Why can't I leave my family group?

Discus and support Why can't I leave my family group? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; A long time ago, my father added my Microsoft access to a family group, and after a few years he left the family group. But my account was stuck and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AnasXAnastasio, Nov 5, 2023.

1. Why can't I leave my family group?

A long time ago, my father added my Microsoft access to a family group, and after a few years he left the family group.

But my account was stuck and couldn't be deleted

I always get the message "We're having trouble and can't remove Lil' from your family group right now. Please refresh or wait and try again." mistake.

:)

AnasXAnastasio, Nov 5, 2023
  2. David Wirsching Win User

Hello, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

We understand that you are having problems leaving your family group. This issue may be caused by a problem or a problem with the technical setup of your account. As family groups without an organizer and at least one other family member will be eliminated. If your parent isn't the only organizer in your family group, you can ask another organizer to delete your account.

Otherwise, you can try to leave the family group by following the steps below:

1. Sign in to your Microsoft account and go to the Family page. Link: Microsoft Family Safety

2. Click the "Leave Family" button.

3. If you receive an error message, try clearing your browser's cache and cookies and then try again.

4. If the issue persists, you can contact the Xbox Live support team for further assistance.

Regarding your issue with accessing multiplayer in Minecraft, you may need to adjust your family group settings (for children/family members, organizing access is only allowed in your account settings for multiplayer online. For more help, you may need help from our live support team),

Thank you for your kindness and understanding! Please feel free to let me know if you need anything else.
    Best regards.
  3. Kathy A. Win User

Can't leave a family group

Hi ElliottHowe,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forum. Thank you for sharing your concern with us today and we hope that all is well.

We understand that you are trying to add your son into your family group and was unable to because he is already part of one. Let us check on this together and sort this out in timely manner.

Since, you have already performed the steps provided on how to leave a family a member should do. To better isolate the issue, we will be asking few questions:

1. May we ask for the screenshot of the error message? Please conceal any personal information.
    2. May we ask if your son is signed in here- Microsoft Family Safety, do you somehow recognize the Organizer of the family he was added to?

(If you were unable to locate the Organizer, please scroll down and look for Find your family and scan the QR Code using your mobile phones.)
    3. Just to confirm, does your son have issues with signing into the account, purchase, screen time limit and play certain games?
    Please, do not forget to check here for known issues and support articles that might be related to your concern.

Account help - Microsoft Support

Getting started with Microsoft Family Safety

Xbox Status

Known Issues for Game Launches

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  4. Kathy A. Win User

Can't leave a family group

Hi ElliottHowe,

Hope you are doing fine.

We would like to follow up your concern.

Kindly let us know if you are still having issue by posting a reply.

Kind regards,

5. andersonpassos Win User

It says I'm in a family, but I'm not and now Microsoft won't let me play multiplayer Minecraft.

I understand, that's exactly why I advised you to create a new family group, to enter this new one and leave the supposed old group, that should solve the problem.
  6. Diabolical Gull Win User

Can't install a game

Hello Josef, yes I am part of a family group. There are 3 vertical dots but the only options are to change my profile picture or leave the family group. Thanks
Thema:

1. Why can't I leave my family group? - Similar Threads - Why can't leave

2. Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my xbox open any games or apps tried to open settings too but can't ive also...: Please fix it soon I have a job to do and want to play a few games before I gotta go to work but lately you guys have been having issues with your things and it's slightly missing me off, you guys...
  3. Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't you hear the audio of GTA 4 and the other games, you can hear it even if they are...: When I stream on Discord from my Xbox, the audio of the GTA 4 game is not heard in the stream.and I stream another old game like gear of war 1 and 2 and the one I have problems with in gta 4...
  4. Why can't we stream on YouTube straight from Xbox?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't we stream on YouTube straight from Xbox?: Look Xbox does let us stream straight from our consoles to twitch and other services that makes you pay to stream from the console to YouTube which is really unfair. I did try to post a similar...
  5. Why can't I choose a folder to download my games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I choose a folder to download my games?: When I try to install some games, it asks me to choose a folder for my games on my C drive. When I choose a folder, it says "You can't set your default install location to that folder. Try another...
  6. Why can't my YouTube run over 360p?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't my YouTube run over 360p?: It's been happening since the day before I posted this. Anytime I try to watch a video on 720p and above stops and lags horribly. Even on ads it lags. ccbcd827-1b3e-4eec-b7cd-da298ea6865f
  7. Why can't I play star wars knights of the old republic

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I play star wars knights of the old republic: Why can't I play star wars knights of the old republic 69ff5b72-b369-44eb-bcfc-8d6a37c0fed2
  8. Why can't I join my friends game session in black ops 2?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why can't I join my friends game session in black ops 2?: I bought the digital version of black ops 2 and I can't join my friends online game sessions for black ops 2 zombies. I've read countless post with people with the same exact issue and no one can...
  9. Why can't I play online

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I play online: I can't sign in to Xbox plus there is other issue that happened it was dragon ball Sparking zero does not appear in the store what is going on abf0550b-4ad5-4bcb-9146-e7b273b17096
  10. Why can't my console connect to the internet properly?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't my console connect to the internet properly?: I have an Xbox Series X that will not connect to the internet, wireless or wired. I've tried to reset both, unplug and replug all cords, allowed the router and console to sit for 5-10 minutes off...