but, as mentioned above, those are the only options i got.

Bumper IS a known issue, as you can see.

Btw., it doenst matter what caused 2 years warranty, it is in place and i'm in the right to use it.
Thema:

1. Why can't I place a repair order for my elite controller 2 despite having a warranty - Similar Threads - Why can't place

2. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  3. Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...: When I stream on Discord from my Xbox, the audio of the GTA 4 game is not heard in the stream.and I stream another old game like gear of war 1 and 2 and the one I have problems with in gta 4...
  4. Why can't we stream on YouTube straight from Xbox?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't we stream on YouTube straight from Xbox?: Look Xbox does let us stream straight from our consoles to twitch and other services that makes you pay to stream from the console to YouTube which is really unfair. I did try to post a similar...
  5. Why can't I choose a folder to download my games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I choose a folder to download my games?: When I try to install some games, it asks me to choose a folder for my games on my C drive. When I choose a folder, it says "You can't set your default install location to that folder. Try another...
  6. Why can't my YouTube run over 360p?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't my YouTube run over 360p?: It's been happening since the day before I posted this. Anytime I try to watch a video on 720p and above stops and lags horribly. Even on ads it lags. ccbcd827-1b3e-4eec-b7cd-da298ea6865f
  7. Why can't I play star wars knights of the old republic

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I play star wars knights of the old republic: Why can't I play star wars knights of the old republic 69ff5b72-b369-44eb-bcfc-8d6a37c0fed2
  8. Why can't I join my friends game session in black ops 2?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I join my friends game session in black ops 2?: I bought the digital version of black ops 2 and I can't join my friends online game sessions for black ops 2 zombies. I've read countless post with people with the same exact issue and no one can...
  9. Why can't I play online

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I play online: I can't sign in to Xbox plus there is other issue that happened it was dragon ball Sparking zero does not appear in the store what is going on abf0550b-4ad5-4bcb-9146-e7b273b17096
  10. Why can't I unblock people I didn't willingly block in the first place?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I unblock people I didn't willingly block in the first place?: So I woke up today and found out four people on my friends list got blocked but not by me or the only other person who has access to my account. (Younger brother, he doesn't lie or play pranks.) I...