Why can't i log into a new epic account using xbox

Discus and support Why can't i log into a new epic account using xbox in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; it keeps automatically signing into my old xbox account when i want to sign into a new one when going on the epic games launcher pls help... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Bill Nye1, Jul 22, 2023.

1. Bill Nye1
    Bill Nye1 Guest

it keeps automatically signing into my old xbox account when i want to sign into a new one when going on the epic games launcher pls help

:)

Bill Nye1, Jul 22, 2023
  2. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Hey Bill!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, an Independent Advisor. I'm sorry you are experiencing this on your Epic Games account. I am here to help.

It might be possible that your new Epic account is linked to your old Xbox account.

For us to confirm this and isolate the case, kindly use Windows PC or laptop device then use the Microsoft Edge browser > sign in using your email address that is linked with your new epic games account > set it as primary browser > then login through Epic Games Launcher.

Or go to your main browser and clear all of your cookies in settings for example chrome://settings/ click privacy and security and click clear browsing data and only check on cookies and other data then try to sign in to your new Epic account to see if it works.

Please take your time and let me know the results.

Reference link: https://www.reddit.com/r/FortNiteBR/comments/bb...

Note/Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  3. Tezzarrific Win User

How do i log into my epic account if i made it using my xbox account?

when you play an epic game on xbox for the first time it creates an epic account linked to the xbox account, to use that account on other platforms you need to make it a proper epic account by logging in on the website with xbox creds then create the account fully, it aint rocket science, why these independent advisors insist on being here is beyond me.
  4. JemSc Win User

Relink an unlink account on Fortnite

Sorry so the account on Xbox is good.

He logged in to the Epic Games portal on the PC and unlinked your Fortnite profile to the Xbox and then tried

He can log in but it shows a new version of his fornite account with the same screen name but no record, no saved data, no levels etc.

On the PC he can log in and play with all the attributes he previously had on the xbox.

It is the Fortnite account with the Xbox Live account that has changed so we need to relink the old Fornite account, which he can still use on the

PC by logging in to the Epic Games Launcher, back onto the Xbox.

When we try to connect the Epic Games account to the Xbox we get this

Sorry, but this xbl account has already been linked to another Epic Games account.

We tried deleting/uninstalling Fortnite on the xBox and reinstallign but it connected ot the new account that had been created !

We don't know how to unlink the xbox form the new account it created and sync the xbox to his Epic Games account

Sorry for the confusion but as I said I am really not goo at this stuff.

Hope that helps.
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

QUE HAGO? [Translation - WHAT DO I DO?]

From Epic Games' Support Center:
    **For Xbox Players** Due to limitations of our systems, linking your Xbox and Epic accounts can prevent you from being able to play Fortnite Save the World or Battle Royale on any other platforms. For this reason, we recommend linking your Xbox Live Gamertag to one Epic Account, while playing on PC using a second Epic Account.
    STEP 1: Visit the
    Fortnite Website

STEP 2: If you're already logged into an account, SIGN OUT.

STEP 3: Click the user icon at the top right of the page and select "Xbox."

STEP 4: Log in using your **Xbox Live credentials.** When you played on console, Epic created a temporary epic account for you based on your Xbox Live credentials, and signing in will allow you to promote
    it to a full Epic account. (Do not use the credentials for any existing Epic account.)

STEP 5: Once logged in, you will be asked to Register. In order to link the account, you will need to use an Email Address *and* Display Name that are NOT being used on another Epic account. (If you get
    an "account already linked" error message, you are most likely trying to use an email address or display name that is already in use.)

Bear in mind that all of your save data is tied to your Epic account that your Xbox name is linked to.

Once you've created your new Epic account (or promoted your console account to a full Epic account), you can return to Fortnite Scout and view your console stats with your new Epic username.
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

Account link

Hi jonasabde123,

That message means that the Microsoft Account you are trying to link has not been logged into an Xbox Live service. An Xbox profile is created and gamertag assigned when a new Microsoft account is added to an Xbox console, Xbox Console Companion app for
    Windows 10, Xbox 360, or account.xbox.com.

Before linking your Epic account we'll need to figure out why you can't login to Xbox. Where are you trying to login to Xbox Live and what is the error you are getting?

Give us some more information on the issue of not being able to log in to your Xbox Live account and what devices you've tried logging in.
Thema:

1. Why can't i log into a new epic account using xbox - Similar Threads - Why can't log

2. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  3. Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...: When I stream on Discord from my Xbox, the audio of the GTA 4 game is not heard in the stream.and I stream another old game like gear of war 1 and 2 and the one I have problems with in gta 4...
  4. Why can't we stream on YouTube straight from Xbox?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't we stream on YouTube straight from Xbox?: Look Xbox does let us stream straight from our consoles to twitch and other services that makes you pay to stream from the console to YouTube which is really unfair. I did try to post a similar...
  5. Why can't I choose a folder to download my games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I choose a folder to download my games?: When I try to install some games, it asks me to choose a folder for my games on my C drive. When I choose a folder, it says "You can't set your default install location to that folder. Try another...
  6. Why can't my Minecraft login to my Microsoft account, every time I log in it always returns...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't my Minecraft login to my Microsoft account, every time I log in it always returns...: Why can't my Minecraft login to my Microsoft account, every time I log in it always returns to the loading screen and I repeat this over and over again, the problem is always the same?...
  7. Can someone tell me why can't I log onto my live profile to play .

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can someone tell me why can't I log onto my live profile to play .: I'm trying to log on to my Xbox live link but it just says this profile is not allowed to play on Xbox live pleas help what should I do.. 0a774394-5bd6-4bab-b4da-e9c99dbc8b86
  8. Why can't I log into my Xbox Series S?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I log into my Xbox Series S?: I have an Xbox Series S. I was using it without any issue until 2 days ago. I kept getting signed out of my account and I restarted the console but that did not work, was still getting signed out....
  9. Why can't I log in on the Xbox Website?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I log in on the Xbox Website?: I have been trying to log in to fix something in my settings, however, when I try to log in I get an error saying "We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found"...
  10. Why can't I log in this specific account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can't I log in this specific account?: I can't log in the website xbox.com when trying to use my Microsoft account. I am logged in the Xbox app, but when I go to the website and click on sign in, sometimes it just refreshes without...